Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 07:37 AM

702 posts, read 2,525,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
It's you and and others like you that have that "liberal" can't do, should we, way of looking at this illegal issue is just what is wrong.....I SAY.....ROUND THEM UP AND DEPORT THEM !!!!!!!!!! YES WE CAN !!!!!! AND NO I DON'T WANT THEM HERE FOR ANY REASON !!!! CLOSE THE BORDERS AND I WILL STAND GUARD TO SEE THAT IT STAYS CLOSED!!!!

Fortunately yours is not the only opinion in the U.S. There are many level-headed people who agree that illegal immigration is a problem that needs a quick solution to stop the inflow of people...but they also know that we won't be treating the illegals who are already here like cattle, rounding them up for deportation. We're talking about human beings who have some pride and self-esteem, and who came looking for a better quality of life. I realize they did illegally and I don't appreciate them going around the system and sneaking into the U.S. But people do a lot of outlandish things when they are desperate, and many of the illegals were simply doing what they felt they had to do.

So we want to greet them with a hateful attitude and physically force them back to a life of dispair? Where is the charitable christian spirit...the understanding and willingness to help people in need? It's embarrassing to hear the hatred in some people's words!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 07:44 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Sometimes being too nice is what gets you into trouble in the first place. They wont leave or stop coming if we just keep giving them what they want. not all are here to assimulate, I have met plenty that have a 10 year plan, and have NO problem with using us, the are not taught in school there that we are nice people to be respected.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:45 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Oh, sorry I didn't clarify.

The quote about the fish WASN'T from Candide. But the bit about Paquette squandering her money IS from Candide.

In other words, if one wants to help the poor, one should try to ensure that they are educated and prepared for the long term instead of handing out small short-term "snacks" that extend the agony of the poor.
I believe we have all agreed on this except for some!! We just can't continue to give give give and soon we will have nothing for our own citizens. People act like the United States has unlimited resources. If we keep giving away and never recieving educated people we will all be picking fruit!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 04:13 PM

702 posts, read 2,525,649 times
I don't see the U.S. running out of anything in the near future...what is it that you're lacking now that you can't get? I think giving is much more important and a much more admirable quality than refusing assistance to people in need. And they will stop coming if we concentrate on THAT aspect of illegal immigration - stopping the inflow at the borders. I'm all for that, however it may be accomplished. But I'm not for kicking anyone to the curb, especially those in need.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:10 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
what is it that you're lacking now that you can't get?

How about a decent education!! Some states here are way over budget due to the extra costs and are cutting programs for our kids, how is that right for us?

Old 02-20-2007, 07:19 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
what is it that you're lacking now that you can't get?

How about a decent education!! Some states here are way over budget due to the extra costs and are cutting programs for our kids, how is that right for us?

Absolutely!!! I'm moving out of ths state because my kids need to be better educated. The schools here are over filled - How can a teacher teach so many kids at once. There is no one on one interaction. We have a bad school problem in this state......... I know a teacher here, she told me to not send my children to any schools in my town - horrible!

Old 02-21-2007, 01:44 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,684 times
Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2007 11:31 a.m. EST
Nancy Pelosi Backs Tuition Breaks for Illegal Aliens

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is touting congressional Democrats' push to make college more affordable for young people, including those without legal residency.

Pelosi joined three of Arizona's four Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives for a town-hall-style meeting Monday at Arizona State University in Tempe.

Her visit to ASU marked Pelosi's first domestic public appearance as speaker outside of Washington, D.C., and her home district in San Francisco.

The California Democrat praised the recent passage of House legislation that would increase the maximum yearly amount awarded through Pell Grants by $260 - to $4,310 - and cut interest rates on federal student loans in half over the next five years.

Hell Nancy don't stop there, make sure ALL the illegals get a house and new Cadillac also.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:22 AM

157 posts, read 310,021 times
Cool Logic

Sounds like that "Dream Act" they been talking about. Where do they get this crap. I know a young man who WORKED 2 jobs and had 2 kids and put hisself through college. That is what Americans do. It is just like a teenagers first car, if he pays for it he usually takes good care of it. If Mommy and Daddy give it to him he usually totals it. When you WORK for something you are more likely to do something with your life. This FREE thing is not meant for Americans. Another thing "Poor Immigrant" These poor illegals have wads of $100. bills. They pay CASH. I have seen this, just like a lot of others. IF they wanted an education it would be paid in cash. American dollars. Immigrants came here and worked odd jobs putting theirselves through school and making a life for themselves. That is the American Dream. Not give me, give me, this is why people are mad. This is why Americans are not mad at Immigrants. We are mad at Illegals on the "Give Me Gang"! Let Americans stick their hand out. It may be cut off!!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 10:28 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,406 times
Seems there's a big loophole there - what about "unless there is substantial state interest"?

Yeah - like state taxpayers PAYING for illegals' education. That is certainly of "substantial interest" to the particular state.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:44 AM

19 posts, read 66,832 times
I sincerely hope they all go away, better yet vaporize, but am realistic as to our governments ineptitude and the lack of law enforcement relative to illegals..I do not want the illegal children educated in public schools. I would love for them to pick produce or do menial work their entire lifes as a punishment for their parents illegality..( I am married to a brazilian and I can tell you that word does trickle back, if what is precieved does not come to fruition. If they cant educate the kids or work.. they do and will go home) Just as I am being punished for the baby boomers (my fathers generation) complete lack of multigeneration thinking and planning and contamination of our culture...We all know this generation has laid the groundwork for this to be a third world nation..I dont need to educate them to take over and write policy that panders to their limited (but growing) constiuancy..The public education system does nothing but cater to "individualism and liberal "community" mindset...They are encouraged NOT to assimliate and to retain and stregthen cutural folkways and mores..Keep them out of public schools. We cant afford the education and ultimate uprising of million of illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration