Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 07:14 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
It has been federal law since 1982 that children of illegals, and even illegal children, be allowed in public schools in the USA whether one likes it or not. What amuses me about this stuff, just tickles me to death, is I bet many who hold this federal law (from 1982) against the current POTUS thought Reagan, POTUS in 1982, was just nifty. Short attention spans.

No need for snarky remarks. Just because many of us in here are conservatives doesn't mean that we are blind to the mistakes that the GOP has made also. No short attention span here.

California's prop 187 was passed by our citizens do deny a tax payer funded education to illegal aliens but overturned by some left leaning judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 05:39 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I love this requirement! So what is wrong asking for a visa? (Besides the inevitable court challenge). Just another bleeding heart story meant for us to feel sorry for these poor misunderstood folk only trying to better their lives with American taxpayer-paid benefits. We have enough legal citizens who have fallen on hard times. Texas and Arizona and California are sick and tired of these invaders, and now we have Central Americans added to the mix. No sympathy here.
States do not have rights to determine immigration.. that's a federal responsibility. I disagree with the state law.

I am FOR eliminating the loophole that allows anchor babies, one parent should be a permanent resident or a US citizen, IMO.. but again that has to be a Federal law to make it stick.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:41 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Unfortunately, unless they have a serious criminal record ICE will not pick them up per Obama's instructions.
Did you know that Obama has deported more illegals than Bush?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...k-thats-enough

Old 02-04-2016, 06:12 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Did you know that Obama has deported more illegals than Bush?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...k-thats-enough

Did you know that's not true?

National Review Online

Obama Admin Skews Deportation Figures - Judicial Watch

High deportation figures are misleading - LA Times

Old 02-04-2016, 08:14 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Did none of the illegal coddlers here read the VERY HELPFUL link I posted from Dallas County containing an exhaustive list of alternative IDs?

Bravo to Dallas County for refusing to accept the matricula consular, but these illegals are weaving a fabric of LIES when they say that there's no way to get their hands on a birth certificate. There is, there are just a couple more hoops to jump through.

They're full of it, and people are foolish for believing it.

Old 02-23-2016, 04:02 AM

729 posts, read 429,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticat View Post
Article states that the father is feeling "energized" to get more politically involved since his child is being denied a birth certificate. This burns me to no end! Why in the pluperfect heck wasn't he this energized to fight for change in his own country? Instead he crashes in here illegally and pitches a hissy. Take that "energy" back home and fight for change THERE.
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration