Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 03:00 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
AMEN!! I live in California and hate what has happened to our state! I am not a biggot...I have Hispanics in my family...and my grandparents immigrated from Europe...what part of ILLEGAL do these bleeding hearts not understand?
Our emergency rooms are closing, the schools are overcrowded, I hear T.B. is back...you get the idea. I don't mind people coming here for a better life and a better job to take care of their family...but get in line!!
Nicely put Carmac!!!

If they would only do it the right way, but no - they just wanna keep breaking the law.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 04:07 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
AMEN!! I live in California and hate what has happened to our state! I am not a biggot...I have Hispanics in my family...and my grandparents immigrated from Europe...what part of ILLEGAL do these bleeding hearts not understand?
Our emergency rooms are closing, the schools are overcrowded, I hear T.B. is back...you get the idea. I don't mind people coming here for a better life and a better job to take care of their family...but get in line!!
Oh that's wonderful. That's what I would want to get with hospitals closing.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:25 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,771,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

Copy, Paste. Does your neighborhood resemble this?! This is kinda why they come here, to escape poverty. Once you visit the border first hand, and you hate illegal immigrants to your stomach, I guarantee you will eat your own words. Guaranteed!
Hate is to strong of a word, but I do dislike illegals and I will never change my mind or eat my words and yes I have been to Mexico ....Their countries problems should not become my problems.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Well, lol, about the only cry me a river, is the Americans on here who feel they have been getting ripped off. When was I complaining, I currently live in California and have experienced the "invasion" first hand and am surprising myself by being able to talk about it. Unfortunately, I'm not affected by seeing illegals everyday, most of it sounds like anger or subtle ignorance. I do not appreciate the low respect level. I apologize if I came off as harsh.

dusesean1986, this is just a guess but, you are in your early 20's, never had to work, still in college, mommy and daddy still support you, will go to work for daddy after college with a do nothing job...you have never really done anything yourself to help a poor American. Are you sure you aren't really Paris Hilton ?

Old 03-08-2007, 12:39 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,469 times
Bingo!!!
I think dusesean might change his attitude once he grows up, gets some real life experience in the "REAL" world (not at some college where all the students just regurgitate what their liberal professors tell them) and maybe matures a bit too a long the way

Old 03-08-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Bingo!!!
I think dusesean might change his attitude once he grows up, gets some real life experience in the "REAL" world (not at some college where all the students just regurgitate what their liberal professors tell them) and maybe matures a bit too a long the way

It's not just liberal professors, my grandkids are in grade school and they get it there too by liberal 1st and 3rd grade teachers.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:59 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
To the OP, see you will never get a normal, straight answer to your question. The few on here who are for illegals cannot come up with a respectiful, decent answer. You can see they call others racist. It's one thing to state your opinion, back it up, but to troll and egg others on, gets a bit old.

So, to the Opening Poster - I don't see you getting the answer to your question.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:05 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
To the OP, see you will never get a normal, straight answer to your question. The few on here who are for illegals cannot come up with a respectiful, decent answer. You can see they call others racist. It's one thing to state your opinion, back it up, but to troll and egg others on, gets a bit old.

So, to the Opening Poster - I don't see you getting the answer to your question.
I am still waiting for a valid answer on how they show us respect and why we should give them their demands. Dont think I am going to get one.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:48 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post

I kinda figured but I thought maybe there was a sliver of hope that they would be able to at least try to come up with a straight answer. Silly me.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:07 PM

340 posts, read 745,052 times
Quote:
I live in Los Angeles County, I don't think it's too sheltered. My county is over 50% latino. I've had numerous encounters with rough areas

1. What rough areas, and what did the encounters consist of ???

, work with illegal immigrants,

2. What kind of work did you do, and for how long ?? How did you know they were Illegal ?, surely you didn't just assume they were because they were Mexican ??

and have worked with gangmembers.

3. What gang or gangmembers did you work with ???

My resume is full.

4. What exactly constitutes a "Full Resume" for a 20 year old ??

Where might you reside? In all due respect, is your information leaked from subtle racism from major news networks?
5. A full resume is quite an achievement at 20...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration