Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 06:33 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
TUCSON - A member of the Tohono O'odham tribe who has been putting out water for illegal immigrants crossing the desert for seven years has been told to stop.

Mike Wilson says he's been told before that the tribe doesn't want him placing water on the southern Arizona reservation to help migrants.
KTVK TV3 Phoenix (http://www.azfamily.com/news/specialreports/immigration/stories/Tucson-immigration-news-090408-no-water-tribe-says.43f61d88.html - broken link)

Even our Native American Indians along our southern border are joining the war against illegal immigration. I double dare any pro illegal fan to try to even pull the 'race card'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 07:52 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
What we see here is endless trails of trash, mostly water bottles that have writing in spanish. They have tried to make the areas that have water off limits to BP. All the BP has to do is just wait outside that area to do the arrests.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:41 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
KTVK TV3 Phoenix (http://www.azfamily.com/news/specialreports/immigration/stories/Tucson-immigration-news-090408-no-water-tribe-says.43f61d88.html - broken link)

Even our Native American Indians along our southern border are joining the war against illegal immigration. I double dare any pro illegal fan to try to even pull the 'race card'
That Native American has been on TV many times. The only thing he did was provide water for the immigrants. He stated that they would be tampered with, but he kept doing what he thought was right. He may not have agreed with them coming here, but he did not want them to die crossing. I and many others had nothing but respect for him.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:54 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
That Native American has been on TV many times. The only thing he did was provide water for the immigrants. He stated that they would be tampered with, but he kept doing what he thought was right. He may not have agreed with them coming here, but he did not want them to die crossing. I and many others had nothing but respect for him.
I normally like to be as hateful, grumpy, xenophobic, and anti-illegal as I possibly can...but after decades of working outdoors in remote locations, I can't find it in my heart to see anybody suffer from thirst. I can't judge anyone who'd offer water to a thirsty person.

Now, when they GET to the water, I'm perfectly OK with apprehending them and putting them on a south-bound bus. THAT part I have no problem with. I just hate to see anyone suffer hunger or thirst, having been there myself a time or two.

Just call me a "compassionate" xenophobic racist...or an "understanding" anti-Hispanic....or call me anything you want; I certainly get called all these, and worse, on this forum. Sorry, I just can't go along with "thirsting them to death"...even when 'they get THEMSELVES into their predicament'. I'd make a TERRIBLE 'cop', I know.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:21 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
If I encountered a thirsty person, I would offer water. However, I would not stand at the border to provide water for illegals entering this country.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If I encountered a thirsty person, I would offer water. However, I would not stand at the border to provide water for illegals entering this country.
I doubt very much if you have ever spent anytime at the border.
They bring their own water when they start out.
I don't think you have much of a concept of the border and the sonoran desert and the intense heat.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:51 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I normally like to be as hateful, grumpy, xenophobic, and anti-illegal as I possibly can...but after decades of working outdoors in remote locations, I can't find it in my heart to see anybody suffer from thirst. I can't judge anyone who'd offer water to a thirsty person.

Now, when they GET to the water, I'm perfectly OK with apprehending them and putting them on a south-bound bus. THAT part I have no problem with. I just hate to see anyone suffer hunger or thirst, having been there myself a time or two.

Just call me a "compassionate" xenophobic racist...or an "understanding" anti-Hispanic....or call me anything you want; I certainly get called all these, and worse, on this forum. Sorry, I just can't go along with "thirsting them to death"...even when 'they get THEMSELVES into their predicament'. I'd make a TERRIBLE 'cop', I know.
I knew you were a big softy at heart. LOL

Old 09-24-2008, 09:54 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
I don't think you have much of a concept of the border and the sonoran desert and the intense heat.
I have never professed to be an authority on the daily activities at our borders. However, I do not believe in aiding and abetting illegal aliens. As previously stated, if I encounter ANYONE who is thirsty, I will offer water. As a human being, I could not watch a person die from thirst or hunger. That doesn't mean I will stand at the border to assist them.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:55 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
I'm out there at least twice a week during hunting seasons and yes, they do put water stations out. That is like putting out a bird feeder.

If they know in advance there is food and water waiting they will cross. The message will be that there is none so unless they can carry enough to make it they'd better not try.

I saw on a msg board that some people were shooting the containers. Pretty harsh but I bet the message from some detained was to quit relying on the water being there.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm out there at least twice a week during hunting seasons and yes, they do put water stations out. That is like putting out a bird feeder.

If they know in advance there is food and water waiting they will cross. The message will be that there is none so unless they can carry enough to make it they'd better not try.

I saw on a msg board that some people were shooting the containers. Pretty harsh but I bet the message from some detained was to quit relying on the water being there.
I don't think you get the message. They die from lack of water, would you like to stumble across a two or three year old dead, because someone thought they did not deserve water and it would just be one less than you would have to worry about. That is the mindset of many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration