Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There are no gray areas where our laws are concerned. My views are myopic? Evidently you haven't read up on the negative impact that illegal immigrants impose on our society or perhaps you just don't care? Now that's myopic. Far too many that think like you take the moral highground on this issue all in the name of compassion when there is no compassion for one's own fellow citzens. Why is that?
Fixing the border problems is 30 years TOO LATE! No politician or leader has had the ballz to touch it with a 10' pole, and Reagan's amnesty wasn't followed by border measures, and it won't be this time, either.

And if things changed miraculously tomorrow, and suddenly all these jobs mentioned became availabe, do you really think the average Americans would stampede for those jobs? I don't think so! Kids would have more summer and weekend jobs. Otherwise, attitudes towards minimum jobs have changed, and it would likely take an impending greater recession doom to do it. Because THAT'S a problem, too ~ one that YOU refuse to see! You think a meth-chef, a professional welfare recipient, or even an average Joe who made a living wage and is now unemployed, wants to jump in and take a couple of minimum-wage jobs to pay bills? The change DOES need to happen, and it needs to happen before long because more and more jobs will go into extinction with robots.

And, yes, greedy employers would need to figure that out. Outside is my window is a construction troop replacing a neighbor's roof. There are 6 people working on that roof, if not more ~ all migrants.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:53 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Fixing the border problems is 30 years TOO LATE! No politician or leader has had the ballz to touch it with a 10' pole, and Reagan's amnesty wasn't followed by border measures, and it won't be this time, either...
I was searching for another, uhhm, "event" that happened on this day from an incident a week later close by this city, and found this:

[Click on the image for where the original is on the Internet]

Amazing that this was almost 30 years ago...

Old 02-14-2013, 10:43 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I was searching for another, uhhm, "event" that happened on this day from an incident a week later close by this city, and found this:

[Click on the image for where the original is on the Internet]

Amazing that this was almost 30 years ago...

Wow! Thank you for sending this. Interestingly enough, this area is where I was raised, although I was long gone by '84.

Here in the Portland area I started to notice changes in low-wage hirees in '78, but the early-80's is when I began to feel concern.

Thanks.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:00 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Wow! Thank you for sending this. Interestingly enough, this area is where I was raised, although I was long gone by '84.

Here in the Portland area I started to notice changes in low-wage hirees in '78, but the early-80's is when I began to feel concern.

Thanks.
The other editions around this date also have similar front page stories...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration