Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:37 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times

Advertisements

When I worked in a border town hospital, social services was always trying to get me to sign papers allowing family members of patients (illegals who had crossed the border for medical care) in so "they wouldn't be alone."

I was like, "Hell, no."

I mean, all sorts of tricks these people try, I tell you what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 12:41 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,413,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
When I worked in a border town hospital, social services was always trying to get me to sign papers allowing family members of patients (illegals who had crossed the border for medical care) in so "they wouldn't be alone."

I was like, "Hell, no."

I mean, all sorts of tricks these people try, I tell you what.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that information.

Question: Were you ever made aware as to whether or not caring for/admittance of illegal aliens resulted in the hospital receiving additional federal funding?

There has got to be a reason that they encouraged you to perpetrate this fraud. My guess is there is a financial connection.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:44 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
She can take her kid back with her where she came from.

Period.

Why would the kid be a citizen if her parents don't have legal status? This is the most abused amendment we have.

It is beyond disgusting. As we know, this amendment was to ensure that, after slavery was abolished, children of slaves would be citizens.

I guess this ranks up there with illegals trying to act like the Civil Rights movement somehow applies to them. We hear it all the time. Trying to compare illegal alien lawbreakers with legal black Americans and their ancestors who were denied basic rights is-well beyond words. If I wrote what I truly felt about that I would get banned.

Last edited by nicolem; 09-10-2008 at 12:54 PM..

Old 09-10-2008, 01:01 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that information.

Question: Were you ever made aware as to whether or not caring for/admittance of illegal aliens resulted in the hospital receiving additional federal funding?

There has got to be a reason that they encouraged you to perpetrate this fraud. My guess is there is a financial connection.
No, that's the whole point. EMTALA, the rule that mandates that anyone that shows up to the emergency dept gets stabilizing care is a completely UNFUNDED mandate. Hospitals, docs, etc, eat that cost. At a county hospital, the taxpayers eat the cost. At the private hospital I work at now, if someone doesn't pay the bill, I just don't get paid.

There may be some compensation to border hospitals at a federal level, but I don't think it's been agreed on and proposed amounts don't cover very much of the total bill.

In fact, recently, Parkland (Dallas county hospital) sent Mexico a bill for like $100 million dollars...of course, it was completely ignored. But they were trying to make a point.

Don't get me wrong. EMTALA, in my opinion, is a good thing. Doing a wallet biopsy before saving someone's life is not right. But it's one way the illegals have been doing a lot of sucking off the system.

The reason we were pressured to allow the families of illegals in was b/c a lot of the legal hispanic population in that border town were very pro-illegal immigrants. They would help them get food stamps and Medicaid and help them trade social security numbers amongst family members.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:07 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
Her seventh-grade year was spent in a classroom where she didn't understand the language.

"I never belonged there," she says. "I'd just come home, sit down, cry. I'd say, 'Mom, I can't do it.' ... I can't read or write Spanish."

What? Mexico doesn't have SSL (spanish as a second language) classes? Where is la raza? Where is mecha? Oh, the inhumanity!!

Old 09-10-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
No, that's the whole point. EMTALA, the rule that mandates that anyone that shows up to the emergency dept gets stabilizing care is a completely UNFUNDED mandate. Hospitals, docs, etc, eat that cost. At a county hospital, the taxpayers eat the cost. At the private hospital I work at now, if someone doesn't pay the bill, I just don't get paid.

There may be some compensation to border hospitals at a federal level, but I don't think it's been agreed on and proposed amounts don't cover very much of the total bill.

In fact, recently, Parkland (Dallas county hospital) sent Mexico a bill for like $100 million dollars...of course, it was completely ignored. But they were trying to make a point.

Don't get me wrong. EMTALA, in my opinion, is a good thing. Doing a wallet biopsy before saving someone's life is not right. But it's one way the illegals have been doing a lot of sucking off the system.

The reason we were pressured to allow the families of illegals in was b/c a lot of the legal hispanic population in that border town were very pro-illegal immigrants. They would help them get food stamps and Medicaid and help them trade social security numbers amongst family members.
Wow . . .just wow. Just when I think I've heard/read it all. That is quite an amazing story right down to them "trading SSN".

Old 09-10-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Her seventh-grade year was spent in a classroom where she didn't understand the language.

"I never belonged there," she says. "I'd just come home, sit down, cry. I'd say, 'Mom, I can't do it.' ... I can't read or write Spanish."

What? Mexico doesn't have SSL (spanish as a second language) classes? Where is la raza? Where is mecha? Oh, the inhumanity!!
I couldn't agree more.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

It is beyond disgusting. As we know, this amendment was to ensure that, after slavery was abolished, children of slaves would be citizens.

I guess this ranks up there with illegals trying to act like the Civil Rights movement somehow applies to them. We hear it all the time. Trying to compare illegal alien lawbreakers with legal black Americans and their ancestors who were denied basic rights is-well beyond words. If I wrote what I truly felt about that I would get banned.
Everything pertaining to illegal immigration is infuriating. However, the massive abuse of the 14th Amendment, it at the top of my list of complaints. Our government has allowed millions of illegals to essentially be rewarded for ignoring our laws. I will never be convinced that two illegals can produce a legal citizen. It’s absolutely absurd.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:20 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

Isn't that interesting? Yet we are expected to accommodate Spanish-speaking illegals in our country. Considering she's also a citizen of Mexico, I would certainly think they would have made provisions for her deficiency.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:24 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,107,544 times
Quote:

That is why people are moving away from border towns like El Paso because property taxes are so high to support social services for illegal immigrants from Juarez Mx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration