Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 01:55 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Wasn't my point and you know it. Again, MORE REPUBLICANS voted for it than Democrats. That was what I said and that is true.
By the way, the total numbers ended up like this.

House
138 Republicans voted for the bill
152 Democrats voted for the bill

Senate
46 Democrats voted for the bill
27 Republicans voted for the bill

Overall, 165 Republicans voted for the bill vs 198 Democrats voting for the bill. More Democrats.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:30 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,052 times
And by the way, the biggest gap between Blacks and Whites was during the early Reagan years. I've even given you graphs to show you that.[/quote]

The biggest gap between Blacks and Whites is culture.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
By the way, the total numbers ended up like this.

House
138 Republicans voted for the bill
152 Democrats voted for the bill

Senate
46 Democrats voted for the bill
27 Republicans voted for the bill

Overall, 165 Republicans voted for the bill vs 198 Democrats voting for the bill. More Democrats.
You have your sources, I have mine:

Sharpton Doesn't Know Higher Percentage of Republicans Than Democrats Voted for Civil Rights Act | NewsBusters

Old 07-20-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
You said MORE REPUBLICANS. You did not specify percentages. Either way, more Democrats voted for it than Republicans, and certainly NO Republicans from the South voted for it.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:08 PM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
And what have Republicans done for Blacks?
Abolished slavery and passed the Civil Rights Act.

Quote:
And by the way, the biggest gap between Blacks and Whites was during the early Reagan years. I've even given you graphs to show you that.
False:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...alth-urban.png

Why in the world do you keep clinging to a LOSING strategy? Blacks have no one but themselves to blame. They keep voting for their oppressors.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:56 PM

Let's just face it. Obama and the Democrats have thrown the blacks under the bus. They already know they have secured the Black vote forever and that there is no more need for them to pander to the Blacks. Obama and the Democrats have now turned their attention to the Hispanics. The days of the Blacks are behind us. The Blacks might as well get used to it.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
You said MORE REPUBLICANS. You did not specify percentages. Either way, more Democrats voted for it than Republicans, and certainly NO Republicans from the South voted for it.
I ask you again, what is it you now want? What has the government done for the working white man? Why should the government pander to Blacks? The Democrats have already bought your votes. You're old news.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:03 PM

11,259 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Let's just face it. Obama and the Democrats have thrown the blacks under the bus. They already know they have secured the Black vote forever and that there is no more need for them to pander to the Blacks. Obama and the Democrats have now turned their attention to the Hispanics. The days of the Blacks are behind us. The Blacks might as well get used to it.
I've said this in other posts. Why would democrats do anything for blacks anymore? They know the black vote is a sure thing (at least at a 90% rate). They have them in their pocket... Done deal. The only way blacks would change party affiliation is if the democrats found a way to reinstate slavery. Then again, they don't need to. They already have in a sense. Just look at any failed democratic stronghold. Detroit and Chicago come to mind first.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I've said this in other posts. Why would democrats do anything for blacks anymore? They know the black vote is a sure thing (at least at a 90% rate). They have them in their pocket... Done deal. The only way blacks would change party affiliation is if the democrats found a way to reinstate slavery. Then again, they don't need to. They already have in a sense. Just look at any failed democratic stronghold. Detroit and Chicago come to mind first.
Points well taken. You earned a rep for that.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I ask you again, what is it you now want? What has the government done for the working white man? Why should the government pander to Blacks? The Democrats have already bought your votes. You're old news.
Why? Republicans have pandered to Hispanics in the form of amnesty.

If we are "old news", then consider this. Blacks vote more than any other minority group in this nation. A higher percentage of Blacks vote than the percentage of Whites.

What do I want? I want Republican politicians to stop the incendiary comments regarding Blacks. I want people to stop complaining about who Blacks vote for. It's no one's business who Blacks vote for. Blacks aren't interested in who anyone else is voting for. I want to make sure my rights are protected.
I did vote for Bush in 2004. I pretty much turned against him after seeing how the Katrina situation was handled. I felt like I wouldn't be safe. I don't believe that voting Republican would guarantee a job for me because job discrimination based on race still exists. I don't believe Republicans really understand that.

How Republicans Can Win Black Votes | National Review Online

Want black votes, GOP? Listen to black voters - CNN.com

Why Republicans have a lot to gain from reaching out to African Americans - The Washington Post

A better question is this. Why shouldn't Republicans reach out to Black voters? They have reached out to White working class voters, and to Hispanics voters. Why not us Blacks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration