Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 06:51 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
These illegals aren't Americans anyway so why should any of us accept them as so? Why would we want to make citizens out of lawbreakers? We have enough citizen lawbreakers already.

So I guess according to some in here unless the GOP thumbs their noses and our immigration laws and puts illegal foreigners above the best interests of this nation as a whole they will become extinct? What kind of Americans would be up for that and that are making those kinds of demands? Oh wait.......Those who are ethnically like most illegals. Such gall and arrogance!
“Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” ― Aristotle

Great post..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 07:44 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
“Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” ― Aristotle

Great post..
You see there? You get it.....

Old 08-19-2013, 08:13 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
no, we dont, just build a fence and stand firm in the rule of law...
Okay, well, with all the illegal safe havens that exist in our country (pretty much every major metropolitan area in America) good luck deporting them. And your dream of a fence may only be realized if we legalize the Mexicans that are here now. The bill being proposed will create the fence you seek, but you can't have everything you want in this fight.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:21 PM

38 posts, read 27,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I love this country! And I don't know why so many people view illegal Mexicans who want to make America their home as some type of invader insect. Do you really think their dispositions are so different than your own?
What do illegal mexicans have to do with CIR? Isnt it all illegals? What does disposition have to do with anything?

Old 08-19-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Okay, well, with all the illegal safe havens that exist in our country (pretty much every major metropolitan area in America) good luck deporting them. And your dream of a fence may only be realized if we legalize the Mexicans that are here now. The bill being proposed will create the fence you seek, but you can't have everything you want in this fight.
This CIR leaves open the defunding of the fence. This CIR will not pass anytime soon.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus Black View Post
What do illegal mexicans have to do with CIR? Isnt it all illegals? What does disposition have to do with anything?
CIR? I don't even know what that stands for and I didn't mention it in my post.

And I brought up disposition because when you really look at the cultural views and aspirations of Mexicans you will probably find that they don't vary all too much when compared to your typical American. They also integrate well over the generations. Why exactly would we tell them this can't be their home when it is the only home they have known for a big chunk if not most of their lives?

Edit: Got it. CIR = Comprehensive Immigration Reform.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:33 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Amnesty is not going to improve their chances.
It might somewhat in the short-term, but not in the long(er)-term.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus Black View Post
Those illegals have large American families. One of my long time friends for instance. He was born to two parents that were illegals. He is one out of four kids. Do you think any of those kids are registered Republicans? Why would they be when all Republicans do is preach about deporting their parents who just want to work and have a normal life?

Old 08-19-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Those illegals have large American families. One of my long time friends for instance. He was born to two parents that were illegals. He is one out of four kids. Do you think any of those kids are registered Republicans? Why would they be when all Republicans do is preach about deporting their parents who just want to work and have a normal life?
Those illegal aliens have family from where they came from also. Just because they may have children here doesn't garner them the ability to remain here.

What does being a Republican have to do with anything? I'll bet none of them are Republicans simply because they dont understand the actual politics of CIR.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
CIR? I don't even know what that stands for and I didn't mention it in my post.

And I brought up disposition because when you really look at the cultural views and aspirations of Mexicans you will probably find that they don't vary all too much when compared to your typical American. They also integrate well over the generations. Why exactly would we tell them this can't be their home when it is the only home they have known for a big chunk if not most of their lives?

Edit: Got it. CIR = Comprehensive Immigration Reform.
I think you are confusing the adults with the children. I also think that some, not a majority of illegals, would remain here permanently vs (the majority) simply wanting work authorization here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration