Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 10:15 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliedvideo View Post
TV is poisonous to knowledge, understanding, comprehension, and critical thinking. They don't call it an idiot box for nothing.
Aside from the news.......I almost never watch TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 05:44 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Very much so-------hell; our American Blacks more and more want the illegals gone, most of whom happen to be Hispanic.
A growing number of legal hispanics also want illegals gone. Google "You Don't Speak for me."

I'm an African-American, born in SC and raised in VA. I've dealt with my share of racism. Sadly i wont be able to vote for possibly our nation's first African-American president mainly beacause of his stand on illegals.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:31 AM

185 posts, read 355,403 times
From alliedvideo;

"and a lot of you here are racists."

"don't just state it along with some sort of insult."

Do you notice a problem here?

Old 07-17-2008, 08:42 AM

35 posts, read 61,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
You really have a lot of nerve calling most everyone here part of "Lou Dobbs' racist minions" at the beginning of THIS post, and then at the end of it saying THIS...

Your kind of reasoning escapes me dude, I think the NCLR should get a refund on your work...
I want nothing to do with NCLR. I am not being paid by anybody. Are you being paid by Mr. Dobbs? The minutemen? FAIR? etc...

Your post proves my point. You all would rather insult instead of argue. You would rather degrade instead of make a point that actually matters. I am not offended by your statement at all, in fact I welcome it. I would encourage you to make an argument next time though instead of trying to insult me into submission. That wont work at all.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:44 AM

to support my statement as a lot of you being racist. Read your own posts. You all continually spend time insulting rather than making a point. You all try and make witty digs at NCLR and other groups that support Hispanics, without making a point. NCLR is a group to help Hispanics in America. To help them become better Americans. That is all. And seriously, someone make a point/argument.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:45 AM

AZ bears comment on TV.

The news is the worst part of TV to watch. They show you what will sell without giving you the whole story. I hope you get news from places other than the TV.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:52 AM

a short response to Alanboy395's comment.

Mr. Obama is bought and sold by the same businesses that run our government. That is why he agrees with the mainstream opinion. (Look into obama's relationship w/ Goldman Sachs) The problem is that the situation is more complex than just granting amnesty or building a fence. Here's a short breakdown of what I think should be done pulled from a post on another site.

I have no problem with Mr. Dobbs. I see exactly where he is coming from, but I think that his solutions and opinions are no though out enough. The problem with immigration is the mexican economy which the US had a large part in destroying. Again the Government, not the people. A fence would only help us ignore the problem, people will still be trying to get here illegally. I suggest attacking the problem at the source as opposed to creating a band aid solution. The problem is I dont think that Lou shows the whole picture. The problem is the Mexican economy. Yes it is not the American people's fault that it is this way, it is the government, but there comes a time where we must either answer for our government or revolutionize it. I dont see anyone revolutionizing it at all. Mr. Obama is certainly not change at all. If you want people to be coming here leagally you must make it economically feasible. Right now it costs around 150-200$ to come here from Mexico. Most jobs in Mexico pay very little - around .20 to.30 cents an hour at most for a majority of jobs open to the families who end up coming illegally. When you work 40 hrs a week and make 8$ and then have to spend almost all of it, spare a few cents, on food for your family, how are you going to save up 120-200$ to pay for legal citizenship? The waitlist is also something like 10 years long now. If the quotas were relaxed and the cost was lessend, these people would be coming here legally and businesses would have to pay them the same wages as us. The issue is that the government wants nothing to do with that as the businesses want nothing to do with that. What do you think of that situation/idea? Of course If I were to implement it, it would also have to go together with a massive plan like the WPA to create a lot of more jobs for legal citizens who are having trouble getting employment.

Im not saying open the border wide and let everyone in, but lets at least make it more rational. And to be honest is is simple to explain why American Black and Latinos are against illegal immigration.

They are the ones most effected by the job loss. This would change if we made it possible for more people to come here legally. Eventually immigration would subside as the possibility of American companies getting illegal workers shrinks. This can only happen by making the process more affordable for those workers. Then they will have legal papers, be forced to follow the same rules we do, be providing into a system to help grow the education system to support enough classes to learn English, etc etc.

I think that is a more solid solution that just building a fence. Certainly we can still do that, but we should start thinking more comprehensively if we are going to force our politicians to act on this issue.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:59 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliedvideo View Post
I want nothing to do with NCLR. I am not being paid by anybody. Are you being paid by Mr. Dobbs? The minutemen? FAIR? etc...

Your post proves my point. You all would rather insult instead of argue. You would rather degrade instead of make a point that actually matters. I am not offended by your statement at all, in fact I welcome it. I would encourage you to make an argument next time though instead of trying to insult me into submission. That wont work at all.
The purpose of my post was to illustrate how you violated your own admonition in the very post you stated it. You tell people to NOT be insulting at the end of a post that STARTED OFF with INSULTS!

You're another one of those "Do as I say, not as I do." type people.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:10 AM

oh and for anyone that wants to, I would be more than willing to accept and publish articles on our blog that are against our opinion as stated in our posts. You can e-mail them to me at contact@alliedvideo.pcriot.com . just make sure you put BLOG in the title. I will not change them, I will not edit them, I promise. If you do not trust me, send me one and then you'll find out for sure.

TheTechRevolution

Old 07-17-2008, 09:31 AM

Guy Pinestra Yes you are right. I made a mistake out of frustration as it seemed no one understood my points or want to make a serious argument. I apologize. It will not happen again. This topic is very frustrating to everyone hat is why we all need to calm down and discuss the situation rationally. Now someone make an argument or attack my argument providing facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration