Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 04:59 PM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

No, most illegals are from Mexico (60%) and another 20% are from other Latino countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 01:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
First of all, you can't actually believe that we only have 11 million illegals in this country.
Thats the general number i hear from media sources.What data do you use to come to other numbers?
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q...igrants+in+usa

To add/
A wall will do little to curb the illegal immigration problem as i suspect the vast majority of illegals come through regular border stations and only become illegal when they dont return to their own country.
As an eg; heres the Tijuana border going into USA=
http://cdn.sandiegouniontrib.com/img...15c2d8bc4ecd52

Last edited by jambo101; 11-19-2015 at 01:34 AM..

Old 11-19-2015, 02:10 AM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Seriously, you don't actually believe that the number of illegals has remained constant when everyday many sneak across the border and many overstay visas, do you?

Common sense tells us all that there is no way that the illegal alien population isn't growing.

Truth is, no one knows just how many there are in this country. Some estimates have it as high as 30 million.

Do some research. Illegals sneak into this country unchallenged every day. They also leave tons of trash that destroys fragile desert eco-systems.

Illegal immigrants leave trash in deserts along border as they cross into US | Daily Mail Online

Pictures of illegal immigration invasion near Sierra Vista, Arizona - Desert Invasion US

Are you not aware that illegals pay coyotes money to sneak them into this country? The ones who don't pay in full get held in stash houses until the coyotes get paid. A google search will bring up quite a few results.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:23 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Truth is, no one knows just how many there are in this country. Some estimates have it as high as 30 million.
I;ve seen people on this forum quote numbers as high as 60 million, if we are just guessing or going on a hunch then apply any number you like but the official number is somewhere in the 11-12 million range.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:56 AM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
"The official number" is not accurate. Seriously, how can it be?

Old 11-19-2015, 09:09 AM

2,420 posts, read 3,848,705 times
While I don't think illegal immigration is the most important issue on the U.S. it is definitely a lingering issue that must be addressed. This is 2015 and illegal immigration still hasn't been addressed. It is about time that this thing gets fixed so the politicians can stop wasting their time with it. The pro illegal immigration groups and anti illegal immigration groups love riding on this bandwagon. The can cannot be kicked down the road anymore.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:45 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple1975 View Post
I lived in Houston, TX from '82 through '11. Back in '82 there were no real detectable illegals and there was a nice charming Mexican dub-culture within the distinctly USA culture. Sometime in the early-mid '90s things began to nosedive. Illegals have been pouring in ever since, taking all of the good jobs that Americans were happy to have like lawn care, construction, fast food, etc. Now it seems like half of the people there don't understand (or pretend to not) English, construction quality is crappier than ever because there is a crew of non-skilled laborers who cannot speak English, illegals take all of the jobs kids used to do like lawn care, cleaning, fast food, etc. You have illegal neighbors so when there is an issue with their kids and yours, you have to use THEIR KIDS as a translator (real fun). The American culture was once eroding and is now basically being swept away the closer to the border you get. These people want to do a silent take over of our country and culture.

Needless to say, I got the hell out of there and moved pretty much as far away as I could. If the USA does not wake up NOW, our country will be lost. I've put enough buffer between myself and the illegal problem for my lifetime but not for my kids' the way things are headed.

Illegal immigration may not be your number 1 personal problem BigDGeek but it very well may be our country's #1 problem (not counting Obama of course). We also need to stop thinking only about ourselves as individuals and get some sense of nationalism or we're totally screwed.
Kind of funny that you're trying to beat me up over this issue when:

A.) I am of a like mind on this issue
B.) DH and I are already researching our options to get out of this hellhole and to somewhere where Americans still come first.

I also strongly recommend that you stop trying to alienate people who agree with you.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:24 PM

271 posts, read 390,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Kind of funny that you're trying to beat me up over this issue when:

A.) I am of a like mind on this issue
B.) DH and I are already researching our options to get out of this hellhole and to somewhere where Americans still come first.

I also strongly recommend that you stop trying to alienate people who agree with you.
Not trying to beat you up at all...don't be so sensitive. Mostly it was directed at everyone who reads who does't appreciate the seriousness of the issue...not necessarily you. You pretty much just solicited the lecture from me when your post relatively downplayed the issue.

Honestly though, most people in Texas that are American citizens already fully realize the magnitude of the problem as it is pretty much impossible to avoid if you ever leave your house.

Get the hell out of there though. I still kick myself for staying there for so many years.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:36 PM

2,965 posts, read 3,530,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple1975 View Post
Since Trump seems to be the only candidate with a hard stance against illegal immigration, including deportation of those already here, do you think the issue itself is serious enough to the American people to vote him into the presidency?

I personally think it is the single greatest problem facing our country at this time and that we must vote for him simple because he is the only one who we can count on to handle the problem appropriately.
Only one word can describe how important, very!

Old 11-19-2015, 10:44 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,438,277 times
I'm voting primarily based on a candidate's views on illegal immigration, as it contributes to so many other problems we have in the country: unemployment, suppressed wages, crime, and out-of-control spending.

Trump or Cruz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration