Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 01:20 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It is not discrimination to limit the number of occupants per bedroom, whether related by blood, or not. Illegals are not generally occupying group homes. They are living in unsafe numbers per bedroom in multi-unit apartment dwellings, or transforming single-family homes into flop houses, which results in a decline in the value of the entire neighborhood.
You are impossible to even aqree with. i just said that you can have gross limits. You then propose a gross limit...and act like there is an argument.

You can't do families and unrelated adults type things as was done in the code cited...but you can do gross limits.

I would think that people per bedroom would fly...sounds reasonable to me. But if I were writing the law I would check with the government.

And yes in many places like Las Vegas you perfectly well can turn a house into a flop house. You can rent as many rooms as you like in a private home in which you live. And I don't believe there are any practical limits as to how dense it gets...see prior posts...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 01:50 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You are impossible to even aqree with. i just said that you can have gross limits. You then propose a gross limit...and act like there is an argument.

You can't do families and unrelated adults type things as was done in the code cited...but you can do gross limits.

I would think that people per bedroom would fly...sounds reasonable to me. But if I were writing the law I would check with the government.

And yes in many places like Las Vegas you perfectly well can turn a house into a flop house. You can rent as many rooms as you like in a private home in which you live. And I don't believe there are any practical limits as to how dense it gets...see prior posts...
I’m not sure why you continue to attempt to make this personal. I have remained civil, despite some of your derogatory comments. It isn’t necessary, and it adds nothing of substance to the debate.

You previously mentioned blood relatives, as if being related changes the occupancy limit requirements. THAT was the point I was trying to make. And, you don’t have to agree.

Would you enjoy having a flop house next door?

Old 02-14-2011, 02:20 PM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
If the City says 80 square feet, it's 80 square feet. If more people knew they could call in suspected violators I bet that they would. Too bad it varies from City to City. I like going the noise control complaint route myself for disastrous neighbors.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I’m not sure why you continue to attempt to make this personal. I have remained civil, despite some of your derogatory comments. It isn’t necessary, and it adds nothing of substance to the debate.

You previously mentioned blood relatives, as if being related changes the occupancy limit requirements. THAT was the point I was trying to make. And, you don’t have to agree.

Would you enjoy having a flop house next door?
Again your version of civil leaves a lot to be desired. What does what happens next door to me have to do with the discussion other than to continue your attempts to make all this personal?

What I said was that familial relationship cannot change the rules in the eyes of the federal housing people.

And it happens I do have a 10 bed assisted living facilty across the street. It is why I am even aware of this subject.

Pointing out to you what the law says is likely a waste.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If the City says 80 square feet, it's 80 square feet. If more people knew they could call in suspected violators I bet that they would. Too bad it varies from City to City. I like going the noise control complaint route myself for disastrous neighbors.
If the city says 80 SF than you can have 11 people in 900SF. That is a 1 or 2 BR apartment.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Again your version of civil leaves a lot to be desired. What does what happens next door to me have to do with the discussion other than to continue your attempts to make all this personal?

What I said was that familial relationship cannot change the rules in the eyes of the federal housing people.

And it happens I do have a 10 bed assisted living facilty across the street. It is why I am even aware of this subject.

Pointing out to you what the law says is likely a waste.
I think many would beg to differ on the civility of my posts.

You appear to condone illegal aliens living in flop houses, which is why I posed the question. There’s a HUGE difference between an assisted living facility and an illegal alien flop house.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This won't stop until a drunk driving illegal alien strikes a US congressman or the President or the governor of a state
Hate to agree with you on this ignorant situtaion, but your so correct, until a memeber of Congress, or the house, or our President, or a governor, gets hit and killed by one, nothing will ever change. Should never have gotten to this point of no return, should it!

Old 02-14-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This won't stop until a drunk driving illegal alien strikes a US congressman or the President or the governor of a state
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Hate to agree with you on this ignorant situtaion, but your so correct, until a memeber of Congress, or the house, or our President, or a governor, gets hit and killed by one, nothing will ever change. Should never have gotten to this point of no return, should it!
Sadly, I’m afraid that’s what it will take. Illegals have maimed and killed countless citizens by driving drunk. But, the lives of average citizens aren’t important to the "powers that be."

Old 02-14-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I think many would beg to differ on the civility of my posts.

You appear to condone illegal aliens living in flop houses, which is why I posed the question. There’s a HUGE difference between an assisted living facility and an illegal alien flop house.
Only your fellow antis...YOu all fail any civility test. But you don't care for it when you get it back .

I condoned nothing. YOu simply read badly. I told you what the law is. It is just another of your uncivil responses. You attempt to impute opinions to me I have not offered.

YOu have the standard anti problem. You have no real arguments so you make up strawmen to refute.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Only your fellow antis...YOu all fail any civility test. But you don't care for it when you get it back .

I condoned nothing. YOu simply read badly. I told you what the law is. It is just another of your uncivil responses. You attempt to impute opinions to me I have not offered.

YOu have the standard anti problem. You have no real arguments so you make up strawmen to refute.
Illegal immigration tends to be an emotional issue, but I try very hard to remain civil. However, if my civility does not meet your standards, perhaps it is best you ignore me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration