Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 08:47 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,213,988 times

Advertisements

Rand Paul is about to endorse a path to citizenship and declare opposition to deportation of people who entered the US illegally.

Rand Paul endorses path to citizenship - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 08:52 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,165 times
The two staw poll winners at CPAC were Paul and Rubio...both seek CIR.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:53 AM

62,890 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Rand Paul is about to endorse a path to citizenship and declare opposition to deportation of people who entered the US illegally.

Rand Paul endorses path to citizenship - CBS News
Just another Republican fool who thinks this will garner more votes from the Hispanic community for their party. There still are some saner heads prevailing in congress and I hope they don't all end up selling our country down the river by caving into this travesty called CIR.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:06 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,165 times
what have they gained by sticking to old tired fears. Losing the two past elections.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:14 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
Of course I knew this would happen. He's a libertarian. Real libertarians, instead of Republicans who call themselves libertarian because it's the hot new thing now, support open borders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just another Republican fool who thinks this will garner more votes from the Hispanic community for their party. There still are some saner heads prevailing in congress and I hope they don't all end up selling our country down the river by caving into this travesty called CIR.
If I were you, I'd start adjusting myself now for CIR to become reality. It has a 75% chance of passing, might as well get used to it. Otherwise, you're just gonna be angry and bitter for no reason like white nationalists are.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:16 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,982 times
The ONLY PATH illegals need is right out of the NATION ! ANY FOOL that thinks otherwise needs a horsewhipping.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
what have they gained by sticking to old tired fears. Losing the two past elections.
What "fears"?

Old 03-19-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Of course I knew this would happen. He's a libertarian. Real libertarians, instead of Republicans who call themselves libertarian because it's the hot new thing now, support open borders.

If I were you, I'd start adjusting myself now for CIR to become reality. It has a 75% chance of passing, might as well get used to it. Otherwise, you're just gonna be angry and bitter for no reason like white nationalists are.
Don't count your chickens yet. This amnesty was pushed by Bush a few years ago and the outrage by the public was what kept it from passing last time and will again.

Please don't bring white nationalists into this issue. The majority of Americans regardless of their race do not support another amnesty (other than ethnocentric Hispanics, that is). Bitter and angry? Um, millions of illegal immigrants have invaded our country and have costs us billions not to mention the loss job opportunties for Americans. If that isn't reason to be bitter and angry then I don't know what is.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:21 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,697,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Don't count your chickens yet. This amnesty was pushed by Bush a few years ago and the outrage by the public was what kept it from passing last time and will again.

Please don't bring white nationalists into this issue. The majority of Americans regardless of their race do not support another amnesty (other than ethnocentric Hispanics, that is). Bitter and angry? Um, millions of illegal immigrants have invaded our country and have costs us billions not to mention the loss job opportunties for Americans. If that isn't reason to be bitter and angry then I don't know what is.
About those chickens...

That was then, this is now:

"More than 6 in 10 Americans now favor allowing illegal immigrants to eventually become U.S. citizens, a major increase in support driven by a turnaround in Republicans’ opinions after the 2012 elections.
Sixty-two percent of Americans now favor providing a way for illegal immigrants in the U.S. to become citizens, an increase from just 50 percent in the summer of 2010, the last time the AP polled on the question."

AP-GfK Poll: Most back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants as Republican opposition declines | Associated Press GfK Poll

Old 03-19-2013, 01:38 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,213,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
About those chickens...

That was then, this is now:

"More than 6 in 10 Americans now favor allowing illegal immigrants to eventually become U.S. citizens, a major increase in support driven by a turnaround in Republicans’ opinions after the 2012 elections.
Sixty-two percent of Americans now favor providing a way for illegal immigrants in the U.S. to become citizens, an increase from just 50 percent in the summer of 2010, the last time the AP polled on the question."

AP-GfK Poll: Most back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants as Republican opposition declines | Associated Press GfK Poll
Americans are getting weary of the fights. Illegals are destroying the workplace and ripping the social safety net to pieces while gays and lesbians are trampling on our morality and marriage customs. The people with their hands out have taken over the government. Politicians like Paul are compromising core values to get re-elected. There are just too many things going sour in modern America. Traditional Americans are getting too tired to fight it anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration