Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:27 AM

186 posts, read 335,469 times

Advertisements

It won't be passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 11:31 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,642,016 times
Texas may be slowed down, unless Perry goes. I think he is still in bed with the Bush Boy, or rather, El Jorge...

Old 12-30-2007, 11:33 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Texas may be slowed down, unless Perry goes. I think he is still in bed with the Bush Boy, or rather, El Jorge...
We need someone with balls in charge of Texas; both parties seem to be on the illegal immigrant bandwagon, it's sick.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:36 AM

38 posts, read 59,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Oklahoma may think that these news laws are going to work in it favour but we will see. First of all I seriously doubt they will ever even be enforced but let's pretend that they are and the Mexicans flee the state in droves. First of all, the Mexican population in the adjacent states will go through the roof. Next, the farmers will be the first to complain about the fact that they cannot find any harvest help and that the crops will rot in the fields prompting a doubling or more the price of things grown in Oklahoma. Secondly the people in the cities will be paying double when they go to McDonalds or Burger King and may even find the drive thru closed because the industry cannot find enough help and the help it does find is being paid $12 or more an hour so they can keep employees. Housing cost will go sky high because there are no Mexican labourers to build them anymore and- should you need a new roof or siding- it is now going to cost you triple what it did last year because the roofers have had to double pay scales to attract Americans and the Americans often do not show up for work or show up drunk, take smoke breaks all day and complain about the heat. And they are 30% less productive than the Mexicans the company used to employ. And you might get a phone call one day and be told to come and pick up granny from the local nursing home because they are closing because they cannot hire any Americans that want to go in there and feet granny and clean up her bed when she craps. So if you all think this is a good thing, we will see. IF this law is enforced with vigor, I predict it will be repealed in a year!
I'm thinking of moving to OK. We don't miss mexicans when they leave, No patriot needs them. No patriot wants them. mexico go home.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:36 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
KevK -- on the Detroit boards they're saying you're a anti-black racist because of some of your comments about the residents of Detroit. Why are you so pro-illegal-Mexican?
I am not anti black. I just said Detroit is a lost case as a city and that it is the worst place I have ever seen, that is is more damgerous to walk through than Bagdhad and that it has no hope for the future. Some majority black cities are actually decent (Atlanta) and others are not.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:04 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,771,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
KevK, what is it that they grow in Ok. that will rot in the fields?
Alot of wheat and I don't think it will rot in the fields...

Old 12-30-2007, 01:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
We need someone with balls in charge of Texas; both parties seem to be on the illegal immigrant bandwagon, it's sick.
Need some balls? Here in Arizona we sell 'em. Product of Bullhead City

Old 12-30-2007, 01:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
I am not anti black. I just said Detroit is a lost case as a city and that it is the worst place I have ever seen, that is is more damgerous to walk through than Bagdhad and that it has no hope for the future. Some majority black cities are actually decent (Atlanta) and others are not.
If Detroit is the worst place -- then maybe you haven't been to many cities in Mexico. Try Ciudad Juarez some time -- that place makes Detroit look like a nice calm liveable city. And Los Angeles is getting every bit as bad as Detroit - only it's not the blacks making it bad.

And anyhow -- we should be helping Americans first -- from all parts of the country and cities. Mexico is just dumping it's social problems on us as a way for it to not have to put reforms into place -- we cannot handle the social problems of our own plus all of Mexico's.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:28 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,447 times
Quote:
Oklahoma may think that these news laws are going to work in it favour but we will see. First of all I seriously doubt they will ever even be enforced but let's pretend that they are and the Mexicans flee the state in droves. First of all, the Mexican population in the adjacent states will go through the roof. Next, the farmers will be the first to complain about the fact that they cannot find any harvest help and that the crops will rot in the fields prompting a doubling or more the price of things grown in Oklahoma. Secondly the people in the cities will be paying double when they go to McDonalds or Burger King and may even find the drive thru closed because the industry cannot find enough help and the help it does find is being paid $12 or more an hour so they can keep employees. Housing cost will go sky high because there are no Mexican labourers to build them anymore and- should you need a new roof or siding- it is now going to cost you triple what it did last year because the roofers have had to double pay scales to attract Americans and the Americans often do not show up for work or show up drunk, take smoke breaks all day and complain about the heat. And they are 30% less productive than the Mexicans the company used to employ. And you might get a phone call one day and be told to come and pick up granny from the local nursing home because they are closing because they cannot hire any Americans that want to go in there and feet granny and clean up her bed when she craps. So if you all think this is a good thing, we will see. IF this law is enforced with vigor, I predict it will be repealed in a year!
Give me a break! According to your views, the whole world might cease to exist without the Mexican invaders and tax bleeders..

I live in California, or should I say, Northern Mexico? We are the minority here and this is why people are leaving the state. I can only hope that other states follow Oklahoma's lead and start enforcing their laws. They might be in the same shape we're in if they don't.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:46 PM

402 posts, read 1,061,391 times
Quote:
and the Americans often do not show up for work or show up drunk, take smoke breaks all day and complain about the heat. And they are 30% less productive than the Mexicans the company used to employ.
That's strange, My GrandSIL is US born Full blood Mexican whose Ancestors were here 300 years ago when Albuquerque was established. He works in the sheet metal Heat and air industry, he says the exact oppisite of the above quote. Working mostly installing on new construction he runs into many illegal workers who either do not show up for work for various reasons, take long lunches,come back drunk, or just don't come back at all until the next day, Making them 50% less productive than legal and natural citizens who do the same work. And they (the illegals) are able to hold on to that job.

But the legal and natural citizens will lose their jobs if they are not there on time, take long lunches etc, etc. But that rarely if ever happens because the legals and natural citizens know where they stand with the boss and are resposible workers who want desperatly to hold on to their jobs.

OTOH The illegals also know where they stand with the boss and know they can do as the please because if they do lose their jobs, they can always go on wellfare, live off the country they have invaded. Just so you know, some of these illegal workers are not just Mexicans, they all have the same outlook. America is the land of oppertunity. They have it made with or without a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration