Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 07:19 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yes I have been here long enough to roughly estimate that 85% of all topics and issues related to illegal immigration here are based solely on them being Mexicans.

If I had a pie chart of the discussion points here, it would be about:
85% Stopping the Southern Border
10% Removing Entitlement programs
5% Everything else, including stopping companies from hiring.
I may be fairly new in here but I have read just as many negative remarks about the employers as I have read about illegal immigrants. It has been explained countless times that the reason that Mexicans and our southern border gets mentioned all the time is because most illegal immigrants are from Mexico and points southward and yet this same old question keeps getting raised. Why is that? I have often mentioned that we need to remove the incentives for coming here and so have many others. It is dishonest to claim otherwise.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:49 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Yes I have been here long enough to roughly estimate that 85% of all topics and issues related to illegal immigration here are based solely on them being Mexicans.

Sounds about right cause about 85 percent of illegal aliens ARE from LatAm including Mexico AND they're the ones causing most of the trouble like demanding amnesty. I'm of Irish family and if most illegals were Irish, I still be complaining about them. Sheesh!

I def want the programs stopped for illegals too.

Many illegals are crying about how Arizona and so on are trying to make it tough to hire them.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:02 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:

C'mon, Mach. Let's not play games. This is the Illegal Immigration Forum, and the overwhelming majority of illegal aliens are Mexican. They aren't the primary topic of discussion "based solely on them being Mexican." That's BS, and you know it. They're the primary topic of discussion because they comprise the lion's share of illegal aliens. Sorry, but that's an irrefutable fact. If the majority of illegal aliens were any other group, they would likewise be the topic. If we were debating the causal factors of juvenile diabetes, would it make sense to exclude juveniles from the topic of discussion?

As for your pie chart, considering our illegal immigration demographics, should our southern border not be a legitimate concern? Do we receive the majority of illegal aliens from SOB, or do most enter through Canada? In addition, we are spending untold billions annually on illegal aliens while we have more than 23 million unemployed citizens, record numbers receiving food stamps, and an anemic economy. So, yes, the billions being squandered on people who should not be here is an unnecessary and unsustainable tax burden. It must end.

If you recall, I started a thread suggesting we should join forces to attack illegal employers. I even posted a website devoted to exposing suspected employers of illegal aliens. Not one pro-illegal was onboard. In fact, most pro-illegals seemed more concerned with protecting employers from being "unfairly" targeted. The assumption being, they most likely "unknowingly" hired illegals. E-Verify is another issue pro-illegals oppose. While it may not be 100% effective, it certainly would put a dent in illegal employment. I don't know one anti-illegal who does not feel utter disdain for the greedy buzzards that willfully employ illegals. Not one.

It's amazing that you think Mexican illegal aliens and our porous southern border are not legitimate topics for this forum. I'm scratching my head.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
C'mon, Mach. Let's not play games. This is the Illegal Immigration Forum, and the overwhelming majority of illegal aliens are Mexican. They aren't the primary topic of discussion "based solely on them being Mexican." That's BS, and you know it. They're the primary topic of discussion because they comprise the lion's share of illegal aliens. Sorry, but that's an irrefutable fact. If the majority of illegal aliens were any other group, they would likewise be the topic. If we were debating the causal factors of juvenile diabetes, would it make sense to exclude juveniles from the topic of discussion?

As for your pie chart, considering our illegal immigration demographics, should our southern border not be a legitimate concern? Do we receive the majority of illegal aliens from SOB, or do most enter through Canada? In addition, we are spending untold billions annually on illegal aliens while we have more than 23 million unemployed citizens, record numbers receiving food stamps, and an anemic economy. So, yes, the billions being squandered on people who should not be here is an unnecessary and unsustainable tax burden. It must end.

If you recall, I started a thread suggesting we should join forces to attack illegal employers. I even posted a website devoted to exposing suspected employers of illegal aliens. Not one pro-illegal was onboard. In fact, most pro-illegals seemed more concerned with protecting employers from being "unfairly" targeted. The assumption being, they most likely "unknowingly" hired illegals. E-Verify is another issue pro-illegals oppose. While it may not be 100% effective, it certainly would put a dent in illegal employment. I don't know one anti-illegal who does not feel utter disdain for the greedy buzzards that willfully employ illegals. Not one.

It's amazing that you think Mexican illegal aliens and our porous southern border are not legitimate topics for this forum. I'm scratching my head.
Where did I say that they are not legitimate topics? What I said is that addressing the companies hiring is not even close to the topic of Mexicans and the southern border.

Basically you don't dispute my pie chart, thanks I thought I nailed it.

Topics discussed on City Data Illegal Immigration Forum:

Last edited by Mach50; 09-21-2012 at 09:14 AM..

Old 09-21-2012, 09:11 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
It isn't just Mexicans crossing the southern border either; it's people from all over Central America, plus people from various other nations. Our border patrol picks up fence jumpers from China, Pakistan, various African nations, etc.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Where did I say that they are not legitimate topics? What I said is that addressing the companies hiring is not even close to the topic of Mexicans and the southern border.

Basically you don't dispute my pie chart, thanks I thought I nailed it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge, YOU have never attempted to address illegal employers on this forum. I certainly have. Furthermore, most topics are based on articles posted by the media. We discuss the available articles on illegal employers. If you are aware of articles that have not been posted on this forum, please share.

No, I do not dispute your pie chart. Again, the majority of illegal aliens are Mexican, and illegal aliens are draining us dry. What's to dispute?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:17 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Not to sidetrack things here, but actually it's a pretty well-known fact that's been debated here many times, that Red states receive more in benefits than they pay in fed taxes (with wingers always making different "excuses"). Although these days in a recession most every state is becoming a 'net payee' now, but "some" states always continue to receive WAY more help than others...

BTW, if you wanna blame AZ's "neediness" on "illegals", CA has lots more of 'em than AZ.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowedEstimated number of Illegal Immigrants (per capita) statistics
According to your own map link, it looks like there are a number of Blue States that also receive more in benefits then they pay. The highest paid state is a blue state @ $2.83 (W. Virgina). According to your map its due to many factors which accounts for those states that receive more. I fail to see what his actually proves. You do realize farm subsidies and various other fed programs (more than what is listed at the bottom of your map) also contribute to these monies, right?

Last edited by Yac; 09-26-2012 at 05:56 AM..

Old 09-21-2012, 09:19 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge, YOU have never attempted to address illegal employers on this forum. I certainly have. Furthermore, most topics are based on articles posted by the media. We discuss the available articles on illegal employers. If you are aware of articles that have not been posted on this forum, please share.

No, I do not dispute your pie chart. Again, the majority of illegal aliens are Mexican, and illegal aliens are draining us dry. What's to dispute?
Nothing apparently, we agree!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Nothing apparently, we agree!

If you are acknowledging the fact that Mexicans are the primary topic due to their overwhelming numbers among the illegal alien population, and that illegal aliens have created an unfair burden on U.S. taxpayers, then YES, we do agree. But, if you continue to believe Mexicans are being unfairly targeted due to their nationality, then, NO we do not agree. Which is it?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:42 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
I can guarantee a lot of posters on this forum wouldn't be here if the majority of people crossing illegally were 'other than' Mexican. Which tells me they have serious skin in the game as they are their relatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration