Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 11:20 PM

316 posts, read 131,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
So you want to simply sit here and watch the illegal alien population go up another 5 or 10 million?

You have some rational proposal that does not cost billions and billions?

Or in 2030 are you going to be bitching and moaning about the growth in illegals?

It is thinking like yours that has let the situation worsen. And it will continue to.
Why even bother responding, everything you just said is straw man hyperbole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 04:25 AM

63,265 posts, read 29,358,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by visual_snacks View Post
Why even bother responding, everything you just said is straw man hyperbole.
You got that right. His position is make all of these illegals legal and then they magically disappear in theory because they aren't called illegals anymore. How bizzarre is that? But they'd still be here! He totally ignores the fact that another amnesty would just encourage more to come here. That was proven back in 1986!

How do Americans get their jobs back if they are allowed to remain here? How do we alleviate the crowded conditions they have caused in our schools, hospitals, jails, neighborhoods and roads? The continued depletion and demands on our social and natural resources and the unnatural and unlawful change of our demographics, culture and language?

I can't for the life of me understand how any loyal, law abiding American is ok with these illegals being here and wanting them to be able to remain here. They have absolutely no respect for our laws or their fellow Americans. Illegals cost us over $100 billion a year in spite of their denials about it. My source provides viable proof of that and they provide nothing but garbage and lies to the contrary. Besides how can anything illegal be a good thing? There is no way that law abiding Americans should have to roll over and accept the incompetence of our government anymore in regards to illegal immigration over the years and now this crisis at our border and we demand that they respect our immigration laws and the sovereignty of our country's borders and correct their mistakes and another amnesty is not correcting their mistakes.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:15 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,423,615 times
Default The Nonsense Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You got that right. His position is make all of these illegals legal and then they magically disappear in theory because they aren't called illegals anymore. How bizzarre is that? But they'd still be here! He totally ignores the fact that another amnesty would just encourage more to come here. That was proven back in 1986!

How do Americans get their jobs back if they are allowed to remain here? How do we alleviate the crowded conditions they have caused in our schools, hospitals, jails, neighborhoods and roads? The continued depletion and demands on our social and natural resources and the unnatural and unlawful change of our demographics, culture and language?

I can't for the life of me understand how any loyal, law abiding American is ok with these illegals being here and wanting them to be able to remain here. They have absolutely no respect for our laws or their fellow Americans. Illegals cost us over $100 billion a year in spite of their denials about it. My source provides viable proof of that and they provide nothing but garbage and lies to the contrary. Besides how can anything illegal be a good thing? There is no way that law abiding Americans should have to roll over and accept the incompetence of our government anymore in regards to illegal immigration over the years and now this crisis at our border and we demand that they respect our immigration laws and the sovereignty of our country's borders and correct their mistakes and another amnesty is not correcting their mistakes.
I oppose illegal immigration and have always done so. However I want to fix the problem not to sit back complaining as the problem gets worse.

I am a well experienced corporate engineering executive. My roots are green and orange Irish. I have no ties to the Hispanic other than a fondness for vacation in western Mexico. But even that is no longer true as my health has prevented such trips for the last 10 years and will likely continue to do so.

So I am simply a disinterested observer trying to use my systems skills to suggest alternatives that might fix the problem.

Again we see the prevarications of the anti-illegal group. The 100 billion cost is pure fiction. Cato, a strong Libertarian think tank destroyed it years ago...

https://www.cato.org/blog/fairs-fisc...fatally-flawed

And I would continue to point out there is a smell of xenophobia buried in the issue.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I oppose illegal immigration and have always done so. However I want to fix the problem not to sit back complaining as the problem gets worse.

I am a well experienced corporate engineering executive. My roots are green and orange Irish. I have no ties to the Hispanic other than a fondness for vacation in western Mexico. But even that is no longer true as my health has prevented such trips for the last 10 years and will likely continue to do so.

So I am simply a disinterested observer trying to use my systems skills to suggest alternatives that might fix the problem.

Again we see the prevarications of the anti-illegal group. The 100 billion cost is pure fiction. Cato, a strong Libertarian think tank destroyed it years ago...

https://www.cato.org/blog/fairs-fisc...fatally-flawed

And I would continue to point out there is a smell of xenophobia buried in the issue.
Changing the name of illegal to legal is not solving the problem. Lol.

"Hey let's make murder legal, and just like that there will be no murders!"

Old 08-13-2021, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Changing the name of illegal to legal is not solving the problem. Lol.

"Hey let's make murder legal, and just like that there will be no murders!"
Of course it does. It reduces the number of illegals to something our enforcement efforts can contain.

Do you really believe there is some way we are going to deport people who have been here 10 or 20 years and many of whom have US citizen children?

I would note that many of the illegal aliens are deportable but not criminal. Minors for instance or visa overstayers.

Old 08-13-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Of course it does. It reduces the number of illegals to something our enforcement efforts can contain.

Do you really believe there is some way we are going to deport people who have been here 10 or 20 years and many of whom have US citizen children?

I would note that many of the illegal aliens are deportable but not criminal. Minors for instance or visa overstayers.
Many of them are deportable? ALL of them are deportable. The bias is strong with this one.

Old 08-13-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Many of them are deportable? ALL of them are deportable. The bias is strong with this one.
That is what I said but the majority are likely not criminal. And those that came in as minors will generally get strong support to stay here and deporting the parents of a couple of young American citizens my well turn out to be pretty much impossible.

So many are technically deportable but practically it will not be doable.

Old 08-13-2021, 06:17 PM

18,566 posts, read 15,665,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Do you know how many people have come across the border illegally so far this year?

According to the U.S. Customs and Border Control, it's 1.1 million people – and the numbers are rising every month.

Read on....

https://www.wnd.com/2021/08/its-not-...MeyrcFvK0tztVU

I wonder how many were apprehended and deported immediately opposed to those that were allowed to stay with or without a court date including those claiming asylum? At any rate, anyone who isn't alarmed at what is going on at our border needs to have their heads examined.
The US doesn't generally do automatic deportations unless someone commits a crime other than simply "illegally immigrating". But they do try to deter it by making it difficult to obtain employment without a legal status.

Old 08-13-2021, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
The US doesn't generally do automatic deportations unless someone commits a crime other than simply "illegally immigrating". But they do try to deter it by making it difficult to obtain employment without a legal status.
According to our immigration laws they are supposed to be automatically deported if found within 100 miles of our border. However, when the Democrats were in charge they implemented a "catch and release" policy which Trump put and end to. No, there is no mandated e-verify policy so it is not difficult for them to obtain employment either by using a fake or stolen ID/SS # or working for cash and that needs to change.

Old 08-13-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
The majority of them have committed felony ID theft or tax evasion and yes that is a deportable offense besides just being in our country illegally. They should get a pass on our immigration laws just because they have managed to evade the law for years and have U.S. born kids? I don't think so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration