Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:11 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times

Advertisements

LOL! Read his original post thoroughly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 08:36 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
You read my comment wrong, I am Hispanic.

I was referring to English Speaking Americans saying these things.
You seem to be an American--and you're quite good at writing in English. Aren't you an "English-speaking American"? Don't you really mean CERTAIN English-speaking Americans?

Not trying to annoy you, Mach50....I'm just trying to make the point that some of the stuff you're alluding to is, of course, definitely the work of racists. These people are annoying, and I see them now and then, have been victimized, etc., etc.
But having said that, I also know many people---many of them Hispanic---and many of these DESCENDED from illegals, and even a few who were once illegal themselves---who are quite annoyed with the entire illegal immigration situation. Of course, the points you made refer to silly complaints...many of these reflect a simple annoyance, and it's hard to take these as serious issues. But there ARE very legitimate objections to illegal immigration, and you can't deny people the right to complain about this. And it doesn't mean a person is a racist because he feels this way.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:41 PM

447 posts, read 798,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
Like you, I am not certain of a reasonable or viable solution. However, a GREAT first step would be for MEXICO to start taking responsibility for it's own poor and/or desperate.

I believe that although I am vehemently "anit-Illegal" in regards to the concept of Illegal immigration, have absolutely no ill-will towards the individual in most cases unless they are here committing other more serious crimes. To the contrary, they were victimized by their own country's lack of interest in supporting it's own poor preferring instead to rely on the U.S. as it's "welfare" sysem.

I think the feelings of most ant-ILLEGAL folks like myself is that we are tired of being forced to solve another country's problems with our hard-earned dollars.

bravo...thank you

Old 10-10-2007, 08:49 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
You read my comment wrong, I am Hispanic.

I was referring to English Speaking Americans saying these things.
You are what I would refer to as a 'Soledad O'Brien'........she is claimed by the Blacks, Hispanics and the Irish------her father was an Australian of Irish lineage

In fact; O'Brien's family ran into Jim Crow laws when her parents got married------they had to do it in Wash DC due to it being illegal for Blacks and Whites to marry back in the 1950's in Maryland.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:52 PM

Soledad O'Brien looks pretty Hispanic to me. María de la Soledad Teresa O'Brien, just the name gives it away. A lot of Hispanics have REALLY long names.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Soledad O'Brien looks pretty Hispanic to me. María de la Soledad Teresa O'Brien, just the name gives it away. A lot of Hispanics have REALLY long names.
Yeah--like "Vince Fox"

Old 10-10-2007, 08:59 PM

LOL! Vicente Fox, I believe his Dad is American and his mom is Spanish. I guess you can say he's a white boy.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
LOL! Vicente Fox, I believe his Dad is American and his mom is Spanish. I guess you can say he's a white boy.
He's a "pocho", then?....thought his roots went back farther than that. I know Castro is only a first-generation Cuban. And of course "Arnold" has a very short pedigree as a Californian. And George Bush sure don't "talk like no Connecticut Yankee"....but he is one..

Old 10-10-2007, 09:06 PM

I don't think Vicente is a "pocho", I'm more of a pocho than Vicente since I was born and raised here. Where did Fidel come from? As for Arnold.. His father was part of the Nazi Regime. Not much more to say about that.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:06 PM

447 posts, read 798,311 times
travelling fella:

i hear what you are saying, and i too agree though hate to admit our own governmant has failed us as americans.
you did not say whether you ever paln on coming to america, or not, legally or illegally, but i would welcome you if you chose the legal way.

i would like to touch on one thing that you said, and it was about americans spending more that they can afford,though.

my response to you is this.... americans....we are our brothers keeper...the referees of the world. we have big shoulders and open pocketbooks. when the cause is warranted....
that is been proved throughout history....first we freed ourselves from a tyrannical government, we fed the hungry in ethiopia, we fought the nazis,we provide aid to many , many countries in need, without questioning why most times.
we have defended many nations over the history of america...too many to count...but two in particular in these days...iraq and afghanistan come to mind...
we fund this war for good reasons to fight terrorism(which is a different topic alll together) but we do it, allowing ourselves to go into debt to fight for the greater good, and to help others obtain freedom.

i , for one will give my tax dollars to fight terrorism of any kind....i will be my brothers keeper because i believe it is my responsibility to do so....but i refuse to give my hard earned dollars on illegal immigration...i will refuse to accept an illegal immigrant is not a threat.

on 9-11 america woke up on the subject of illegal immigration, after it was proven that all the terrorists were here illegally in some way or another...as for my family, we learned the hard way that illegal immigation was alive and thriving in america,
we were affected in the worst way that can happen, there are too many more victims of illegal immigrants ,i have learned, that have also been affected by this invasion,(which would usually be a battle cry, instead of a whisper to our government) this makes me sick...it makes me cry.

i will defend me if you ask...i hope mexico flourishes, because it is a beautiful place....with great people that come from and live in it...
but come here illegally, demand rights even american ciotizens are not afforded, take my hard earned tax dollars, injure maim or kill one of my loved ones, neighbors or friends, and this bald eagle is gonna fight you tooth and nail....

again, i think if 20 + miliion american illegals invaded your country and screamed in your face, you too would have to take notice and choose a side.

i choose america.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration