Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 07:37 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
But you didn't answer my question. What's the difference between illegal aliens coming in, and all the Americans traveling abroad to places worse than "SOB", and then coming back home?
Think for a few minutes and you will get it, especially since it has been stated here in this thread. Think...now!!! You can do it...maybe!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 07:55 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, I have been to Mexico, many times. Yes, I did get vaccines, as well as, avoid drinking the water (carried bottled water). I made the mistake during my first visit of ordering a mixed drink (on the rocks), I paid dearly. I was sick as a dog for a solid week, even with the medication my doctor prescribed.

I'm sure there are some who do not take these precautions, but I value my health, and that of others I may encounter upon my return.
Yeah, but we're not talking about you personally. I'd wager dollars to donuts that the majority of tourists and visitors to Mexico don't get vaccinated everytime they cross the line. Neither do people doing business, or go shopping in the other country.

Plenty of Mexicans come to the United States on business, tourism, or for shopping. People that are exposed to all this alleged leprosy, bubonic plague or what have you.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Think for a few minutes and you will get it, especially since it has been stated here in this thread. Think...now!!! You can do it...maybe!
I don't really think you know what you are talking about and are just defending your side by ganging up on me like the others.

Pretty much just trolling.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:13 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,945 times
Quote:
But you didn't answer my question. What's the difference between illegal aliens coming in, and all the Americans traveling abroad to places worse than "SOB", and then coming back home?
Vaccinations is the word which comes to mind...............

Old 12-05-2008, 08:16 PM

472 posts, read 740,775 times
[quote=antialphabet;6443309]I'd wager dollars to donuts that the majority of tourists and visitors to Mexico don't get vaccinated everytime they cross the line. Neither do people doing business, or go shopping in the other country.

To acquire immunity to most of the deseases in question, repeated innoculation is not needed. Once, perhaps a later booster, is normally enough.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:20 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Yeah, but we're not talking about you personally. I'd wager dollars to donuts that the majority of tourists and visitors to Mexico don't get vaccinated everytime they cross the line. Neither do people doing business, or go shopping in the other country.

Plenty of Mexicans come to the United States on business, tourism, or for shopping. People that are exposed to all this alleged leprosy, bubonic plague or what have you.
Here's the thing....unlike legal immigrants that must have a health check prior to their acceptance into the US, illegals do not. That means that illegals can and do cross the border with active cases of TB and whooping cough to name two diseases that are making a comeback. If they had gone through the legal immigration process, their applications would have been denied as they had communicable diseases -- which does stand for more then just stds, you know.....

Old 12-05-2008, 09:26 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Here's the thing....unlike legal immigrants that must have a health check prior to their acceptance into the US, illegals do not. That means that illegals can and do cross the border with active cases of TB and whooping cough to name two diseases that are making a comeback. If they had gone through the legal immigration process, their applications would have been denied as they had communicable diseases -- which does stand for more then just stds, you know.....
Consider the source.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Exactly communicable diseases.

My point is, does it really have to be them coming to us, and not us going to them?

I'm speaking about the massive traffic between countries with so many Americans going to Mexican for tourism, business, or visiting.

All the Americans that have family in Mexico.

All the products we get from Mexico.

We, as a country, are very much connected with Mexico.

Think about all the border towns that has people crossing to both sides on a daily basis.
San Diego-Tijuana, El Centro-Mexicali, Yuma-Algodones, El Paso-Ciudad Juarez, Brownsville, etc.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Consider the source.
Another lame attack. Get over it, ArizonaBear.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:06 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
When Americans travel to "places worse than SOB" (your words, not mine) innoculations are required, or you don't go. However, there are some things that even vaccines won't stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration