Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 03:12 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Nice one, but if I had a penny for every person who comes up with the same old regurgitated rhetoric about how many wars y'all had fought, won or bailed others out of, I'd be a very wealthy woman. I was quite surprised you didn't come out with the old line about “you would be eating sauerkraut instead of fish and chips" Let's leave that out and talk like adults. For all you know I could be from Alabama and living in the UK....you are free to leave the USA you know

Not sure what sort of jobs you did while at school, but I presume they didn't include crawling on your knees picking strawberries, oranges, lettuce etc...Besides, how much do you think some of the citizens will ask for to do that sort of work? $10, $20, $30, $50 per hr? Your little girls all want to be Paris Hilton or Hannah Montana – so can’t see them applying to be maids at Motel 6.

Face it just like the drug war America will never end illegal immigration. You can’t win every war. But hey it gives people reason to punch their fists in the air so who am I to resent them for doing so.
If you do not like the hardening anti illegal immigrant attitude in the USA-------you may be happier staying in your nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 04:42 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,678 times
Quote:
Not sure what sort of jobs you did while at school, but I presume they didn't include crawling on your knees picking strawberries, oranges, lettuce etc...Besides, how much do you think some of the citizens will ask for to do that sort of work? $10, $20, $30, $50 per hr? Your little girls all want to be Paris Hilton or Hannah Montana – so can’t see them applying to be maids at Motel 6.[/font][/color]
That's the argument you're making today but as I understand it, many illegals are picketing to earn the same rights as U.S. citizens which means being able to earn similar wages. So where does your cheap labor argument go then? According to the June 2008 unemployment report, there are 8.5 million unemployed Americans. I assure you that the gov't could structure its current programs (i.e. unemployment, welfare benefits, etc.) so that these individuals have the proper incentive to work these jobs and at a price that the market can bare.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:03 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,562,173 times
Quote:
But hey it gives people reason to punch their fists in the air so who am I to resent them for doing so.[/font][/color]
The same question occurred to me..."who", indeed?. Our illegal immigrants seem determined to underbid us in the labor market.....while a number of yours seem determined to blow you into eternity. Which is worse? Depends, I would imagine.

But, as you suggested, "who are EITHER of us"?...I suppose I have no more right to comment on YOUR situation, than you have to comment on ours. Thanks for making that point.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:03 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,312,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If you do not like the hardening anti illegal immigrant attitude in the USA-------you may be happier staying in your nation.
What and give up my green card?????????????????????????

Old 07-04-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
What and give up my green card?????????????????????????
You clearly do not like the USA 'growing a pair' and us starting to secure our borders against illegal immigrants........methinks that London is more to your liking.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
The same question occurred to me..."who", indeed?. Our illegal immigrants seem determined to underbid us in the labor market.....while a number of yours seem determined to blow you into eternity. Which is worse? Depends, I would imagine.

But, as you suggested, "who are EITHER of us"?...I suppose I have no more right to comment on YOUR situation, than you have to comment on ours. Thanks for making that point.

Now now don't go throwing your toys out of the crib...Last time I checked it appears they are out to get ALL OF US and if you want to turn this into a morbid pissing contest I'd say it was wipe out at the WTC (may their souls rest in peace). What a bodacious act that was compared to what happend in London. You can comment on our immigration situation all you want and you will notice I'm not as thin skinned as you.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:27 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,678 times
Default Okay, ashamed on us for feeding the troll!

Old 07-04-2008, 05:31 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,562,173 times
Quote:
Now now don't go throwing your toys out of the crib...Last time I checked it appears they are out to get ALL OF US and if you want to turn this into a morbid pissing contest I'd say it was wipe out at the WTC (may their souls rest in peace). What a bodacious act that was compared to what happend in London. You can comment on our immigration situation all you want and you will notice I'm not as thin skinned as you.
I think the big fear here is that we may have no choice but to live in an ever-tightening "Big Brother" society, just to ensure our continued survival. Goes VERY MUCH against American notions of personal freedom. In OUR eyes, you folks in the UK have already lost a number of your freedoms....and are far more accepting of this. Your much-touted "diversity", as we see it, has come at a huge cost in personal liberty. This is what we fear happening to us, here on "the frontier" (we're pretty rustic, compared to you)...maybe we're wrong..it DOES take a while for the news to get this far.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
If you are here in the USA illegally........then, get out and stay out!

Better a legal Spanish speaking Mestizo Mexican here than an illegal Brit.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You clearly do not like the USA 'growing a pair' and us starting to secure our borders against illegal immigrants........methinks that London is more to your liking.
Not your place to tell me where to live besides, I love living there and while I was there paid tax's for 17 years and hired people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration