Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 08:42 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times

Advertisements

Ten-year-old Rosa holds her brother Armando, both U.S. citizens, in their West Chester apartment. Rosa's father, Armando, was recently arrested for a traffic violation. He is being held in the Butler County jail facing deportation. Gabriela Cabrera, the children's mother, is in the foreground.

********************(cont'd)
Jones represents one side of the immigration coin. On the other side are the faces of people like Armando Mondragon, 29, who sits in jail while his wife, Gabriela Cabrera, waits fearfully in their West Chester apartment along with the couple's five children. Mondragon faces possible deportation after being pulled over on a traffic stop in June — his rear license plate was missing and he had no driver's license.

Mondragon had been working as a landscaper, said his wife through a translator. "I've talked to him. He's very sad," she said. "He's worried about the children."

Immigration system in tatters (http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/08/03/ddn080308immigration.html - broken link)

They have been here for more than 10 years, "Gabby" had time to procreate 5 children but "Gabby" still needs a taxpayer funded interpreter?
Instead of worrying about the deportation of "one of her 5 baby daddies", she needs to enroll in an ESL class or go back with him once he's deported.

When will this insanity end . . . . ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 09:33 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Wow, ten years and still can't speak English. This should make it easier for her to readjust to Mexico when she is returned.
On a side note, I think that term 'anchor baby' should be changed to 'boomarang baby'.....after all, why seperate the family? Send them all back to Mexico (in this case) and when the children become adults, they (the children) can return to the US.
Also, I would like to see this family have to repay what actual US citizens have been paying for them to pop out as many children as they can. I have many friends that wished that they could have had a large family....but they couldn't afford it, so they didn't. It is ridiculous that illegals can have as many children as they wish knowing that the US taxpayer will support them all.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Wow, ten years and still can't speak English. This should make it easier for her to readjust to Mexico when she is returned.
On a side note, I think that term 'anchor baby' should be changed to 'boomarang baby'.....after all, why seperate the family? Send them all back to Mexico (in this case) and when the children become adults, they (the children) can return to the US.
Also, I would like to see this family have to repay what actual US citizens have been paying for them to pop out as many children as they can. I have many friends that wished that they could have had a large family....but they couldn't afford it, so they didn't. It is ridiculous that illegals can have as many children as they wish knowing that the US taxpayer will support them all.

Agreed. The fact that the majority of illegal aliens speak little to no English, they will have no problem readjusting to the homeland they love so dear.

As for the term boomerang baby, works for me. Although I've heard they call them "jackpot babies", which is more fitting since the object of the game is to have as many as possible, use them as a source of income and as shields against deportation.

While I agree they should all be sent back, I think the 14th should be amended to rescind the claims of citizenship to all children born in this country to illegal alien parents after the last Reagan amnesty (1986). That would eliminate a couple of million people whose anchors would no longer be considered "American citizens" nor would any of their current and future generations be eligible for chain migration.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:13 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Sadly, JDubsMom . . . this scenario is being repeated far too often.

A simple "audit" would be interesting to determine exactly how much this Deadbeat Mother has drained from the taxpayers over the past decade compared to how little she has contributed . . . if anything at all.

Possibly publishing this atrocious figure by the millions of "Indiscriminate Breeders" in this country illegally will correct the false figures claimed by the Illegal Lovers.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:32 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Gabby should get some of those famous family values and decide to keep her family together and pack up and move with the father of her last child when he returns home.

There's more to life than a welfare check after all.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Sadly, JDubsMom . . . this scenario is being repeated far too often.

A simple "audit" would be interesting to determine exactly how much this Deadbeat Mother has drained from the taxpayers over the past decade compared to how little she has contributed . . . if anything at all.

Possibly publishing this atrocious figure by the millions of "Indiscriminate Breeders" in this country illegally will correct the false figures claimed by the Illegal Lovers.
Excellent points. Unfortunately, it would be naive on both our parts to assume our delusional government, that deliberately low balls the number of illegals at 12 million has audited anything that would remotely uncover their deliberate deceit. They have a hard time tracking American welfare cheats so you and I both know they have no clue how many billions of our tax dollars have resulted in the waste, fraud and abuse can be attributed to the maintenance of illegal aliens and their anchors.

The fact that every single state that harbors, aids and abets them is flat broke, pretty much tells the real tale. That's the best and only determination we've got.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:41 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
I don't understand one bit these arguments that deportation tears families apart. IF, I and my husband was here illegally and had "anchor babies" (I love the term "jackpot babies" by the way JDub) and one of us got caught on one of the numerous illegal activities we were doing (they always get caught on something) and the threat of deportation was hanging over our head, our family would not be seperated. Whoever got deported, the rest of the family would follow. I don't understand how illegals have these wonderful "family values" when they are so quick to stay behind and let their family split up if one is deported.
Besides, I would never have children in a country where I wasn't legal and knowing I could be deported and have to raise my children in the country that I ran from.

Did that make sense, I'm in a hurry and have so much on this subject running through my head, ack!

Old 08-03-2008, 10:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
I don't understand one bit these arguments that deportation tears families apart. IF, I and my husband was here illegally and had "anchor babies" (I love the term "jackpot babies" by the way JDub) and one of us got caught on one of the numerous illegal activities we were doing (they always get caught on something) and the threat of deportation was hanging over our head, our family would not be seperated. Whoever got deported, the rest of the family would follow. I don't understand how illegals have these wonderful "family values" when they are so quick to stay behind and let their family split up if one is deported.
Besides, I would never have children in a country where I wasn't legal and knowing I could be deported and have to raise my children in the country that I ran from.

Did that make sense, I'm in a hurry and have so much on this subject running through my head, ack!

It's not likely this mother of 5 children who can speak no English is going to work to provide a living for those children. She's here for the welfare handouts, her husband was nothing more to her than a donor to conceive anchor babies who would bring in all kinds of government handouts.

These aren't family values, I notice she doesn't have the same last name as the father so chances are she remained single for the welfare program purposes. At any rate, it doesn't sound like she means to keep her family together if it means giving up the government handouts.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post

Your entire post made perfect sense to me.

As for them, it's all part of the scheme to illicit sympathy. The reality of the situation is that millions of them have no problem leaving their wives and FIRST set of children at home to come here and start NEW families. After all jackpot babies are far more lucrative than the Mexican Nationals they leave behind. The only "benefit" to having no control over your sexual appetite which results in having too many children you have no means of supporting and remaining in Mexico is generational poverty. There is no welfare, food stamps, section 8 housing and free education in Mexico. The benefits of jack pot babies and chain migration to the US? PRICELESS.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:57 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's not likely this mother of 5 children who can speak no English is going to work to provide a living for those children. She's here for the welfare handouts, her husband was nothing more to her than a donor to conceive anchor babies who would bring in all kinds of government handouts.

These aren't family values, I notice she doesn't have the same last name as the father so chances are she remained single for the welfare program purposes. At any rate, it doesn't sound like she means to keep her family together if it means giving up the government handouts.
I was wondering about the different last names as well, didn't know if it was a cultural thing or just that they weren't really married. (probably the latter)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration