Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 03:41 AM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
No. There is no justifiable reason for traumatizing children. Something is very wrong with the White House. There are 2000 children, and their parents, and 350 million people are whining and complaining about having to provide aid because it will cost each of them a few pennies. It's absolutely disgusting. Rather than pay a few pennies, it is preferable to traumatize children.

Trump's people need to realize that when they decide to travel this summer, every country in the world is going to be very wary of what sort of people they are. They will be tolerated at best. Trump's people need to understand that these decisions will have a very long lasting negative impact.
I welcome you to send a check to your representative to offset those of us who don't want to pay for illegals - start a go fund me acct - open your home to them - but do something besides complaining about the lack of others support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 07:19 AM

1,302 posts, read 684,306 times
Shame!!

Old 06-19-2018, 07:27 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times
This just got real

Old 06-19-2018, 07:42 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
No. There is no justifiable reason for traumatizing children. Something is very wrong with the White House. There are 2000 children, and their parents, and 350 million people are whining and complaining about having to provide aid because it will cost each of them a few pennies. It's absolutely disgusting. Rather than pay a few pennies, it is preferable to traumatize children.

Trump's people need to realize that when they decide to travel this summer, every country in the world is going to be very wary of what sort of people they are. They will be tolerated at best. Trump's people need to understand that these decisions will have a very long lasting negative impact.
If 2000 children aren't a problem then I invite the Canadians to take care of them.
There was no justifiable reason for the parents of those children to endanger them needlessly. Just imagine the drama of dragging those children the length of Mexico, when Mexico could have provided them refuge.
I agree that simply separating the children to to legal status isn't the answer. I also believe that any parent who willingly and intentionally endangers their child in hopes of gaining extra freebies, need to be evaluated, they might not be fit parents.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:59 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,959,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
"Trump's people"? What are you talking about?

Your whole post doesn't make any sense. Who thinks it's right to enter Canada or any country illegally? Do you have a link to back up anything you say? If so, post it.

You also don't get that those adults who are being separated from the kids didn't present themselves at a border checkpoint. Instead, they were caught sneaking into this country.

You also know that there is concern as to whether these children really belong to the adults who brought them here. Child trafficking is a big problem. For all we know, the person with the child is a coyote who was paid to bring the child here.

You never answered my question. Does it bother you when American citizens commit crimes and go to jail thus being separated from their children?
How quickly we forget:
"Hey, he is the head of a country and I mean he is the strong head. Don't let anyone think anything different. He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same."
It's a big funny. Trump said so.

Your point about criminals being separated from children has nothing to do with children being separated from parents. When Trump's people are arrested, some of them go to prison. The children carry on with their lives. This means that parents are separated from children.

What is happening with asylum seekers is different. Trump's people are now yanking children away from parents who are not convicted of any crimes and tossing those children in detention centers. This means that children are yanked away from parents.

In the first instance, nothing horrific happens to the children, in the second instance young children are traumatized to punish parents.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I welcome you to send a check to your representative to offset those of us who don't want to pay for illegals - start a go fund me acct - open your home to them - but do something besides complaining about the lack of others support.
That's great advice for Trump's people! Instead of traumatizing children, do something to solve the problem.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:06 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
I'm so sick of people whining and gnashing their teeth over this issue. I'm seriously FED UP.

If you don't want your children separated from you, DON'T SNEAK OVER THE BORDER.

If you don't want to be treated like the criminal that YOU ARE, don't commit the crime of sneaking into the United States.

I am so sick of these trashy, functionally illiterate people coming into our country and taking advantage of our generosity. This applies to any and all bums who come into this country, legally or illegally, who then latch onto the American taxpayer's teat. Deport them ALL.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
If 2000 children aren't a problem then I invite the Canadians to take care of them.
There was no justifiable reason for the parents of those children to endanger them needlessly. Just imagine the drama of dragging those children the length of Mexico, when Mexico could have provided them refuge.
I agree that simply separating the children to to legal status isn't the answer. I also believe that any parent who willingly and intentionally endangers their child in hopes of gaining extra freebies, need to be evaluated, they might not be fit parents.
Even though you don't know the story behind these asylum seekers, you're prepared to punish young children on the basis of what you imagine may be the case?

Old 06-19-2018, 08:34 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Why should Canada take them? What makes you think Mexico is safe? Seems like there are lots of folks here dancing as fast as they can trying to give Trump cover for what is probably the worst policy he has implemented since he was sworn in.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:52 AM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Even though you don't know the story behind these asylum seekers, you're prepared to punish young children on the basis of what you imagine may be the case?
And you're not in the least bit concerned that some of these children may have been trafficked? You want to release them to the adults who brought them here without proof that they are really their parents?

If any of these kids have been trafficked, then they are better off in a shelter and separated from the adults who are trafficking them.

Once again, those who showed up at a BP checkpoint and asked for asylum aren't being separated from the children. It's those who sneaked across the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration