Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 05:39 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Didn't mean to tax you brain with the question. My apologies.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:25 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
so what tie to immigration does it have?

its apalling that posters like jdubs cant separate citizenship from a mere human facto. its worse that they make this, like everything in their lil brains, about immigration.
i am glad i dont go around wondering if people are here illegally or not.

im happy for a success story regardless of citiZenship, and i am sadened by a tragedy regardless of whether it involves immigrants or not.

this story is about tragedy. not immigration.

some people aint big enough to see beyond race, others cant see beyond immigration status.

all i see is a tragedy. liberian or not. immigrant or not.

and then to bring in an unrelated case. thats trully appalling.

the quality of these threads is diminshed by idiotic posts. but the OP does a very good job of that all alone. so many irrelevant threads in this forum.

this is a tragedy. plain and simple.

it does not belong in the immigration forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I believe what JDubsMom is referring to, and she can correct me if I'm wrong, is the unsafe building conditions which, while not the initial antecedent in either case, contributed to the deaths of these people in that safety measures were either removed (interior stairs) or never installed in the first place (smoke detectors).

I don't believe that the notion of having the landlord check immigration status was even mentioned.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration