Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 05:17 AM

7 posts, read 13,048 times

Advertisements

Ok just posting my story here hoping to know what do you guys think about it.

I am a student and a programmer who is in good programmer category not exceptional. I have a dream of living in America. It is best country for computer nerds. I really don't want to move anywhere in world other than US. But the problem is there is no way I can get immigration through H1B visa. It is nearly impossible for me and there are no options available to me other marrying a american citizen.

So the only thing I can do is: Move there on a tourist visa or an internship, live illegally there, fall in love with an American citizen and then marry her. I don't want to break any law except living there illegally. I want to pay taxes properly and do everything that a good citizen should do.

The only thing that worries is finding my true love and getting married. I am strictly against sham marriage and have no intention of marrying if I don't love the person, but still I feel people will think I am using her for Green Card...even if the Green card is not the primary reason of marriage. Other than this I may want to marry as earlier as possible so I can get my Green Card and can visit my family in home country soon so this is going to raise eye brows again.

This is really complicated. Will you guys will hate me if I do that?

Old 04-12-2015, 04:26 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by possible_alien View Post
Ok just posting my story here hoping to know what do you guys think about it.

I am a student and a programmer who is in good programmer category not exceptional. I have a dream of living in America. It is best country for computer nerds. I really don't want to move anywhere in world other than US. But the problem is there is no way I can get immigration through H1B visa. It is nearly impossible for me and there are no options available to me other marrying a american citizen.

So the only thing I can do is: Move there on a tourist visa or an internship, live illegally there, fall in love with an American citizen and then marry her. I don't want to break any law except living there illegally. I want to pay taxes properly and do everything that a good citizen should do.

The only thing that worries is finding my true love and getting married. I am strictly against sham marriage and have no intention of marrying if I don't love the person, but still I feel people will think I am using her for Green Card...even if the Green card is not the primary reason of marriage. Other than this I may want to marry as earlier as possible so I can get my Green Card and can visit my family in home country soon so this is going to raise eye brows again.

This is really complicated. Will you guys will hate me if I do that?
If you are serious about that and come here to contribute and not take handouts and have some sense of entitlement and actually do work, I certainly would not hate you. As to marrying an American, if that is your main strategy for getting in here it is a bit of a dishonest way to go about it.
One more thing, if you do want to come here, do it because you want to assimilate into our culture and don't become resentful because we don't adjust to the cultural or religious values of your old country.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:33 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
We really don't need any more foreigners here IMO. We've kind of had it with excessive immigration. They take jobs from Americans because they work for less, they send a lot of money out of the country, and they bring their parents over here and put them on social services which takes away from the people who have actually paid for them. Having "Anchor Babies" or purposefully marrying an American citizen are particularly offensive and dishonest. Sorry for being so blunt, but this is the way many Americans feel.

Last edited by Harpaint; 04-12-2015 at 04:45 PM..

Old 04-12-2015, 04:48 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Default Deport Free Loaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
If you are serious about that and come here to contribute and not take handouts and have some sense of entitlement and actually do work, I certainly would not hate you. As to marrying an American, if that is your main strategy for getting in here it is a bit of a dishonest way to go about it.
One more thing, if you do want to come here, do it because you want to assimilate into our culture and don't become resentful because we don't adjust to the cultural or religious values of your old country.
Amen to your comment. We have too many Freeloaders whom want the dream , but refuse to do legally.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:21 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
The problem is that he says since he can't come here legally he wants to do so illegally. He isn't lawfully entitled to a job here either so it's a "no go" no matter how good he claims his intentions are.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:32 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
If the OP isn't a troll---I agree with Harpaint---we've had it with excessive immigration---both legal and illegal. That said, I have respect for those who obey our immigration laws and patiently await their turn to come here. However, this country simply can not continue to take in 1 million legal immigrants per year.

OP---are you from India? If so, I must say this---I'm so tired of Indians wanting to come here only to eventually get a US passport and not caring about being a part of our society. Far too many Indians want that American passport so that they can travel to other parts of the world. Apparently, many countries don't let Indians in on tourist visas because they worry that they won't go home.

We also don't need anymore foreign-born IT workers when we have thousands of unemployed experienced American citizen IT workers. I don't know why you can't come on an H1-B but to be honest, this doesn't make me sad at all.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:14 AM

I am atheist and I think I love American culture. So I think that will hardly be a problem. Other than this I don't want to move there to get a passport or anything. The main reason I want to move there is that, living to America is my dream. And I want to live there.

And I feel the same way when I think about marrying an American citizen with hidden intention of citizenship. I have full intention of telling all the truth to my partner before marriage. But still I feel like I am using her.

And I think I have never broken a single law ever in my life so far. And I don't want to break one in the future. I really want to go through H1B visa route but I don't think I be able to find a visa sponsoring company because I am not extra-ordinary/exceptional talent. Other than this, we can't forget lottery system there

Old 04-13-2015, 04:08 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Craigslist.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:59 AM

Craigslist?

Old 04-13-2015, 05:09 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Default Deport

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible_alien View Post
I am atheist and I think I love American culture. So I think that will hardly be a problem. Other than this I don't want to move there to get a passport or anything. The main reason I want to move there is that, living to America is my dream. And I want to live there.

And I feel the same way when I think about marrying an American citizen with hidden intention of citizenship. I have full intention of telling all the truth to my partner before marriage. But still I feel like I am using her.

And I think I have never broken a single law ever in my life so far. And I don't want to break one in the future. I really want to go through H1B visa route but I don't think I be able to find a visa sponsoring company because I am not extra-ordinary/exceptional talent. Other than this, we can't forget lottery system there
The motivations of this thread is suspect and I sincerely hope INS Agent is looking at some of the threads. Again there are those who want to free load and become a Citizen at any means.

What about your country or origin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration