Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 05:15 PM

90 posts, read 84,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
Looking into Patagoina in City Data http://www.city-data.com/city/Patagonia-Arizona.html it shows in the past 5 years there were 0 murders, 0 rapes, 3 robberies (all in 2014). Crime was significantly lower than the US average.

Unfortunately no data noting "sneaky illegals" crossing your lawn so can't promise any safety there.
When you put something in quotes when referring to the OP's post, e.g. "sneaky illegals" it means that it was stated. The OP did no such thing, the OP stated "illegals sneaking in". Just because you don't like what someone writes doesn't mean you should intentionally misquote them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 05:58 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,075 times
Quote:
Threat from illegals - Patagonia, Elgin, Sonoita area
Illegal border crossers would be under surveillance not only by the US Border Patrol, but there would be surveillance by the military at Ft Huachuca Army Installation near Sierra Vista, AZ as well.

Arizona also has its Army National Guard, which is a component of the United States Army and the United States National Guard. Arizona has the Department of Public Safety, which provides Arizona State Troopers. There are also police departments in every city and incorporated town, plus each county has its own Sheriff and Deputies.

Also, Arizona recognizes that all American citizens have the right to bear arms, as provided for in the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:06 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,883,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyChoices View Post
When you put something in quotes when referring to the OP's post, e.g. "sneaky illegals" it means that it was stated. The OP did no such thing, the OP stated "illegals sneaking in". Just because you don't like what someone writes doesn't mean you should intentionally misquote them.
You're right.

Thank you for the reminder.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:02 AM

90 posts, read 84,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
You're right.

Thank you for the reminder.
Wow. I'm impressed with your response (seriously). There is so much animosity out there with people just trying to dis each other or get one up on each other. Thumbs up to you.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:37 PM

988 posts, read 683,249 times
Personally, I wouldn't feel threatened living anywhere along the border. Key word = personally. YMMV. Hard for me to think of a quieter, nicer place than Patagonia. Some U.S. citizens along the Texas border, elderly if I'm not mistaken, leave out cases of water and such in their yards for migrants. I don't see how migrants benefit from attacking people, robbing them, etc. I think the general idea is the opposite--lay low, stay out of sight, and don't draw attention to yourself. No doubt there are exceptions to that rule, but I think it's a good general guide to migrant behavior. Sure, there are bad guys running drugs. How many? Within a ten-mile radius of Patagonia, and a ten-mile radius of my house in Phoenix, I'm guessing a much higher number of people are involved in the drug trade here in Phoenix, although the average amount they move is probably less. Not an expert on such matters. Don't get involved with people living that life. Patagonia gets nicer still the closer you get to the border! That mountain south of town is absolutely gorgeous. People live there, on ranches or farms or whatever.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:42 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,094,536 times
Quote:
Wow. I'm impressed with your response (seriously). There is so much animosity out there with people just trying to dis each other or get one up on each other.
It's the Phoenix summertime drama thread syndrome.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:04 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,075 times
Quote:
Wow. I'm impressed with your response (seriously). There is so much animosity out there with people just trying to dis each other or get one up on each other. Thumbs up to you.
Yes.

Once every third blue moon or so, one turns up... and totally floors us.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:29 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,800,051 times
I live in Green Valley (well, half the year anyway...), and a few years ago wrote a book about the border. Can't put the title in here, it's a violation of the rules, ask me how I know... But, the area really is; The Third Nation. It ain't the United States, and it ain't Mexico.

Anyway, I interviewed lots of folks from the area from Patagonia, Nogales and Sasabe. Pretty darn safe area. As the sheriff of the county (Tony Estrada) told me, the cartels do not want problems by the border. Whatever they want to accomplish, it's many miles further north. He also mentioned that there are just more law offices living in the area than you can shake a stick at!!

For the record, I'm retired with 41 years as a police officer (NYPD/Chief of Police in MA). If there were a problem, I'd let you know in the proverbial NY Minute!!

Rich

Old 08-20-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I do try to respond respectfully even when I don't agree but blew it on that one. Always good to wait a few minutes and reconsider before sending.

I'm currently in Seattle and had just submitted an offer on a beautiful home in Rio Rico. I'd been researching the area for the past 16 months and did 4 trips down, one each season. I met many wonderful people and all were very comfortable and secure in their nieghborhoods. That, coupled with other border babble caught me on my edge.

Anyway, closing next month, moving begins Oct. Won't be my full time home yet but looking forward to it.

Old 08-20-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCapeCod View Post
I live in Green Valley (well, half the year anyway...), and a few years ago wrote a book about the border. Can't put the title in here, it's a violation of the rules, ask me how I know... But, the area really is; The Third Nation. It ain't the United States, and it ain't Mexico.

Anyway, I interviewed lots of folks from the area from Patagonia, Nogales and Sasabe. Pretty darn safe area. As the sheriff of the county (Tony Estrada) told me, the cartels do not want problems by the border. Whatever they want to accomplish, it's many miles further north. He also mentioned that there are just more law offices living in the area than you can shake a stick at!!

For the record, I'm retired with 41 years as a police officer (NYPD/Chief of Police in MA). If there were a problem, I'd let you know in the proverbial NY Minute!!

Rich
Hi Rich,

I did get your book off Amazon and thoroughly enjoyed it! It was another important piece of my research for the move.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration