Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 01:56 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,966,044 times

Advertisements

If it is all Obama's fualt, just like everything is these days, why didn't Bush Jr. do anything about the border? Why didn't Bush Sr.? Hell, why didn't Reagan? While RWNJs ***** and moan about the border being wide open, I seem to recall MANY chances the GOP had to stem the flow, but none were taken. Why? What makes anybody here think the GOP isn't going to continue to sit on their asses and let the border stay open? Oh, but it'll be different this time! Yeah right, and unicorns are real .

Oh, and, don't tell me what YOU want to do, tell me what the GOP wants to do. I don't care what any of you want, because they are, definitely and surely, going to be a hell of a lot more than what the GOP is brave enough to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 02:01 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,589,840 times
Nope it has been this way for ever it is just republicans want something done to fix the problem without doing any thing to really fix it. There are civil wars going on in central America right now and people come to the US from these countries because they will give them asylum here which they will not

Old 07-02-2014, 02:07 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,798,116 times
I agree. I am old enough to remember the Reagan amnesty and all the nonsense that resulted because the promise was to plug the border holes and neither the dems of the republicans did anything whatsoever. Nor HW Bush, not Clinton, nor W nor Obama.

This isnt a dem-repub issue. This is an ongoing failure of our federal government to do whatever it takes to make our borders secure. I wonder why...

Oh the children ..... oh shut up.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:13 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,536,389 times
Illegals were instrumental in busting the unions. Rightwingers should love them. Illegals grow the bottom line of business. Rightwingers should love them. What's wrong with you rightwingers, anyway.

On the flipside, liberals should hate them for hurting working Americans.

Illegal immigration. Bizzaro world extrordinaire.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:38 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,739,577 times
Reagan gave amnesty to illegals.

Plenty of Republicans do love illegals. Talk to GOP in any agricultural state and they're not pushing for reform.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:35 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,180,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Reagan gave amnesty to illegals.

Plenty of Republicans do love illegals. Talk to GOP in any agricultural state and they're not pushing for reform.
What we have is special interest that controls our Country. Many of us try to label it as Democrat or Republican, liberal or conservative. Terms are the smoke and mirrors of our politicians - we have no one working for us (we cannot afford to keep politicians in our pocket).

One good start would be to throw all of the lobbies out of DC. Or, at least, throw out lobbies that do not represent American interest.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:10 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If it is all Obama's fualt, just like everything is these days, why didn't Bush Jr. do anything about the border? Why didn't Bush Sr.? Hell, why didn't Reagan? While RWNJs ***** and moan about the border being wide open, I seem to recall MANY chances the GOP had to stem the flow, but none were taken. Why? What makes anybody here think the GOP isn't going to continue to sit on their asses and let the border stay open? Oh, but it'll be different this time! Yeah right, and unicorns are real .

Oh, and, don't tell me what YOU want to do, tell me what the GOP wants to do. I don't care what any of you want, because they are, definitely and surely, going to be a hell of a lot more than what the GOP is brave enough to do.
The Senate passed an immigration reform over a year ago, and it had votes from both sides. This resolution would bring major upgrades to border security and deportations measures, but the House refuses to vote on it, and they said they will not vote this year either. The GOP is gambling that having an immigration problem buys them more votes than resolving the problem.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:27 AM

70 posts, read 68,192 times
The country was founded by "illegals", people moving in from far away. Over generations fear was grown so now your Gov has yet one more reason to grow in size, power and fascism.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:50 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,180,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAdragon View Post
The country was founded by "illegals", people moving in from far away. Over generations fear was grown so now your Gov has yet one more reason to grow in size, power and fascism.
Why fight wars, half way around the globe, if we are not going to protect our borders or screen out undesirables? We are not the only country to do that - many have stricter policies than we do. You cannot say that we are a Nation of law and then turn our backs on the same laws for one group, organization or illegal immigrant. The process of screening out undesirables is not new - we try to protect US citizens from disease, terrorism and economic hardship.

Right now our leaders, from both parties, have turned their backs on our poor and destitute. We don't even mention our American homeless -but we worry about those that broke our laws to enter our Country. We have even guaranteed medical care, education, housing - while turning our back on our service men and women. We send politicians to the border to welcome those breaking our laws and the US taxpayers cannot even get these same politicians to answer any of our questions. If our politicians truly want this invasion; they should house the illegals first - let them move into the WH, Senate and House of Representatives. Let them share in the disease and crime brought to us by people that we do not want to screen!

Old 07-02-2014, 05:09 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,073,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

It's been 6 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration