Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 08:02 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tioga7 View Post
Fellow readers in opposition to illegal activity against the United States:
please request that this person be removed from the Forum, if you are as offended as an American as I am by his/her hateful, anti-American rants.
Just because you don't agree with him doesn't warrant their removal. This forum doesn't ban people they don't agree with like alipac does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 08:05 PM

67 posts, read 50,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
When are you going to get it through your thick skull that being here illegally is not a criminal offense? Working illegally doesn't make one a felon either. Why does the IRS give them numbers to pay taxes with? Your whole argument is based on lies and stereotypes.
Are you joking? Get your facts straight so that you don't appear to be as ill-informed as you appear to be!

Allow me to enlighten you:

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:
  • Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
  • Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
  • Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;
has committed a federal crime.

What the hell do you think a "federal crime" is, Sherlock?

BTW knowingly harboring an illegal alien is a felony also.

Section 274, felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):

A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:
* assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or
* encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or
* knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:05 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,758 times
Since Tioga Pass is a rather grand pass over the Sierra Nevada, I was pleased to see the moniker, I figured we had a good wild western free thinker appear. Oh Well.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:06 PM

38 posts, read 59,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Just because you don't agree with him doesn't warrant their removal. This forum doesn't ban people they don't agree with like alipac does.
Are you also openly condoning illegal activity against the United States?

Old 12-28-2007, 08:11 PM

It is not illegal to condone illegal activity. In other words if I suggest to you that you drive your auto while drunk and smoking a Duby, I have committed no crime.

I submit that most if not all on this board have committed illegal activity against the United States in toto or severed.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
I have been following this person's postings on another thread as well, and I am requesting that he/she have his Forum privileges revoked for his /her insulting rants, and for openly condoning illegal activity against the United States on this public forum.
It can get annoying when people who have no clue what they are talking about get into the argument. I share your frustration but that is what the Internet is all about and I for one welcome absolutely no censorship whatsoever. None.

So while burrito-breath may have nothing to say, on this issue anyway, my belief is that he should be allowed to say it, anyway he wants to.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:18 PM

38 posts, read 59,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Since Tioga Pass is a rather grand pass over the Sierra Nevada, I was pleased to see the moniker, I figured we had a good wild western free thinker appear. Oh Well.
If you're disappointed, and if your definition of free-thinker fits the open-border, shamnesty pattern, I'm glad to disappoint.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
It is not illegal to condone illegal activity. In other words if I suggest to you that you drive your auto while drunk and smoking a Duby, I have committed no crime.

I submit that most if not all on this board have committed illegal activity against the United States in toto or severed.
You can submit all you want, but if you "aid and abet" a person to commit a crime you are an accessory to that crime.
If you harbor an illegal alien you have commited a felony. If you (knowingly) hire an illegal alien you have commited a felony.
These felonies have a price tag of up to 10 years in the hoosegow pal, so with the new law coming into play next Wednesday I expect a lot of illegals soon to be departing from Arizona, and GOOD RIDDANCE I say, just as long they don't come anywhere near where I live!

Old 12-28-2007, 08:24 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Fellow readers in opposition to illegal activity against the United States:
please request that this person be removed from the Forum, if you are as offended as an American as I am by his/her hateful, anti-American rants.
Well, we're trying to have a discussion here---and we are. If you want to get upset by people "condoning illegal activity", what would you do with Stephen King? I shudder to think of some of the stuff HE condones---(but this is a FAMILY forum)...

Old 12-28-2007, 08:26 PM

Excuse me a moment while I walk over to the wall and bang my head a few times.

Ah, good I feel better. Funny, when I use the word condone, I do not mean aid and abet, or wash, or run, or drive, or sleep. Amazingly enough I mean, condone.

That is the cool thing about English, words have distinct and disparate meanings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration