Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:15 AM

902 posts, read 718,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Why isn't your energy directed towards those elites?

The average citizen, no matter if you place him in one category or another, isn't going to change what drives the exploitation of cheap labor.

It's those in power who foster the conditions which create the large influx of cheap labor.

But, as far as I can tell, most of the people who rant the loudest, when it comes time to vote for their representatives in government, ....they re-elect the same folks who are driving the issue in the first place.

Seems a bit strange that so-called 'conservatives' vote to perpetuate the same thing that seems to make them so angry.

Why do you call me a conservative? I am a Patriot, something you would not understand.

I do fight the elites. I buy American when I can, and I go out of my way to do just that. Hell, our jeans that we wear in our house were all made in the USA. Can you say the same? I doubt it.

Next time you decided to personally attack me then be prepared to get it back because you have to stop hiding behind certain moderators here that protect you. I do plenty else but I am not stuck in a school learning nothing but propaganda material and knowing nothing about the real world.

That whole post you made is nothing but a direct personal attck toward me and will not be tolerated since I am not allowed to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 03:05 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,047,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Why do you call me a conservative? I am a Patriot, something you would not understand.

I do fight the elites. I buy American when I can, and I go out of my way to do just that. Hell, our jeans that we wear in our house were all made in the USA. Can you say the same? I doubt it.

Next time you decided to personally attack me then be prepared to get it back because you have to stop hiding behind certain moderators here that protect you. I do plenty else but I am not stuck in a school learning nothing but propaganda material and knowing nothing about the real world.

That whole post you made is nothing but a direct personal attck toward me and will not be tolerated since I am not allowed to do the same.
I didn't call you a conservative, nor did I express any opinion about whether you were a patriot, or not.

Can I say the the jeans I wear in my house were all made in China?

Why would I say that? I avoid products made in China. I've had a number of conversations on this forum about that very subject.

But to answer your question, no, all the jeans in my house aren't made in China.

I've never been one to hide, and it's unimportant to me if you're not in school, ..I'm not in school either, ....though one can learn quite a bit in a school, ....if there were a university close by I might drop in from time to time.

None of that post was a direct personal attack on you, Ozark Baby, like I said before, (and is plain to see), my post was directed at the collective people as a whole, the people as a whole who tend to ignore the big picture and narrowly focus their attention on lesser causes of what seems to make them angry, and then they tend to vote for the very same people who are responsible for formulating the policies that result in making them so angry.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:11 PM

You are now on ignore because you not lie but you post personal attacks and then deny it when everyone can see otherwise.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:12 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Quote:
You are now on ignore because you not lie but you post personal attacks and then deny it when everyone can see otherwise.
Calling me a racist and a bigot in past threads is not a personal attack? Give me a break.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:14 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Calling me a racist and a bigot in past threads is not a personal attack? Give me a break.
I doubt that Ozark-Baby was referring to you; she was referring to a Troll.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I doubt that Ozark-Baby was referring to you; she was referring to a Troll.

Hmm.. is that the reason I was approached by a Moderator saying to disregard her personal attacks? yea right

Old 12-18-2007, 04:15 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
You too? I put User 2 on Ignore a while back as well.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:16 PM

Yeah, they are both on my ignore list now. I will not tolerate personal attacks.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:19 PM

Here thee, here thee. Why must we block people we disagree with? Sounds like the FBI censuring and dismantling the Black Panthers.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:22 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Here thee, here thee. Why must we block people we disagree with? Sounds like the FBI censuring and dismantling the Black Panthers.
PL - I'm about to agree with the others - if you cannot respond in a polite and civil manner, I'm going to put you on ignore also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration