Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 03:12 PM

43 posts, read 88,424 times

Advertisements

Did you honestly know that English not the official language of the US. People its not so stop saying illegals should learn it cause honestly we don't have an official language. I'm sure people would love think that English should be but until Puerto Rico is not associated with the US anymore I don't think its going to happen.

I'm posting this thread because I've been looking through some others and notice a lot of people say.... They should learn english and maybe people wouldn't mind as much, or They should learn english because thats what everyone else speaks, or They should learn english becasue this or this.

I think that english is a really hard language to learn. Hell some Americans can not even get it right!! I know that i have a hard time making things come out right. I do speak english and spanish and its a lot easier for me to live in the world knowing both.

So people please stop saying that illegals from any country should learn english because simply its not our official language!!!

Old 11-02-2007, 03:15 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
Did you honestly know that English not the official language of the US. People its not so stop saying illegals should learn it cause honestly we don't have an official language. I'm sure people would love think that English should be but until Puerto Rico is not associated with the US anymore I don't think its going to happen.

I'm posting this thread because I've been looking through some others and notice a lot of people say.... They should learn english and maybe people wouldn't mind as much, or They should learn english because thats what everyone else speaks, or They should learn english becasue this or this.

I think that english is a really hard language to learn. Hell some Americans can not even get it right!! I know that i have a hard time making things come out right. I do speak english and spanish and its a lot easier for me to live in the world knowing both.

So people please stop saying that illegals from any country should learn english because simply its not our official language!!!
It's the de facto official language of this country, as all executive and legislative government business in this country is conducted in English. Do you know what "de facto" means?

Illegals from EVERY country who do not speak English should be REQUIRED to learn English. In fact, you have to demonstrate proficiency in English to become a citizen of this country unless you're mentally deficient, too young to speak, or too elderly to learn.

For someone who is supposedly sponsoring her illegal signifcant other through the immigration system, you don't seem to know very much about it. Tell me...have you started filling out your hardship waiver yet...because you're going to need one. Big time.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,650 posts, read 16,138,284 times
I dont think illegals should learn English, I think they should be deported.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:17 PM

635 posts, read 1,747,033 times
Let me guess? Spanish is now the official language of the United States.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:19 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I meant to say IMMIGRANTS, not illegals. My bad. Illegals should be given the boot, even if they already know English.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:21 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Concur, 100%!

Old 11-02-2007, 03:27 PM

756 posts, read 2,000,224 times
English should be our official language in people should be requred to learn it(why would they not want to learn it)
Every country need one language that everyone uderstands why would english not be ours?

Old 11-02-2007, 03:29 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
English should be our official language in people should be requred to learn it(why would they not want to learn it)
Every country need one language that everyone uderstands why would english not be ours?
It's not, if you want it to be official write your congressman or something.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:36 PM

238 posts, read 1,144,549 times
It is the offical language in many cities and towns.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:43 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,713,690 times
Another lame excuse to say "Spanish" or "bi-lingual" is ok. They really dont say "Spanish" anymore, its Bi-Lingual and English is secondary. If you think English is hard to learn, then so be it. DONT COME HERE! if our country is going to hard to assimilate to, then DONT COME HERE! Remember, if you want to come to the USA.. Please learn English before you come over! I know I had to!

REMEMBER! Its not your RIGHT to come to the USA, Its a PRIVILAGE! Please get that into your Knoggins!(a slang term for head or brain)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration