Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 05:04 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

I heard a leftie on XM radio whining about how illegals are taken advantage of by some employers.

Awwwww.....ain't that a shame.

They come here illegally and then feel as if they deserve to be treated fairly?

I'll abuse their cheap labor any chance I get.

If I don't like the job they did, I'll withhold payment.

That's my stand.

Perhaps we the people can stem the flow of these criminals by screwing them at every turn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 05:14 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Heartless user is the perfect description.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:18 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
not sure where you are getting their labor for "cheap." illegals make much more money than legal citizens do for doing the same jobs, and they drive up unemployment while driving down wages.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:54 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
not sure where you are getting their labor for "cheap." illegals make much more money than legal citizens do for doing the same jobs, and they drive up unemployment while driving down wages.
Absolutely not true.

How can someone drive down wages if they're paid higher wages?

Got three prices for removing a tree....$1200, $900 and $800

Hired two Hispanics and did it for $300!

Since I will not be effected by 20 million new "citizens", bring them on!

Old 06-22-2013, 06:57 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,733,906 times
People with the level of contempt for his fellow man as our friend alpha here are the prime reason people are fleeing the Republican party in droves these days. That's exactly the perception a lot of people have with that party. I like reading his posts though because they remind me of how nasty human nature can be. It seems like the righties are hell bent on destroying themselves.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
People with the level of contempt for his fellow man as our friend alpha here are the prime reason people are fleeing the Republican party in droves these days. That's exactly the perception a lot of people have with that party. I like reading his posts though because they remind me of how nasty human nature can be. It seems like the righties are hell bent on destroying themselves.
No, more like getting the best deal for his dollar.
Illegals don't have to worry about FICA, UE tax, worker's comp and all those other employer taxes.
What they charge goes in their pocket.

This isn't new. It's been going on for years. Even companies are doing it.
A construction company hires a foreman. Gives him a pot of money and says "Go hire yourself a crew".

11-20 million illegals ...they have to be making money somehow.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:12 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Contempt for one's fellow man? Is that what it means when one objects to illegal immigration and to feel that these lawbreakers deserve whatever they get? Is that having a nasty human nature? Righties? Do you actually think that only the right objects to illegal immigration? How are they destroying themselves by standing up for the rule of law? Why does the left always make this about party affiliation? Aren't we all obligated to respect our laws?

Old 06-22-2013, 08:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
The USG allows it. They've turned a blind eye to it.
A mere slap on the wrist to an employer along with a fine and they are back at it the next day.
And reporting it is a huge joke. Like ICE or DHS is going to do anything ?
You have sanctuary cities and states defying the law.

You have illegals filing US tax returns for crying out loud and getting money back.
You have illegals going to court and winning cases.

So put your faux outrage away when individuals pay for cheap labor.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:29 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,904,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Absolutely not true.

Your part of the problem!

"First they came for the agriculture jobs
and I did not speak out
because I was not a farm worker.
Then they came for the Construction workers jobs
and I did not speak out
because I was not a construction worker.
Then they came for the factory jobs
and I did not speak out
because I did not work in a factory
Then they came for my job
and there was no jobs left for me."

Old 06-22-2013, 08:46 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Absolutely not true.

SO you hired 2 guys that had no license or insurances and if they got hurt on your property could have sued you for everything you had. That's one hell of a chance to take, don't you think?

And then we have the mindset of you, you will not be effected, but one of those 3 companies and there employees were effected by your use of cheap, unlicensed labor, for which legally you must pay taxes on them as employees for you. Did you pay your employer taxes on them (provided they did not show you a business license for their company )?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration