Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 06:39 PM

394 posts, read 1,007,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Great news, mkfarnam . . . MAYBE SHE'LL STARVE TO DEATH!
LMAO!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 11:49 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
no sympathy here.

She has blatantly snubbed her nose at Law Enforcement and Courts in a number of states across the country.

If she had only spent as much time and energy "fixing" her own country . . .
I'm missing something here---isn't this pretty much what our President has done?....except for the "she", instead of the "he", it seems pretty close, to me. Am I not getting it?......Hope someone can explain....

Old 11-18-2007, 01:03 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I'm missing something here---isn't this pretty much what our President has done?....except for the "she", instead of the "he", it seems pretty close, to me. Am I not getting it?......Hope someone can explain....
Which President, macmeal . . . Bill Clinton or George Dubya? ! ! ! !

Old 11-18-2007, 02:54 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Which President, macmeal . . . Bill Clinton or George Dubya? ! ! ! !
OK, I asked for that--I was referring specifically to the latter. HOWEVER, your post does bring up a good point---and that is that ALL Presidents have undoubtedly "bent" many laws. It's a great irony (and I DO love irony) that I can't think of a single great military leader who didn't, in one way or another, disobey orders in order to accomplish some goal---in other words, the BEST military men are those willing to occasionally act "unmilitary". I suppose presidents are much the same. Bush is probably no "crookeder" than many predecessors--he just has a monumental inability to act "smooth"...He not only has his hand in the cookie jar, he has crumbs all over his mouth.

Old 11-18-2007, 03:05 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
For the "Border Patrol" the proper term is "Catch and Release".

Old 11-20-2007, 09:03 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,091 times
This is the kind of person that makes anti-illegals like myself really happy, because she's ticking off more and more Americans with her demands that the Mexican government interfere with OUR immigration laws.

We do NOT like it! These people, like with their marches, just **** off the citizens of America more and more. You'd think they'd realize by now it's not the way to earn our love and respect.

I, personally, do not like people who bite the hand that feeds them.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:20 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
'Elvira Arellano starts hunger strike in Mexico.
Her purpose is to pressure the Mexican goverment into action.'

Ridiculous - just what does she think the Mexican government should do? What action does she think they should take against a sovereign nation (the US) for kicking her butt out of our country for the umpteenth time? Do illegals just not get the concept that they DON'T BELONG HERE?

Does she think Mexico is going to command the US to treat the people who broke the law and hopped the border to get here, differently? She has a lot of nerve to even show her face after it has been proven that she stole someone's ID to take a ride on the US Gravy Train. The premise of her hunger strike is ridiculous. Lindsay Lohan is far more respectable than this woman - sure she's a media magnet, but at least she earns her keep and doesn't break into another country illegally to do so.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:17 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Ridiculous - just what does she think the Mexican government should do? What action does she think they should take against a sovereign nation (the US) for kicking her butt out of our country for the umpteenth time? Do illegals just not get the concept that they DON'T BELONG HERE?
Thank you, Dont.

I have a feeling "pitiful" Elvira is being used and exploited by those Anti-American Goons in Chicago who are hiding behind a church while claiming to be peace loving.
! ! ! !

Old 11-20-2007, 10:18 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Does she think Mexico is going to command the US to treat the people who broke the law and hopped the border to get here, differently? She has a lot of nerve to even show her face after it has been proven that she stole someone's ID to take a ride on the US Gravy Train. The premise of her hunger strike is ridiculous. Lindsay Lohan is far more respectable than this woman - sure she's a media magnet, but at least she earns her keep and doesn't break into another country illegally to do so.
Yes, you are right. Perhaps I painted an unfair portrait of Lindsay Lohan when I compared her to Elvira. Lindsay DOES pay her own way and probably provides lots of other people with a paycheck, too. And she does obey the laws, except for the drunk driving one.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:36 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
I personally support Elviras hunger strike.....and I hope she's VERY successful with it.......

Starvation is a great equalizer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration