Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 05:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Here is the original deflection and later comments from the same member, who else agrees with it?:

Apparently all that is not just about illegal aliens either...
I still think we need to cut off ALL immigration from Mexico FOR A FEW YEARS. The US have given green cards and citizenship to more Mexicans than anybody else in my life, I was born in the 1960s.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:26 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide19811 View Post
the reason i started this thread was to prove a point,
we need a reform or we need stricter laws
we claim were a nation of laws and the ones posting their opinion
might be lawful citizens, but the ones in my opinion
dissing the law is AMERICAN citizens
how come countries with less wealth
less military manage their immigration policies way better than americas?

you can not expect foreigners to respect the laws when its own citizens violated them

lets put these as an example
mexico can not control the amount of demand of drugs entering america
its goverment in itself struggles to find politicians honest and brave enough to
fight the cancer, latin american gangs, cartels from colombia and other latin american countries use mexico as well to traffic the drugs to america

if you can stick with that thought alone who is to blame there?yet america
claims to be the refere in europe, middle east, asia and reinforces the idea not to mess with american allies, yet america doesnt do nothing about the border

thats why to my opinion america is leaderless, and the society that votes for those losers deserve every bit of result from their misguidence

theres no excuse to what we are witnessing , which is a waves of humans entering into a country that doesnt have order and its own politicians use them (illegals) for scapegoats, for votes YOU NAMED IT.
Our laws are strict enough they just aren't being enforced. No thanks to your reform aka amnesty.

I don't get what you mean by ciitzens breaking laws and therefore we aren't setting an example. What borders did we hop illegally? The only American citizens dissing our immigration laws are the bleedy heart liberals, the greedy employers and an ethnocentric group of Americans. Most of us don't fit any of those catagories.

Many countries aren't as PC as ours is and it will end up being our downfall. Most country's governments won't tolerate illegal immigration because they don't feel the need to be PC and aren't giving away their soveirgn borders for votes, power and money.

The drug problem is an entirely different issue than the illegal immigration problem. It is hard to force these pandering politicians out of office and many of them made promises they don't keep after being elected. Some of them are being elected just because they are also of the same ethnic group as most illegal aliens and their citizen counterparts vote for them as their numbers increase.

We need to make every politician sign a document before being elected that they will uphold the laws of this country, no ifs, butts or maybe's. If they don't they will be removed from office.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
WHATS your problem with mexicans? if they got their green cards and citizenship the right way, why does it make any diffrence to you? or youre against legal immigration?
Although your question wasn't directed at me it's not about those Mexicans here legally already it is about changing our immigration policies for the future so that we have fair and equal quotas from other nationalities/ethnic groups rather than just favoring Mexicans and other Latinos. Don't you like diversity?

Old 06-24-2012, 05:40 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
The problem with Arizona "leading the way" on anything (not just immigration policies), is that nearly the whole state has now become such a hotbed of Tea Party-style craziness, that it just tends to shed more "heat" than "light" on the problem, any problem! And as we already see in Congress, "Ideology" is a lousy way to govern or fashion public policy... no matter how "right" or "entitled" some folks may feel.

"Tea Party in Sonora": Ken Silverstein of Harper's on Arizona 2 - YouTube

Tea Party in the Sonora:
For the future of G.O.P. governance, look to Arizona, By Ken Silverstein

Old 06-24-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
The problem with Arizona "leading the way" on anything (not just immigration policies), is that nearly the whole state has now become such a hotbed of Tea Party-style craziness, that it just tends to shed more "heat" than "light" on the problem, any problem! And as we already see in Congress, "Ideology" is a lousy way to govern or fashion public policy... no matter how "right" or "entitled" some folks may feel.

"Tea Party in Sonora": Ken Silverstein of Harper's on Arizona 2 - YouTube

Tea Party in the Sonora:
For the future of G.O.P. governance, look to Arizona, By Ken Silverstein
Teaparty craziness? Just what does that mean?

Old 06-24-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
see what i mean the division and the mistrust that u feel? you automatically call out the liberals the greedy etc, MY CLAIM IS THAT THE PROBLEM FALLS FROM THE INTERIOR
AMERICANS ARE THE ONES NOT REINFORCING THE LAWS. WHEN THEY CHOOSE TO HIRE AN ILLEGAL
and again you claim diffrent races have diffrent agendas and diffrent visions of were to lead america

so automatically the way you think you have automatically dismatle what holds the country great,
its diversity and now you claim that , that its is weakness

political correctness are used by both groups YOU AS THE CITIZEN JUST NEED TO READ BETWEN THE LINES
Is it or is it not true that it is our government, the greedy employers, bleeding heart liberals and ethnocentrics that are encouraging this problem? It isn't the majority of Americans who are law abiding.

You obviously didn't understand my post. I am FOR diversity and that is why I want immigrant to come from different nationalites and ethnic groups. The opposite is allowing in an overwhelming number from just one nationality or group is NOT diversity.

Did I say that it was only one political party that is guilty of political correctness? No, I didn't. You're reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking because you have misinterpreted just about everything I said.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:17 PM

[quote=iturbide19811;24886655]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Although your question wasn't directed at me it's not about those Mexicans here legally already it is about changing our immigration policies for the future so that we have fair and equal quotas from other nationalities/ethnic groups rather than just favoring Mexicans and other Latinos. Don't you like diversity?)

i could care less who gets what, i was responding to the dude that
wanted all mexicans to just not received anything

if i am mexican and i apply its americas choice if the want me or not. thats it

its about the individual
not about the nationality
when you doubt because of your nationality your automatically discarding the person based of their culture and nationality
We should however for diversity's sake have fair and equal quotas for all potential immigrants from different cultures. Why would you disagree with that? Equal and fair is "discarding"? Well yes it is if you allow in more from one group than another. The group with the fewer quotas is being "discarded" not the one with the most quotas. Sheesh!

You know what? This forum is supposed to be about illegal immigration, not legal. So I am not going to respond to any more remarks about legal immigrants as it is off topic.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Teaparty craziness? Just what does that mean?
If you have to ask, you're part of the problem. Just ask the majority of the voters (Republican & Dem alike), who give the current "Tea Party Congress" a stunning 84% disapproval rating, the lowest ever recorded!

Old 06-24-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
If you have to ask, you're part of the problem. Just ask the majority of the voters (Republican & Dem alike), who give the current "Tea Party Congress" a stunning 84% disapproval rating, the lowest ever recorded!

From the article:

Just 13 percent of Americans in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll approve of the way Congress is handling its job, while 84 percent disapprove – its worst rating in poll results since 1974. Sixty-five percent disapprove “strongly,” a vast level of high-intensity criticism.

Where does it say "Tea Party Congress"? It says that congress itself has an overall 84% disapproval rating. That would include both Republicans and the Democrats. There wasn't even a mention of the Teaparty because they aren't a poltical party in congress. Nice try, but no cigar.

The Teaparty advocates for fiscial responsiblity on the part our government. That's a problem?

Again, could we get back to the title of this forum which is illegal immigration?

Old 06-24-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
From the article:

Just 13 percent of Americans in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll approve of the way Congress is handling its job, while 84 percent disapprove – its worst rating in poll results since 1974. Sixty-five percent disapprove “strongly,” a vast level of high-intensity criticism.

Where does it say "Tea Party Congress"? It says that congress itself has an overall 84% disapproval rating. That would include both Republicans and the Democrats. There wasn't even a mention of the Teaparty because they aren't a poltical party in congress. Nice try, but no cigar.

The Teaparty advocates for fiscial responsiblity on the part our government. That's a problem?

Again, could we get back to the title of this forum which is illegal immigration?
Even the conservative Cato Institute calls it the "Tea Party Congress" (you know, the so-called "revolutionary takeover" by the GOP in 2010?)!
Funny how they like to take credit when they're "winning", but when the news looks bad, suddenly it's "oh, it's both parties"!

And BTW, this is about immigration.... and why the public policy shouldn't be left to a bunch of wacko ideologues, operating with an eight grade education:

Study: “The most ardent tea party Republicans in Congress speak at about an eighth-grade level.”

"In an analysis of floor debates over the last several years, the study found that newer lawmakers tended to speak at a lower grade level than the veterans of congressional speechifying."

Guess who scored the lowest! Go ahead, guess. I’ll wait........... OK, give up?

"It should come as no surprise that the lawmakers at the bottom of the list, speaking at the lowest grade level, are among the most ardent tea party Republicans in the freshman class. Rep. Mick Mulvaney of South Carolina, Rep. Robert Woodall of Georgia and Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky were the bottom three — speaking at about an eighth-grade level, the study found."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration