Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:03 PM

4 posts, read 9,805 times

Advertisements

Quote from Original Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Seems pretty easy to me, so where are the pictures of Americans lining up? I want to see Americans out picking strawberries.
Not me. I buy strawberries from whoever sells them for the least. If hiring illegals saves me a few cents, line 'em up!

If we're lucky, the money I save will be distributed elsewhere in the economy, stimulating job growth in non-strawberry-picking sectors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 07:29 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
You were warned by a mod for asking too many questions? Is this against the TOS? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a hinderment of freedom of speech!!
Rightly or wrongly; this website is privately owned------hell, even I received a written warning over something that was borderline at worst.

As for keeping a lid on flagrantly incendiary posts: I 'self police' myself.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:27 AM

334 posts, read 827,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitakbt View Post
Quote from Original Post:

Not me. I buy strawberries from whoever sells them for the least. If hiring illegals saves me a few cents, line 'em up!

If we're lucky, the money I save will be distributed elsewhere in the economy, stimulating job growth in non-strawberry-picking sectors.

Ah h h h h . . . . the American way! It only makes cents, and huge dollars for WalMart and all the other smart companies .

Old 04-08-2008, 10:17 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,020 times
\
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
However, if we started shooting illegal immigrants to our country as the invaders they are....maybe those employers WOULD start hiring Americans for the jobs.
Are you talking about open season on Illegal Immigrants? Interesting It does not surprise me, but I don't think you would like the outcome.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:08 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,927,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
Ah h h h h . . . . the American way! It only makes cents, and huge dollars for WalMart and all the other smart companies .
Which in turn sends your dollars to China. Paying the absolute bottom price has its consequences.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:25 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Which in turn sends your dollars to China. Paying the absolute bottom price has its consequences.

Now yesterday I mentioned on a post about China and you reminded me that I was on an immigration forum

Old 04-08-2008, 01:58 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
What are the consequences besides saving tons of money a year? China depends on the U.S, The U.S depends on China. If one fails, so does the other.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:20 PM

7 posts, read 9,271 times
well what can i say i am iligal here and i has ben called from about 25 companies after filling out many forms of work, and i am not talking about 8, 9 or 7 dollars hourly i am talking about 12 hourly and up and in none of them you have to be expert, trained . I did not get anyone becouse i do not have the number you have you just have to use the internet and start filling up forms. i did like 150 in about 2 weeks and i have always the same inconvenient so any of those 25 jobs can be your 12 and up guys what are you doing with your number, get up??? build your credits, save money, buy the car you like, the house you like anything here, alaska, canada, irak( i was going to go there but they wanted the number) a lot of opportunities. you can go to the corner of your house and found a job there i have to drive my old car every days praying for the damn engine and all the things becouse i do not have any family here who can help me. i pay rent, bills and averything alone the damn gas is killing me and probably i am going to lose it lollllllllllllllllllllllllll. you are not thinking about what you have you are thinking about what you want only, do not give up..... blue, red and stars is a powerful symbol wherever you go.... do not lose it. politicians, no politicians, black, white, yellow, green who care?? what you have inside is the important think. do not wati somebody else fix your problems, you can get some help yes ... but do your own too for you and your family. for me is ok i am paying the price for to be like this but for you...and no offense.. there is not excuse. Learn or read if you think you need it but be always more today or next year dose not metter. see you next time

Old 11-08-2008, 05:33 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,967,267 times
My niece's nanny is an American citizen, but was born in Russia. So she is an American doing a job that people associate mostly with illegal immigrants from Latin America.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:04 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
A good friend of mine is desperate for work but can't get a handyman type job because of the torrent of illegal labor here in San Diego. He's going to lose his house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration