Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 04:13 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times

Advertisements

Guntharp's funeral is Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Horan & McConaty Mortuary at 11150 E. Dartmouth Ave. Serecky's funeral will be Thursday at 10 a.m. at Fairmount Cemetery. Both are open to the public.

Gov. Ritter Acknowledges System Has Failed

With 12 aliases and two dates of birth, Guatemala native and confirmed illegal immigrant Francis M. Hernandez compiled a long Colorado rap sheet but managed to stay off immigration officials' radar screen.

Officials say Hernandez passed himself off as a U.S. citizen. Even though he had been arrested 16 times in the past five years, he's never been deported nor raised the suspicion or scrutiny of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The tragedy now has politicians clashing with each other over illegal immigration.

Democratic Gov. Bill Ritter acknowledged the system failed in Hernandez's case. Republican Rep. Tom Tancredo claims the governor and Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper have "blood on their hands." And Republican U.S. Senate candidate Bob ******** has used the incident to accuse his opponent, Mark Udall, of doing little on immigration reform.

Gov. Bill Ritter said the legal system failed, and defending himself, and his administration from Republican charges that they've been lax on illegal immigrants, he said, "It is I think, outright, the most dramatic form of political pandering. That doesn't get us to the place of solutions. So I do think it's fair to say this is not the place or time to play politics with this tragedy. If there are solutions we need to find, let's go about finding those solutions. Let's even try to do that on a bipartisan basis. But I think both the House Minority Leader and Rep. (Tom) Tancredo were way out of bounds."

Colorado authorities and Immigration and Customs Enforcement are also in discord: They dispute when ICE was notified to investigate Hernandez's legal status.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation said Hernandez has been arrested more than a dozen times since 2003 by nine different police departments.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/17439115/detail.html

I'll reserve commenting until I stop boiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 04:26 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
"Officials say Hernandez passed himself off as a U.S. citizen. Even though he had been arrested 16 times in the past five years, he's never been deported nor raised the suspicion or scrutiny of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement. "

This is why I don't buy into the "war on terrorism" because the system here is a mess.
A citizen better pay that parking ticket but non citizens are ghosts who mock the system.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:36 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
i dont understand how hard it is to identify these people when we have finger printing!

aliases change, ID's change, prints really cant.
is there not a nat'l database of peoples prints? shouldnt there be one for those caught illegally?

if they are caught once, finger print them, enter them into a database. next time they are caught, impose fines and punishment instead of just deporting them. kinda like a 3 strikes your out. or in this case, 3 strike your in...jail. of course this will create a whole new prison population and line the pockets of those with heavy investements in the prison industrial complex, but what other solutions are there?

anybody got some solutions?

Old 09-10-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i dont understand how hard it is to identify these people when we have finger printing!

aliases change, ID's change, prints really cant.
is there not a nat'l database of peoples prints? shouldnt there be one for those caught illegally?

if they are caught once, finger print them, enter them into a database. next time they are caught, impose fines and punishment instead of just deporting them. kinda like a 3 strikes your out. or in this case, 3 strike your in...jail. of course this will create a whole new prison population and line the pockets of those with heavy investements in the prison industrial complex, but what other solutions are there?

anybody got some solutions?
It's very difficult when the person uses various aliases. Additionally, this guy has lived in numerous states under numerous alias. On many occasions I have read where they actually pay someone to burn off their finger tips in order to change their prints.

There are many tricks to the criminal trade when you originate from a culture of corruption.

My solution: Skip the trial, jail time and execute him.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:06 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Another disgusting scenario that makes me wanna PUKE, JDubsMom.

This statement alone is downright ridiculous . . . Gov. Ritter Acknowledges System Has Failed!

Governor Ritter as well as many other Mayors and Governors around this country need to be held accountable for these travesties due their blatant disregard for the citizens of their cities and states in lieu of votes. I am not an advocate of frivolous lawsuits but in this case I believe Gov Ritter needs to pay and pay severely for his actions or lack thereof.

There is absolutely no justification for this Illegal Scumbag Hernandez presence in this country, especially considering 16 violations by the age of 23. He snubbed his nose at our laws when he entered this country and continued to snub his nose at any and all laws that were inconvenient to him.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Another disgusting scenario that makes me wanna PUKE, JDubsMom.

This statement alone is downright ridiculous . . . Gov. Ritter Acknowledges System Has Failed!

Governor Ritter as well as many other Mayors and Governors around this country need to be held accountable for these travesties due their blatant disregard for the citizens of their cities and states in lieu of votes. I am not an advocate of frivolous lawsuits but in this case I believe Gov Ritter needs to pay and pay severely for his actions or lack thereof.

There is absolutely no justification for this Illegal Scumbag Hernandez presence in this country, especially considering 16 violations by the age of 23. He snubbed his nose at our laws when he entered this country and continued to snub his nose at any and all laws that were inconvenient to him.
Agreed. The problem is that many of them are fully aware of the problem only 22 are willing to stand up and vote to do something about it. We both know that means there is a small minority of our elected "representatives" who possess the cohunas to do what is best for the American people.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It's very difficult when the person uses various aliases. Additionally, this guy has lived in numerous states under numerous alias. On many occasions I have read where they actually pay someone to burn off their finger tips in order to change their prints.

There are many tricks to the criminal trade when you originate from a culture of corruption.

My solution: Skip the trial, jail time and execute him.
there is not a culture of corruption. the culture is not corrupt. until you realize this i dont think you are capable of carryin on a rational discussion.

the more i deal with you the more i think you are a waste of time.

as for aliases. who cares if they change aliases when fingerprints dont. and burning off finger prints would be a strong indication that they are tryin to go unidentified. in that case i would suggest retinal scans or biometric measurments. either way there should be a way to track these people that does not include mutable information like names and birth places.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:42 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
Quote:
there is not a culture of corruption. the culture is not corrupt. until you realize this i dont think you are capable of carryin on a rational discussion.

as for aliases. who cares if they change aliases when fingerprints dont. and burning off finger prints would be a strong indication that they are tryin to go unidentified. in that case i would suggest retinal scans or biometric measurments. either way there should be a way to track these people that does not include mutable information like names and birth places.
Actually, there is a culture of corruption. I know this because I have family in Mexico and I am of Mexican descent. The more I read your posts the more I realize how you are also a waste of time since no matter what anyone posts, you continually find ways to back the criminals and the people who wish to see the downfall of this country.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:25 PM

i dont back the criminals one bit. you have me confused with some one else.

if you want to talk about a corrupt govt, then we can find many examples of that. on both sides of the border in fact. but thats for the politics section i suppose.

what i have a problem with is when people say that a person is corrupt because of their culture. that is ignorant. thats what JDM has said and continues to say. its ridiculous.
as ridiculous as me saying that black people are cultrually imbedded criminals. or culturally embedded with corruption. she has said that about hispanics.

and thats far from the truth. im sure your mexican relatives arent corrupt.

she wont give up that position one bit. thats what i have a problem with.

but it could be that she does not know how to use her words and means to say that these people are coming from a corrupt goverment and thus are corrupt individuals. which still does not make sense.

we have a greedy gov't here, that dont mean all of us in the US are greedy.

thats what i am opposed to. these broad generalizations about peoples culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Actually, there is a culture of corruption. I know this because I have family in Mexico and I am of Mexican descent. The more I read your posts the more I realize how you are also a waste of time since no matter what anyone posts, you continually find ways to back the criminals and the people who wish to see the downfall of this country.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:

You all remind me of alcoholics. The first step to sobriety is admitting there is a problem. Sound familiar? As for dealing with me? I'm not yours to deal with. Nobody is forcing you to respond to anything I post. I certainly don't waste my time addressing any of you until you get started ragging on me because you resent me for posting the truth.

Besides you in and of yourself are representative of self inflicted issues, yet you refuse to deal with them or yourself.

Until those of you who hail from the culturally corrupt hell hole known as Mexico admit the truth, stop invading America in avoidance of your problems, instead of changing it, Mexico will forever remain corrupt, uninhabitable and off limits to those of you who wish to return and live like civilized human beings.

The first step to changing Mexico is acknowledging there are problems.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-10-2008 at 07:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration