Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do in the short term about the illegal immigrant children sitting in detention?
If they have American Families, let them stay 11 6.40%
Deport them immediately to Mexico (Where they crossed) 49 28.49%
Deport them immediately to their home country 103 59.88%
If they don't have American family put them in foster care in the USA 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 06:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
It is awful for the American tax payer and the US economy. I am with the economist from the WSJ. Legalize the illegals and we start a new boom...or a boomlet at least.

Maintenance of the existing structure with sub-citizens holding down salaries and paying less than full taxes is terrible.

The border is not leaking. It is being used as a deliberate entry point into US custody. That is why it is going on in Texas...the other border segments are not suitable for that sort of border crossing.
Or return the illegals to their own countries and they could start an economic boomlet there -- that's where it's really needed -- remember these people are from very third world regions that really need that economic boom a whole lot more than we need it.

These children aren't going to create any economic boomlet -- they will need almost $200 worth of food stamps every month, many of them already need thousands of dollars in health care -- all at taxpayer expense. They will need at least $20,000 each in education -- many of those 15 and 16 year olds coming have never seen the inside of a school. Again -- all at taxpayer expense or a few more trillion added to the national debt.

How are people who only created poverty in their own country going to do anything more for us?

Old 07-05-2014, 06:30 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Or return the illegals to their own countries and they could start an economic boomlet there -- that's where it's really needed -- remember these people are from very third world regions that really need that economic boom a whole lot more than we need it.

These children aren't going to create any economic boomlet -- they will need almost $200 worth of food stamps every month, many of them already need thousands of dollars in health care -- all at taxpayer expense. They will need at least $20,000 each in education -- many of those 15 and 16 year olds coming have never seen the inside of a school. Again -- all at taxpayer expense or a few more trillion added to the national debt.

How are people who only created poverty in their own country going to do anything more for us?
Returning the illegals is not an option. Takes too long, costs too much and may well not work. And there is far too much support for legalization for it to happen. The choice is really now or later.

I agree the children are not important. More an issue for the right to get hysterical about. But few in number and of low significance even if many do mange to stay.

Actually they are the brave, the entrepreneur, the possessors of the American spirit. Your argument should be that we are removing the great ones from the foreign lands. I would however counter that is good as we need a good dose of free enterprise and bravery.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:36 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:

Actually they are the brave, the entrepreneur, the possessors of the American spirit. Your argument should be that we are removing the great ones from the foreign lands. I would however counter that is good as we need a good dose of free enterprise and bravery.
You've got to be joking. They are the parasites, the invaders, the diseased, the illegals.

Your post would be funny if it wasn't so pathetically sad.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Yes, if they were of any use, certainly their own countries would want them back. Instead their own governments are actively trying to get rid of them. They're moochers -- they're irresponsible -- they start having children when they're very young they keep having children they can never afford -- how is that our problem? Birth control has been around for a very long time.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
You've got to be joking. They are the parasites, the invaders, the diseased, the illegals.

The good ones are the ones who actually follow our immigration laws, are educated and bring something to the table other than a request for special treatment. The good immigrants that will add to our nation are the ones that have an education above the 6th grade level and who are willing to adapt. We don't need criminals as we produce more than enough on our own. We don't need people who are unskilled, we produce them too. The only good thing about an illegal is that we do have the ability to get rid of them. I just wish we could get rid of the enablers as well.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:53 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The good ones are the ones who actually follow our immigration laws, are educated and bring something to the table other than a request for special treatment. The good immigrants that will add to our nation are the ones that have an education above the 6th grade level and who are willing to adapt. We don't need criminals as we produce more than enough on our own. We don't need people who are unskilled, we produce them too. The only good thing about an illegal is that we do have the ability to get rid of them. I just wish we could get rid of the enablers as well.
There is no possible way most of these people have any possibility of legally immigrating to the USofA. We simply do not allow the underclass from the Americas entry. They have no access to higher education. So it is either illegally or not at all.

That is not an endorsement of allowing them in. Just recognition that, for the vast majority, there is no other way available. We correctly decline to have them as immigrants. Perhaps a small number as temporary workers. But basically we do not need to import the lower end of Mexico.

I have known a few dozen over the years and consider many of them as good as it gets. They work hard and strive for success. They have no interest in welfare...they want jobs...and they will work and work and work given the opportunities. Our gardener just left with his son. He is legal now...but that is not how he started. He is employed full time as a foreman on commercial level landscaping jobs and runs a business of his own with his sons off hours. I would expect he will eventually go off on his own and do very well. I consider him one of the finest workman I have ever dealt with. And I think him typical.

So we screwed up and let an illegal colony get established and thrive. Now we are called upon to make it right. So lets get it over with and not go through all this nonsense for another 20 years.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:54 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
I meant the illegals. I agree with you. My wife is an immigrant and we did things the right, legal way.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
There is no possible way most of these people have any possibility of legally immigrating to the USofA. We simply do not allow the underclass from the Americas entry. They have no access to higher education. So it is either illegally or not at all.

That is not an endorsement of allowing them in. Just recognition that, for the vast majority, there is no other way available. We correctly decline to have them as immigrants. Perhaps a small number as temporary workers. But basically we do not need to import the lower end of Mexico.

I have known a few dozen over the years and consider many of them as good as it gets. They work hard and strive for success. They have no interest in welfare...they want jobs...and they will work and work and work given the opportunities. Our gardener just left with his son. He is legal now...but that is not how he started. He is employed full time as a foreman on commercial level landscaping jobs and runs a business of his own with his sons off hours. I would expect he will eventually go off on his own and do very well. I consider him one of the finest workman I have ever dealt with. And I think him typical.

So we screwed up and let an illegal colony get established and thrive. Now we are called upon to make it right. So lets get it over with and not go through all this nonsense for another 20 years.
Uh; that ain't our problem there, IVOC. Letting in people who want to come to the US: the US will decide who to let in or not let in. At least that's the way it should be.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:34 AM

671 posts, read 690,672 times
Thumbs up get the word out about the repercussions caused by these illegal aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Well, that's heartening to hear this from Cuellar! Currently, his grade is "F" when it comes to immigration issues. Maybe now he'll get a passing grade:

www.betterimmigration.com

Everybody should check out their rep and senators on the betterimmigration site.
Great post and resource! Everyone should check this out - start a letter-writing campaign to their rep and senators!

Quote:

You make no sense at all. Were you drunk when you posted this?
-Isn't that typical???

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Just as other developed nations do, we need to send them back. Not sure what any American has to gain by legalizing these people. Statistically this same group has the highest teenage pregnancy rate, highest high school drop out rate and they are among one of the top immigrant groups who send money back to Mexico

Since when did the US become a welfare nation who is obligated to help out foreigners above their own? I didn't see amnesty or open arms for Egyptians or Syrians and they needed more assistance.
-That's what I've been saying. Why are we singling out the Mexicans for help and assistance, but not the women and children caught in the war and terrorism in the M.E.? Are we prejudiced???

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I'm a tad but confused when it somehow became our responsibility to take care of people from other countries?

I'm also a tad bit confused as to why liberals take issue with enforcing laws. Why are Americans not allowed to do so?

These folks come to America illegally, uneducated and without skills. How is moving into a foreign country without assimilating pursuing a better life?
-Amen and great post!

Quote:
All good points.
Enforcing our laws shouldn't be an issue, it only is when you are trying to pander.
It isn't our responsibility to feed, house or save the world. Our FED needs to focus within and mend our own fences.
We shouldn't be allowing uneducated, illiterate non-english speakers into the country for immigration. We produce enough of a burden on our own without adding to it. We produce plenty of criminals on our own as well. We have absolutely no need to import more and every illegal is in fact a criminal to some degree. Some more so than others.
-Another cogent, well-thought out reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
You need to read the law. From your response, I see you haven't. You mean you are learning for the first time today that border patrol are having to stand aside to let criminals pass? Of course they have methods to deal with gang bangers. You are learning for the first time today that the laws and methods to deal with these people are not being followed? You really need to get out and see what is happening to the border towns, or maybe at least even read what is happening to the border towns, ranchers.

Do you know how many facilities are being set up in Texas for illegals? I bet you don't. Do you know the cost to the residents? I bet you don't. Do you know what is happening to the ranchers whose lands are being crossed, etc? I bet you don't. I think if people really opened their eyes instead of being blinded by their politics, they would see the truth of what is happening. If everything is just going swimmingly, why are photos being denied. Why are gag orders being placed with threats of arrest and imprisonment if anyone speaks about the conditions. I really wish everyone, Democrat, Republican, whatever, would see what is happening because in the end, it's not going to matter whether you lean right or left.
- Great reply. Look for elan's post in a nearby thread. He's posted articles from San Antonio on ranchers being threatened by coyotes and drug-runners. My friend owns a border ranch, and she, along with her family, have Glocks on their hips. They won't hesitate to shoot now. I don't blame them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
There is no such thing as a DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) . DACA was an Executive Order signed by Obama in 2012 after Congress refused to pass The Dream Act. Obama moved unilaterally without Congressional Authority.

There was NO Immigration Law in 1992.

1. There were Immigration Laws passed in 1986, 1990 & 1996.
2. Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008: Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
Provisions - Passed by Congress in December 2008, signed by President Bush on 12/23/08. This law was supposed to address Human Trafficking and Slavery of children. Under this Law - a "child" is defined as under the age of 21.

I find it amazing that anyone is buying the fairy tale that these 'children' that can't speak English and live in poverty well over 1,200 miles away ...... traveled by themselves through several countries to land in front of the US Border Patrol to turn themselves in - AND that they did this by finding and exploiting a "Loop-Hole" in USA Immigration Law.

The total Gullibility is astounding.
-Yes, it IS astounding! People post idiotic statements on CD without doing their research. Thanks for your info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Just make it really nasty for illegal aliens in the US; word will get out they ain't wanted and few will try to come here.

E verify, end birthright, deport for ANY reason and so on.
- Another good idea to add to our armamentarium of approaches to handle this infestation!

Quote:
We don't need to increase the size of ICE at all. Look how quickly the Homeland Security people are working in bringing hundreds of thousands of illegals to many cities and towns in the USA -- planeloads of 300 at a time - bus after bus after bus loads of them.

Imagine if they were actually doing the job correctly and using those planes to fly 300 of them back home at a time? How is it that Obama can get thousands of them into Dallas in one day but can't get thousands of them back home in one day?
-Also, go to the US Census Bureau site. They pretty well know who's illegal and who's not. We can round up the illegals, put them on busses, and send them back right now, if the gov't would move its arse. And, as I said before, look at the Home Depot parking lots, free clinics, and so on. Go to the illegals' "gathering places". Round them up, and send them packing, too.

Quote:

-Great post, Malamute. Exactly what was said in the well-researched articles I posted.

Quote:

-Refer back to my post on the diseases being brought in by these illegal kids. Those weren't my words, they were direct quotes from the article!!! The docs and health workers are slowly getting the word out.

-Was watching the news last night...they showed the pro-immigration protesters, while not showing any counter-balance from the anti-immigration folk, nor presented any cogent statistics pro or con with the result of the illegals. That's "news"??? Any uninformed idiot watching news like that would infer most Americans support this influx of illegal kids. Somehow, we have to be more vocal to get the news out about the detriment to the US and the negative repercussions...start with writing to your reps and senators. Newspapers. Join local protest groups. Get the word out!

Old 07-06-2014, 08:38 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Great post and resource! Everyone should check this out - start a letter-writing campaign to their rep and senators!

-Isn't that typical???

-That's what I've been saying. Why are we singling out the Mexicans for help and assistance, but not the women and children caught in the war and terrorism in the M.E.? Are we prejudiced???

-Amen and great post!

-Another cogent, well-thought out reply

- Great reply. Look for elan's post in a nearby thread. He's posted articles from San Antonio on ranchers being threatened by coyotes and drug-runners. My friend owns a border ranch, and she, along with her family, have Glocks on their hips. They won't hesitate to shoot now. I don't blame them!

-Yes, it IS astounding! People post idiotic statements on CD without doing their research. Thanks for your info!

- Another good idea to add to our armamentarium of approaches to handle this infestation!

-Also, go to the US Census Bureau site. They pretty well know who's illegal and who's not. We can round up the illegals, put them on busses, and send them back right now, if the gov't would move its arse. And, as I said before, look at the Home Depot parking lots, free clinics, and so on. Go to the illegals' "gathering places". Round them up, and send them packing, too.

-Great post, Malamute. Exactly what was said in the well-researched articles I posted.

-Refer back to my post on the diseases being brought in by these illegal kids. Those weren't my words, they were direct quotes from the article!!! The docs and health workers are slowly getting the word out.

-Was watching the news last night...they showed the pro-immigration protesters, while not showing any counter-balance from the anti-immigration folk, nor presented any cogent statistics pro or con with the result of the illegals. That's "news"??? Any uninformed idiot watching news like that would infer most Americans support this influx of illegal kids. Somehow, we have to be more vocal to get the news out about the detriment to the US and the negative repercussions...start with writing to your reps and senators. Newspapers. Join local protest groups. Get the word out!
Agreed. Only one correction though. These weren't anti or pro-immigration groups. They were anti and pro-illegal immigration groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration