Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 04:09 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
That's the one I left out. It also can be used to reference "The Community".
Thats probably the best one for this purpose(the organization). But people like to translate the worst meaning of it.

"theyre racist! Do you know what 'la raza' means? It means 'the race'! Racist!"
That one always cracks me up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 04:13 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Yet another thread hijack, brought to you by amc760/Californio. The subject of this thread is not how "LA Raza" can be interpreted. It is about a Senator who wants to enact legislation about the healthcare illegals get while in detention.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:16 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Yet another thread hijack, brought to you by amc760/Californio. The subject of this thread is not how "LA Raza" can be interpreted. It is about a Senator who wants to enact legislation about the healthcare illegals get while in detention.
Which is THE SAME quality of healthcare that American citizen prisoners get. Menendez is nothing more than a His-pandering POS out to get 'special consideration' for his 'gente'.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Instead of hijacking the thread AGAIN by crying about threads being hijacked, got anything to say?

Let me guess......you don't want illegals to get "BETTER" healthcare while in detention.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Which is THE SAME quality of healthcare that American citizen prisoners get. Menendez is nothing more than a His-pandering POS out to get 'special consideration' for his 'gente'.
You mean "our" gente..

Old 07-30-2008, 04:21 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
You mean "our" gente..
I'm an American, through and through, and people like Menendez make me physically ill with their ethnic pandering. Sure, it'll get him votes in illegal-heavy New Jersey, but at what price?

Dare I say the 'B' word? Balka.... Never mind, I don't think you 'get it' anyway.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:22 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Yeah no one does, because they KNOW its wrong. If you weren't familiar with terms like "la raza" before you got into the immigration debate, then its okay if youre ignorant to its usage. But I'm telling you right now, its going to sound like youre talking about Mexicans.
And you cant keep crying about the race card when somebody's saying something you dont like.
More encroachment on the 1st Amendment? You will NOT dictate how and what I say. I will continue to refer to Janet's group as La Raza, and you are free to refer to the NAACP as the Colored People.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
More encroachment on the 1st Amendment? You will NOT dictate how and what I say. I will continue to refer to Janet's group as La Raza, and you are free to refer to the NAACP as the Colored People.

Orrr you could just be civil and acknowledge you are using the term wrongly, but nah go ahead. Just dont be surprised by if you are considered the dreaded "R" or "B" words if you use the term in that way in front of Mexican-Americans, which I doubt you know any.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:43 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely! Furthermore, the ACLU is no longer concerned with the injustices experienced by "legal" citizens of this country. They have found a much more lucrative illegal alien enterprise through their partnership with La Raza.
ITA. They really need to consider changing their name to the

I A C L U.
L L
L I
E E
G N
A
L

Old 04-08-2009, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,232 times
I think its insane to deny anyone if for that matter a United States citizen the right to health care. I think people need not to think of themselfes in this situation, but think of everyone in the United States involved. We should give illegal immigrants the right for free health care espically if they are working in the United States. They could possibly be immigranting into the United States infected with many dieases for that matter, but no we priveleged United States citizens wouldn't think of that!? I think its ridiculous that we can take away or not grant someone ( a human) the right to health care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration