Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 08:45 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
HANOI, Vietnam - Thousands of Vietnamese living illegally in the United States now face deportation after the two countries completed an agreement Tuesday following a decade of work on the pact, a U.S. official said.

Vietnamese who entered the U.S. illegally after the former foes normalized relations in 1995 could now be forced to return to their birth country, said Julie Myers, director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Yahoo News Article (broken link)

The hammer is continuing to fall---------and, the net is widening to catch illegals of any race/ethnicity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 08:50 AM

436 posts, read 810,195 times
I am not partial. I believe that the immigration laws should be applied equally, to every illegal person of any country origin. The reason we hear more about the Hispanics is that they are the most blatant in disregard to our immigration laws, and their country is most profound in standing up for the "rights" of their people who cross illegally every hour. What they seem to forget is that they do not deserve the "rights' they assume they should have, and which have been handed out to them, on a platter, for years.

Time for the free ride to end.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:12 PM

402 posts, read 1,061,391 times
Quote:
The hammer is continuing to fall---------and, the net is widening to catch illegals of any race/ethnicity

ANYONE who is here illegally should be sent back to their home land.If they want to come back, then they sould do it the right way. No exceptions.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:14 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
I hope they are getting anyone regardless of their race who is here illegally to go back where they came from.

I don't have an issue with one race over another, Canadian, Mexican, Vietnamese, whoever it is.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:28 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

i stopped reading when it said illegals were being deported.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:38 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,663,930 times
I agree, don't care who they are or where they are from, illegals must go.

Deport them all.

AB, the message is growing loud and clear, I am starting to actually hear people talk about it more and more in public, at the airport, at the deli, at McDonalds, I travel allot and noticed it is being talked about more then ever before.

Time to stop talking and deport.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:42 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Umm of course not just hispanics.. thats common sense.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I agree, don't care who they are or where they are from, illegals must go.

Deport them all.

AB, the message is growing loud and clear, I am starting to actually hear people talk about it more and more in public, at the airport, at the deli, at McDonalds, I travel allot and noticed it is being talked about more then ever before.

Time to stop talking and deport.
That I do believe-------the hammer is coming down faster and faster.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:50 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
I am not partial. I believe that the immigration laws should be applied equally, to every illegal person of any country origin. The reason we hear more about the Hispanics is that they are the most blatant in disregard to our immigration laws, and their country is most profound in standing up for the "rights" of their people who cross illegally every hour. What they seem to forget is that they do not deserve the "rights' they assume they should have, and which have been handed out to them, on a platter, for years.

Time for the free ride to end.
I could not agree more, EddieK . . . ILLEGAL should equal DEPORTATION!

Old 01-23-2008, 06:47 AM

902 posts, read 718,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Good!!!! Who cares where they are from? Illegal is illegal and we want all of them gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration