Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:45 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,079 times

Advertisements

Pro-Illegal viewpoints that really set you off!
Heres a few of my faves.

1.But if theres no illegal immigration lettuce,strawberries,etc will be 5$ a Head/Pound.
2.God didnt create borders. everything belongs to everyone(Tell that to The guy i shoot for breaking into my house
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 07:49 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Hehehe... what is funny is that these Businesses don't want to pay the extra costs to take care of illegal immigrants, the illegal immigrants don't want to pay the extra costs to take care of them either, and the Federal government wants the taxpayers to pay the extra costs to take care of them... so we are paying the extra costs in entitlements and handouts to take care of criminals who are allowed to roam about freely in their sanctuary states? Doesn't sound fair to me... I wouldn't mind letting them stay here as long as they pay for their own upkeep... I hate it when people steal from me through taxation that goes to support someone's lifestyle... be they illegal or not... its quite obvious the illegal immigrant pool are never going to pay for themselves, so I say keep them out...

Old 07-03-2008, 07:53 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Well I guess what it really boils down to is this. They can use their heart-tugging slogans like "no human is illegal". They can cry racism. They can call people haters, mean-spirited, etc. They can use whatever words, justifications, bumper stickers that they want. It really truly boils down to three words: They are illegal. No bumper sticker, no charge of racism or hatred or anything will change that.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:33 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
My favorite from the governor (who, thank God, is ineligible for re-election) of Virginia, Tim Kaine: "Immigration is a federal issue and states should not bother with something that is a federal problem." Nancy Lyall (who runs MEXICANS WITHOUT BORDERS) like to say the same thing.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:51 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Pro-Illegal viewpoints that really set you off!
Heres a few of my faves.

1.But if theres no illegal immigration lettuce,strawberries,etc will be 5$ a Head/Pound.
2.God didnt create borders. everything belongs to everyone(Tell that to The guy i shoot for breaking into my house
Indeed, what will you do when the price of food picked by these "illegals" go up. Y'all are already griping about gas and the general cost of living. What I can't get my head around is that for decades you people had no problem with them being your maids and farm workers and then when being conservative and loud became fashionable y'all couldn't wait...Limbaugh’s making out like a bandit with his new deal this week, is what spurs the others on and if the likes of him, Hannity and other's were making a big deal of reporting every time a drunk "illegal alien" smashed their car into a group of lily white Anglo kids driving home from their prom, folks wouldn’t get their knickers all in a twist.

Heck I even read somewhere this week that first and foremost Rush considers himself a businessman, it’s all about selling air time to sponsors and the more people they can whip into a frenzy with their hate and hypocrisy filled rants the mula they earn.

Deport those who commit serious crimes but for heaven sake give hard working undocumented people an amnesty.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:56 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Indeed, what will you do when the price of food picked by these "illegals" go up. Y'all are already griping about gas and the general cost of living. What I can't get my head around is that for decades you people had no problem with them being your maids and farm workers and then when being conservative and loud became fashionable y'all couldn't wait...Limbaugh’s making out like a bandit with his new deal this week, is what spurs the others on and if the likes of him, Hannity and other's were making a big deal of reporting every time a drunk "illegal alien" smashed their car into a group of lily white Anglo kids driving home from their prom, folks wouldn’t get their knickers all in a twist.

Heck I even read somewhere this week that first and foremost Rush considers himself a businessman, it’s all about selling air time to sponsors and the more people they can whip into a frenzy with their hate and hypocrisy filled rants the mula they earn.

Deport those who commit serious crimes but for heaven sake give hard working undocumented people an amnesty.
Not just no: HELL no!

Two reasons why I say that:

#1: lawbreakers of any ilk (especially those who commit Felonies----fraud qualifies) are much less likely to abide by rules and regulations including US middle class social customs.

#2: talk about a slap in the face towards those Hispanics (and every one else) who played by the rules when a bunch of de facto criminals are allowed to 'cut in line'

Deport the illegals, ban them from re-entry for 3-5 years and seize their ill gotten assets.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:35 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
Quote:

I've NEVER had a maid and I've done farmwork MYSELF. Go blow smoke up someone ELSE'S pantleg.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:34 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
[color=black][font=Verdana]

We tried that once already in '86. Apparently, with the 20 million illegals we have here in 08, that didn't work.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:52 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times
What I can't get my head around is that for decades you people had no problem with them being your maids and farm workers

HUH? I've never had a maid and I do my yard work myself. I never even KNEW that people were using illegals until recently -- this is not the norm over here. It is dead WRONG for people to sneak into this country without a background check and a health certificate and the ability to support themselves (or a sponsor.) There are good reasons for our immigration laws and anyone who does not respect our country's laws and sneaks in should go to the END of the line. They should be in line BEHIND the folks who are playing by the rules and coming here LEGALLY.

There are many fine Hispanics who have come here LEGALLY. They earn their own way, get jobs, start businesses, and become successful US residents. I don't care whether they become citizens or not, just come here legally, respect our country and its laws, get their permanent resident status and stay. Those law abiding Hispanics (and other ethnicities) must feel cheated that so many ILLEGALS are allowed to be here and to remain here.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:57 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
We tried that once already in '86. Apparently, with the 20 million illegals we have here in 08, that didn't work.
'86 WAS A big amnesty...involving, as I recall, some 3 million people. It met with considerable rersistance and 'grumbling' on the part of the American people...but it was pushed through anyway, with the promise that "this will satisfy them, and will end the problem once and for all".

Needless to say, that was HOPELESSLY naive. Not only did THAT amnesty fire up the call for the next, and the next, it's actually being cited as precedent.."if you could do it for THEM, you can do it for US".

Who would be UPSET at an upcoming amnesty? Well, let me think..

1. The American people, watching their laws be circumvented by those who make enough 'noise'..

2. Legal immigrants, who see their 'waiting in line' being made a mockery of..

3. The first illegal immigrant who arrives the day AFTER the amnesty cut-off, and all those who follow him...They're going to start agitating for THEIR amnesty, a few years in the future...and why shouldn't they? If we can do it NOW, we can do it 5 or 10 years from now, too.

Last edited by macmeal; 07-04-2008 at 09:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration