Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:20 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Why not simply fine illegals and issue a work visa so they won't need to steal anyone else's ID to work? Public policy could be as simple as that.

I am not sure why there is so much drama regarding making simple policy decisions that can reduce public and private sector costs, and end the problem of illegal migrant labor participation in the US market for labor.

Why not simply charge illegals with a crime and issue a deportation order? That would solve any future issues. Personally I am sick of rewarding criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 06:18 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Why not simply fine illegals and issue a work visa so they won't need to steal anyone else's ID to work? Public policy could be as simple as that.

I am not sure why there is so much drama regarding making simple policy decisions that can reduce public and private sector costs, and end the problem of illegal migrant labor participation in the US market for labor.
The problem; danielpalos, is there are at least 12 million illegal immigrants here-----not counting their anchor babies, in other words, way too many to 'amnesty'.

Now: I will admit it we had 1-2 million illegals who were otherwise obeying the law........I could then see the point of amnesty.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:06 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Why not simply charge illegals with a crime and issue a deportation order? That would solve any future issues. Personally I am sick of rewarding criminals.
You wouldn't be rewarding criminals if they have to pay a fine and then get issued a work visa, in much the same manner as a fixit ticket.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:00 PM

140 posts, read 111,971 times
Quote:

Great idea! Why not just give bank robbers cash so they wouldn't have to rob banks? Oh, and drug dealers too, hmmmm seems like I'm leaving someone out....rapists, what should we do with them???? Hmm????????????

Old 11-01-2007, 07:01 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
Great idea! Why not just give bank robbers cash so they wouldn't have to rob banks? Oh, and drug dealers too, hmmmm seems like I'm leaving someone out....rapists, what should we do with them???? Hmm????????????

Why do we ignorant Americans believe that all illegals are murders, drug dealers and rapists? Have we been watching too much Scarface?

Old 11-01-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
You must be confusing felony illegals with misdemeanor illegals. Crossing the border without inspection is about as serious as jaywalking across a state line; literally.

Why not simply fine them and issue a market friendly work visa, for a small additional fee; or do you like paying higher taxes so you can feel superior to someone who is willing to work as hard, or harder than you.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
You must be confusing felony illegals with misdemeanor illegals. Crossing the border without inspection is about as serious as jaywalking across a state line; literally.

Why not simply fine them and issue a market friendly work visa, for a small additional fee; or do you like paying higher taxes so you can feel superior to someone who is willing to work as hard, or harder than you.
Good point. Something of that magnitude could potentially put billions in the Governments hands and save them billions as well. They won't help the illegals pay for their babies, they can just deduct off their pay check now that they are legal. They should do this with the current illegals living in the U.S and then put more money towards border security.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:51 AM

140 posts, read 111,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Why do we ignorant Americans believe that all illegals are murders, drug dealers and rapists? Have we been watching too much Scarface?
Speak for yourself kid, the stats on your kinfolk however, speak for themselves.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:22 AM

Can you cite any sources for your contention?

Old 11-03-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Speak for yourself kid, the stats on your kinfolk however, speak for themselves.
Yes, please enlighten us with your sources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration