Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 01:50 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,871,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I don't think its even POSSIBLE to deport the MILLIONS of Illegals reported to be in the US.
So yes.. i think amnesty is easier..

Regardless of the approach, fix the damn leak first and secure the Southern BORDER!!!!

Justice Scalio said yesterday that the programs necessary to give green cards to the 800,000 to 1.5 million would have been more than enough money to deport them.

Of course you have to be willing to go to the effort to do it.

Funny that we have plenty of money to hire TSA agents to frisk us at airports but no money for Homeland security.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:00 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,214,143 times
I've always voted Dem and love me some Obama. This decision is enough to make me vote the other way. Illegal immigration is a hot topic for me and I can't stand the way that many Dems tapdance for these azzholes.

If I had any confidence that a Republican president would actually *do* something about deporting illegals, I would vote for him/her tomorrow. Sadly, no matter the party, they all seek to exploit illegals for their own gain.

It's infuriating to know that America is so weak when it comes to this issue. Get some national pride, please!!!!

Old 06-26-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Obama stopped a program that allowed local law enforcement to do what the SCOTUS just ruled as unconstitutional as it is a federal role.

Homeland Security revokes 287(g) immigration check agreements in Arizona | Arizona Capitol Times

Obama cannot continue with this program because it is ruled unconstitutional and he discontinued it nationwide. Jan Brewer needs to stop whining and playing the victim and start conducting herself with dignity. She reminds me of a truck stop waitress with a lot of attitude.

I know you don't read your own links but I read it and SCOTUS did not rule this unconstitutional. Napolitono said they would no longer answer the calls from officers unless they met the new guidlines of this administration. The NEW guidelines don't follow our immigration laws. The SCOTUS didn't change the laws.

Obama is picking people to punish again....you know...the AMERICAN citizens that pay his wages. Maybe he should conduct himself with dignity and enforce the laws he swore to uphold. That is exactly what Brewer IS doing.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I've always voted Dem and love me some Obama. This decision is enough to make me vote the other way. Illegal immigration is a hot topic for me and I can't stand the way that many Dems tapdance for these azzholes.

If I had any confidence that a Republican president would actually *do* something about deporting illegals, I would vote for him/her tomorrow. Sadly, no matter the party, they all seek to exploit illegals for their own gain.

It's infuriating to know that America is so weak when it comes to this issue. Get some national pride, please!!!!

Thank you. I feel the same way. We don't have enough jobs for our own citizens. And I hate to see anyone exploited. Makes me sick.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,857,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I know you don't read your own links but I read it and SCOTUS did not rule this unconstitutional. Napolitono said they would no longer answer the calls from officers unless they met the new guidlines of this administration. The NEW guidelines don't follow our immigration laws. The SCOTUS didn't change the laws.

Obama is picking people to punish again....you know...the AMERICAN citizens that pay his wages. Maybe he should conduct himself with dignity and enforce the laws he swore to uphold. That is exactly what Brewer IS doing.
Perhaps you should look closer into the facts and leave your emotions out of your conclusions.

Quote:
The Supreme Court tossed out three provisions of SB 1070 and, as for the fourth -- the "papers, please" provision -- the court left that key piece of the law intact.

But largely irrelevant.

The Obama administration has no intention of going along with Brewer's brand of immigration enforcement, and the Supreme Court says it doesn't have to.
Quote:
The court noted that the feds have "broad discretion" about who to deport. "Unauthorized workers trying to support their families, for example, likely pose less danger than alien smugglers or aliens who commit a serious crime," it said.

The court did rule that Arizona police can ask about immigration status during a legitimate stop, if they have reason to, but added that detaining people "solely to verify their immigration status would raise constitutional concerns."
Quote:
That official said ICE will respond only in three circumstances: when the illegal immigrant is a criminal, a repeat immigration violator or a recent border crosser.

"We apprehend more people than we can possibly get through the system," he said, adding that the detention centers and immigration courts are overwhelmed.

Read more: 'Papers, please' intact, irrelevant

Old 06-26-2012, 03:34 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,517,191 times
I don't get any of this chit. As a retired Canadian snowbirding in Yuma for the last 6 winters; my custom built toter truck with which I pulled a huge Fifth wheel RV was constantly getting scrutiny by LEO's for obvious reasons being curiosity and also safety conformity. ANY time I was stopped by routine traffic inspections for everything from border inspection to vegetable and customs inspections I got the full court press of; proof of ownership to even being requested to show our passports on one occasion wehn simply passing through a vegetable inspection station just outside Yuma on the way into California.

What in the hell is wrong with this picture when a Canadian visitor, there to spend his retirement income is questioned while an illegal is federally prevented from being questioned.

I'm a visitor and should expect to show proof of any number of requirements on ocassion. Why should any Hispanic feel they are immune from a sideways glance with this "racist profiling" strawman bullcrap? Goose~Gander!

Last edited by BruSan; 06-26-2012 at 04:33 PM..

Old 06-26-2012, 03:36 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,484,184 times
He must be doing it to keep republicans happy as all I hear is how the repubs want the illegals here.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:49 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,174,351 times
Then Arizona, if they find someone who is there illegally should drive them to the border and drop them off. Let another state handle it.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:08 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,132,658 times
Of course MILLIONS of ILLEGALS can be deported . Operation ******* in 1954 by Eisenhower got rid of more than a million illegals.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:27 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,035,742 times
There is no reason to give amnesty when there is no border security. So say you give anmesty for a million guess what two million more come because they think they will just get anmesty eventually too. That is the flaw with Reagan and his amnesty they didn't secure the borders afterwards. Now the DHS says hey Arizona your on your own. Good luck enforcing fed laws that you can't enforce because your a state and we aren't gonna enforce em. What state will feel the wrath of Obama next and for what? This man thinks he can pick and choose what federal laws he will enforce. That is not the job of the president. Dictator yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration