Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 02:41 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Why should she go "home" when her home is right here in the U.S?
Because two illegal aliens cannot produce an American. According to the laraza crowd Mexico is wonderful.

This anchor baby should exercise her privilege of dual citizenship and go home with her breeder and siblings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 02:45 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Why should she go "home" when her home is right here in the U.S?
Because her "home" was illegally obtained through her parent's abuse of the 14th Amendment. She is no more a U.S. citizen than a resident of Mars. Illegal + Illegal = Illegal. Our government has permitted this appalling travesty to appease their illegal alien ‘slave’ labor. What better method for ensuring a steady flow of cheap illegal labor, than to “reward” them with a U.S. citizen they can use to milk the system?

Old 08-19-2008, 02:47 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,671,359 times
I disagree. I am in complete agreement with birthright citizenship and even if two illegal aliens have a baby here two days after crossing the border the baby is an American citizen.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Because her "home" was illegally obtained through her parent's abuse of the 14th Amendment. She is no more a U.S. citizen than a resident of Mars. Illegal + Illegal = Illegal. Our government has permitted this appalling travesty to appease their illegal alien ‘slave’ labor. What better method for ensuring a steady flow of cheap illegal labor, than to “reward” them with a U.S. citizen they can use to milk the system?
ITA. Sorry I can't rep you. This entire debate has begun to resemble the early stages of motherhood. Specifically when you had to continue to explain to your 2 year old the difference between right and wrong.

The difference: your 2 year old finally gets it, understands the difference and goes on to become a law abiding, productive member of society who knows that there are consequences to every action.

Illegal alien crowd: Totally void of any form of comprehension and determined to live in America and retains their 2 year old mindset, stunted mentality and their 3rd world culture and mindset.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:48 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Sour grapes? She is an american citizen whether you like it or not.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:50 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
She is also a Mexican citizen, is she not? Since it appears the freebie well is running dry for her-at least as far as college goes-maybe she should go to Mexico and demand financial aid at a college there. And she can take her illegal alien family members with her.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Cause - people who cannot AFFORD to go to college are not the "in" stories right now. The amnesty cheerleaders are focused on how bad illegals have it here . . . the plight of CITIZENS is not a hot topic. No one gives a damn if you or your child can't figure out how to get a college education. All the bleeding hearts are weeping over the "mistreated" non-citizens amongst us.

How about a chorus of "Don't Cry for me, Argentina."
Agreed.

If I wasn't so disgusted I'd be laughing at your last sentence.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:56 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I disagree. I am in complete agreement with birthright citizenship and even if two illegal aliens have a baby here two days after crossing the border the baby is an American citizen.
Not according to the Constitution when one actually reads it.

Fortunately, we have the highest possible authority on record to answer this question of how the term "jurisdiction" was to be interpreted and applied, the author of the citizenship clause, Sen. Jacob M. Howard (MI) to tell us exactly what it means and its intended scope as he introduced it to the United States Senate in 1866:

The first amendment is to section one, declaring that all "persons born in the United States and Subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the States wherein they reside. I do not propose to say anything on that subject except that the question of citizenship has been fully discussed in this body as not to need any further elucidation, in my opinion. This amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
No, it's not sour grapes; it's disgust in witnessing MY country being abused by illegal aliens. No one enjoys being used, and that is precisely what these parasitic illegals are doing. Remember, all it takes is the stroke of a pen to end this travesty. These people are not descendents of freed slaves. As a matter of fact, there hasn't been a need for the 14th Amendment in well over 100 years.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
No, it's not sour grapes; it's disgust in witnessing MY country being abused by illegal aliens. No one enjoys being used, and that is precisely what these parasitic illegals are doing. Remember, all it takes is the stroke of a pen to end this travesty. These people are not descendents of freed slaves. As a matter of fact, there hasn't been a need for the 14th Amendment in well over 100 years.
Preach on my sista . . . truer words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration