Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 05:44 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Why? American women are batshyte crazy.
Because only areal American man can Handle a American Woman. Most American Womensee thru this smoke screen "I want to be in your country".

I will be the first to turn folks like this who will break any law or disort American Law to be American.

This guy need to buy some dignity,

Old 04-16-2015, 06:59 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
The fact that right-wingers on here are actually taking the OP seriously is laughable, at best. Man, you old guys easily fall for troll bait

Old 04-16-2015, 07:27 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Thread = tl'dr.

OP, go about this the right way. Don't overstay your visa. You'll probably be the one to get caught just after your third date. And, how do you expect to explain your status to a potential wife? "oh, I'm here illegally. Will you marry me...so I can stay here?"

For some reason, I want to say troll thread is troll, but I've never seen a troll this...umm....blatant. Maybe stupid. No offense, OP, if you're for real.

If you are for real, scrap the US and go to England or Canada. Apparently they have their crap together, according to some of the people on C-D. And, do you really want an American woman, with all of this gender equality mess going on right now?

In all seriousness, there are other places to be a computer nerd. You also say you "think" you love American culture. We kick all kinds of ass when it comes to movies and music. Ever heard of "the grass is always greener on the other side"? Well, we're the other side.

Do what you wish, but don't be caught off guard when you move here and your visa expires and you willingly go home thinking us Americans are a bunch of gun-toting psychos who idolize celebrities and pee on sidewalks.

Best of luck to you.

***Take this with a grain of salt. I've been drinking cheap American beer for a few hours.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:46 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
The nativist, ethnocentric attitudes expressed by so many in this thread are disgusting. If you're a Native American, I could understand it- but most of you are the descendants of immigrants. Your ancestors came here looking for a better life, and now you'd deny other people the right to do the same thing?!
What is "nativist" and "ethnocentric" about expecting those who want to come here to do so legally? And why is it "nativist" and "ethnocentric" to expect our borders to be secured and want a system in place to deal with visa overstayers? Why is it "nativist" and "ethnocentric" to be concerned about overpopulation and all its deleterious effects?

Guess what? Native Americans' ancestors, by your description, were "immigrants" here, too. They came here from Asia. Did you really think that they sprouted up from the ground? Besides, some think that the Solutreans were here before the Native Indians.

I'll tell you what you can do --- You can get in touch with the OP and offer to sponsor him for a green card. Surely, you can find a job for him, right? You can also provide him with housing, too.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:59 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The fact that right-wingers on here are actually taking the OP seriously is laughable, at best. Man, you old guys easily fall for troll bait
It crossed my mind that the OP was a troll. I even mentioned it. Why do you assume that everybody is a right-winger. Is "Turkey Head" a right-winger?

If this thread bothers you, then why post at all?

Old 04-16-2015, 08:19 PM

62,961 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What is "nativist" and "ethnocentric" about expecting those who want to come here to do so legally? And why is it "nativist" and "ethnocentric" to expect our borders to be secured and want a system in place to deal with visa overstayers? Why is it "nativist" and "ethnocentric" to be concerned about overpopulation and all its deleterious effects?

Guess what? Native Americans' ancestors, by your description, were "immigrants" here, too. They came here from Asia. Did you really think that they sprouted up from the ground? Besides, some think that the Solutreans were here before the Native Indians.

I'll tell you what you can do --- You can get in touch with the OP and offer to sponsor him for a green card. Surely, you can find a job for him, right? You can also provide him with housing, too.
I couldn't have said it better myself. We have no problem with "legal" immigrants. You are also correct that the so-called natives weren't native at all. They migrated here just like the Europeans did.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:20 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Default What you are seeing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I hate to break it to you. But, there are those that will go to any means to enter in the US. Most Law bidding citizens of the United States of American do not mind Legal Immigration.

This is not the issue all.

What we object is those lobbying to break the US Immigration Laws and looking a way to skirt by those whom are trying to become Naturalized Citizens.

This OP does bring up a serious debate question.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:29 AM

622 posts, read 527,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by possible_alien View Post
Ok! I got it. Thanks everyone for responses. Maybe I should consider moving to some other country that is more welcoming to immigrants or just stay at my home country
Have a look at the Netherlands. See this government site for more info: About us | I amsterdam

Old 04-25-2015, 09:19 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Ok just posting my story here hoping to know what do you guys think about it.

I am a student and a programmer who is in good programmer category not exceptional. I have a dream of living in America. It is best country for computer nerds. I really don't want to move anywhere in world other than US. But the problem is there is no way I can get immigration through H1B visa. It is nearly impossible for me and there are no options available to me other marrying a american citizen.

So the only thing I can do is: Move there on a tourist visa or an internship, live illegally there, fall in love with an American citizen and then marry her. I don't want to break any law except living there illegally. I want to pay taxes properly and do everything that a good citizen should do.

The only thing that worries is finding my true love and getting married. I am strictly against sham marriage and have no intention of marrying if I don't love the person, but still I feel people will think I am using her for Green Card...even if the Green card is not the primary reason of marriage. Other than this I may want to marry as earlier as possible so I can get my Green Card and can visit my family in home country soon so this is going to raise eye brows again.

This is really complicated. Will you guys will hate me if I do that?
ever heard of the song "American Woman"? If not, then may I suggest that you listen closely to the song. American woman, stay away from me.....

Old 04-27-2015, 01:49 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Ok! I got it. Thanks everyone for responses. Maybe I should consider moving to some other country that is more welcoming to immigrants or just stay at my home country

USA is most welcoming to all the immigrants, compared to other conservative countries like Canada or European countries. But IMO no country welcomes illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration