Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2007, 12:07 PM

185 posts, read 746,257 times

Advertisements

Has anyone read or heard of this movement? I read an artical from The Washington Times regarding this topic.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/comme...2348-2753r.htm
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 12:53 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,334,169 times
Have you checked out firemed's thread in the FL forum?

Old 01-08-2007, 01:03 PM

185 posts, read 746,257 times
Yes I did so I thought I'd put it over here for further dicussion. That was the first time I have heard of it,guess I had better pay more attention to what is going on around me

Old 01-08-2007, 01:31 PM

107 posts, read 720,954 times
The following link is from aztlan.net describing same. This is a fringe group of the Mechistas, the LaMecha movement, which started as "Chicano power" in universities in the 1960's before fragmenting into those who wish it embrace education and pride for their own (c'mon, that's a good thing), and those who fervantly believe in "La Raza" as ardently as Germans believed in "the master race" with the same implications. If it remains fringe then it is no more dangerous than fringe groups of the 1960's, loud and media-oriented. If they don't, here's yet another group that thinks it's better than everyone else and deserves to change everything here to suit them alone. Hasn't America made any progress against this thinking, be it against White Suprematists, segregationists, Ku Klux Klan, or any of the violent race-oriented groups? La Raza= the Taliban = Dominionists= Flat Earth thinkers. These are not philosophies consistent with American democracy.
http://www.aztlan.net/homeland.htm

Old 01-08-2007, 01:38 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,606,344 times
I saw that. Here's a graphic for those too lazy to read the site.

Old 01-08-2007, 02:52 PM

603 posts, read 1,995,698 times
Yeah, this is old news. I posted a thread on this and the moderators actually moved it out because somebody got 'offended' I guess. This is a serious issue and a threat to anyone who considers themselves a patriot to this nation. While it may seem far fetched, tell me how far fetched it is when we have another 8 million or so illegals in the next 5 years (10% of Mexico's population already lives here--seriously). Here's a statement I made during that posting:

...a Zogby poll (2002) found that 58 percent of Mexicans agree with the statement, "the territory of the United States' Southwest rightfully belongs to Mexico." We all know our history, so we know that went to war with Mexico and got what is currently the American southwest from that country. But, if we all agree that the vast numbers of illegals coming into this country are coming from Mexico, than we have to assume that a majority of those immigrants believe that the land they are coming to is rightfully Mexico's. A similar majority, 57 percent, agree with the statement, "Mexicans should have the right to enter the U.S. without U.S. permission," while 35 percent disagree. Seven percent are unsure.

Granted, none of these polls or statements are explicit support for Aztlan, but...

Just gives you a little something to chew on and seriously rethink what you've been told over the years. Kinda disturbing, isn't it?

Old 01-08-2007, 03:01 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEWY12 View Post
Has anyone read or heard of this movement? I read an artical from The Washington Times regarding this topic.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/comme...2348-2753r.htm
Keep in mind that the Washington Times is owned by the Moonies, and about half of their articles are only a small step away from being worthy of the National Enquirer.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:23 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,334,169 times
Quote:
I was just at the store and overheard two guys in spanish say the "reconquista" the reconquering is working and it won't be long. Did anyone ever hear of this ? My spanish is rough but it is where I can understand what is said. Is this something I'm missing ? I would like to know if anyone has heard of this.
This is what firemed wrote on the thread he started--for those that haven't seen it on the FL forum. I guess a couple of guys think it's true.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:37 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;259753
This is what firemed wrote on the thread he started--for those that haven't seen it on the FL forum. I guess a couple of guys think it's true.
Why would two people be discussing this in a supermarket? I have a really difficult time buying this story, but hey it could have happened. Besides, these guys must not know their U.S. geography. If FireMed said this happened in Florida, their is no state in the Southeast except Texas landlocked with any foreign country. This baseless theory revolves around the Southwestern states, of which I live in California. I am not afraid of 5'9" Construction workers taking over my country, most of them have been kind to me, and I hold many of them in high regards. How is Mexico going to regain the Southwest when half of their are caught drowing in immense poverty?

Old 01-08-2007, 08:58 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,071,404 times
AFAIK, only the nuts (Including that Aztlan group) talk about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration