Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:47 AM

944 posts, read 3,848,700 times

Advertisements

I just saw an El Camino in Pinellas County with "Conquista" written in large, easily identifiable, gangster-font on the back tailgate. Oh well.

And I forgot my camera today, dang!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 08:54 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,164,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
I wouldnt be living in a place with high crime and lots of gangs and immigrants in the first place.
Is way late for that...move to Mexico Lindo y querido....

I have many latino friends (mostly Ricans) that were part of our USAF units. So I will talked to the mejicanos that work at the Oriental Rest (by the way great food) and see what the Latino Mafia is cooking.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:58 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,164,292 times
Interesting, will they be reclaiming the USA? Hispanics are the largest minority in the USA. Just imagine the Estados Unidos de Mexico....

"Reconquista" is the name of the action that the Spanish took to reclaim Spain from the Moors

Old 01-21-2007, 10:23 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
I forget... why are Hispanics considered a minority again? A minority what? Ethnicity? That doesn't make sense since minority groups tend to refer to a race, not a culture.

Culture is lost in a couple of generations. The "reconquista" was cancelled before it ever started since the term generally refers to Mexicans "retaking" the Southwest US (regardless of the fact that VERY VERY VERY few Mexicans actually LIVED in the Southwest when the US won it fair and square from them in war, and those Mexicans who WERE there became "Americans!").

Most other "latin American derived" immigrants do not agree with, support, or identify with "Mexican culture," so don't worry about the reconquista. Ever call a Cuban a Mexican? Watch out if you ever do! lol! I'd venture to say that even many Mexicans realize the folly of trying to turn America into the craphole they left behind for a better life. Or they should, anyway!

Old 01-21-2007, 10:53 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,456,213 times
I sort of liked it when the Mexicans started moving into my old neighborhood in Georgia.

I knew one kid pretty well and before I knew it, he and all of his friends (young and old) would drop by my place on Sundays. I felt much safer than I had before when it was just me, the gangstas, and some little old ladies. After awhile it got to the point where even people I'd never met would say hello. One charming gent would occasionally stroll by dressed in his weekend finest, hoping to catch my eye, I suppose. I just loved all of them, very sweet men.

Definitely doesn't sound like the same kind of folks you have down in south Florida.

Last edited by ellie; 01-21-2007 at 11:30 AM..

Old 01-21-2007, 11:24 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
"South" Florida must be really different regarding the type of Mexicans that are there. I guess I consider anywhere south of Tampa to be south Florida. But all the Mexicans I see and know are very sweet and nice, and many of them are now entrepeneurs with successful restaurants, boutiques and groceries, where once they were only migrant workers here. It is nice to see so many of them achieve so much success.

I am an American born Spaniard, and most of us "Latinos" really hate the term "Hispanic" - that just lumps all of us who are from Spanish speaking countries into one big group, but we are all different, as noted above. But for government and census purposes, we have to be "Hispanic" and yes, we are considered a minority.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:35 AM

598 posts, read 2,269,370 times
firemed - this was one of the "hot" topics before Christian got banned. He was explaining to us about the taking back of the sw states and how this is an active and growing movement. He was right about this. Google "Aztlan" to learn about this movement. The recent illegals rushing our southern border is a dangerous, armed group of activists who are sworn to take back Aztlan at any cost. Why do you think these illegal Mexicans can go into our streets flying the Mexican flag and demanding anything? Because they feel they are in THEIR rightful homeland, not ours. This threat is VERY REAL and should not be dismissed! They are flooding across our border and taking up position in these states for a future battle to reclaim them as their own. Here's some links I found when I Googled it before with some sobering info and a map:

http://www.illegalaliens.us/aztlan.htm
http://www.limitstogrowth.org/WEB-text/aztlan.html

The states that make up Aztlan are:

California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, plus southern Colorado, along with several current Mexican states.

It's important to know who we are voting into office to keep our states strong, not allowing the laws to soften towards illegals so they get a legal/political foothold. Most people who are not near the border have NO IDEA what is happening.

Last edited by summergal; 01-21-2007 at 12:12 PM..

Old 01-21-2007, 03:18 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Is way late for that...move to Mexico Lindo y querido....

I have many latino friends (mostly Ricans) that were part of our USAF units. So I will talked to the mejicanos that work at the Oriental Rest (by the way great food) and see what the Latino Mafia is cooking.
Sunrico...I always thought you were Hispanic? I guess I was wrong?

Old 01-21-2007, 06:20 PM

603 posts, read 1,996,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
....Most other "latin American derived" immigrants do not agree with, support, or identify with "Mexican culture," so don't worry about the reconquista. ...
Sorry, but I totally don't buy that argument unless you are referring to legal immigrants. How do you explain hundreds of thousands that turned out in demonstrations last spring for 'illegal rights' and were told not to bring Mexican flags, but they did it anyway? Was it because they didn't identify with Mexican culture? Also, as an example, a couple years ago the Mexican and American soccer teams played each other in LA and the people in the stadium booed the National Anthem and threw things down on the field at the American team. This was in LA! The American team was absolutely mortified at the way they were treated in their own stadium in the US. Now, this is a single incident, but I believe it is far from isolated. I think it is niave to believe that people coming here are only here to become Americans, because clearly it doesn't appear that the vast majority are trying to assimilate to our culture, but rather trying to force their's upon us.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:19 PM

355 posts, read 842,647 times
The individual that you misinterpreted was referring to nationals from Cuba, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, and other Latin American countries when s/he stated "many illegal immigrants do not identify with Mexican culture."

As someone stated, its offensive for many Cubans to be mistaken for Mexicans and its offensive for many Mexicans to be mistaken for 'other Latinos', especially Guatemalans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration