Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 01:50 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylfnogard View Post
You can't just round up people by gunpoint for crossing your property.
Incorrect. I have the right to stop tresspassing on my property. This includes a "Citizens Arrest" of the tresspasser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 12:21 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
This case is infuriating! He damn well better be cleared of all charges, and every single one of those illegals, and their attorneys, should be laughed out of court! This is a travesty. I hope to God that common sense prevails and not political correctness or a fear of offending.

He needs to install an electrified fence lines with barbwire, a few minefields, and past that a herd of rabid pitbulls.

Of course, if our gov't was worth a damn, he wouldn't have to do any of that as they would protect the border in the first place!

Old 02-16-2009, 11:47 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
This case is infuriating! He damn well better be cleared of all charges, and every single one of those illegals, and their attorneys, should be laughed out of court! This is a travesty. I hope to God that common sense prevails and not political correctness or a fear of offending.

He needs to install an electrified fence lines with barbwire, a few minefields, and past that a herd of rabid pitbulls.

Of course, if our gov't was worth a damn, he wouldn't have to do any of that as they would protect the border in the first place!
Antone ever heard of aiding and assisting 16 criminals in a criminal action , well thats what the Attorney and the Judge in this case are doing . They are terriost. And they get paid with tax payers monet to do this !!!!!

Old 02-16-2009, 01:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Default EDITORIAL: Illegal-alien outrage

Quote:
One of the illegal aliens seeking to collect his $2 million is Gerardo Gonzalez, 38, described in MALDEF's lawsuit as a Mexican citizen. No ordinary Mexican, he. Jerry Seper of The Times reported Friday that Gonzalez is also a convicted drug dealer; in September 1993 he was convicted of possessing a controlled substance for sale and was ordered deported back to Mexico.

Gonzalez, whose illegal re-entry after removal under U.S. law would be an additional felony, was among the 11 men and five women detained by Barnett on March 7, 2004 when the rancher, now 64, approached a group of illegals, accompanied by a dog and carrying a gun. The MALDEF lawsuit accuses Barnett of having “conspired” “to hunt and detain against their will, and at gunpoint, Latino migrants.” Barnett counters that he drew his handgun because his 22,000-acre ranch is frequently crossed by illegal immigrants and drug smugglers, and that he holstered the weapon after assuring himself that the trespassers were unarmed.
Washington Times - EDITORIAL: Illegal-alien outrage

Old 02-17-2009, 02:05 PM

67 posts, read 99,461 times
good old mex...um I mean American justice

Old 02-17-2009, 08:53 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Jury backs Ariz. rancher accused of detaining Mexicans | Chronicle | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6267853.html - broken link)

Quote:
A federal jury found Tuesday that a southern Arizona rancher didn't violate the civil rights of a group of illegal immigrants who claimed that he detained them at gunpoint in 2004.

The eight-member civil jury also found Roger Barnett wasn't liable on claims of battery and false imprisonment.

But the jury did find him liable on four claims of assault and four claims of infliction of emotional distress and ordered Barnett to pay $77,804 in damages — $60,000 of which were punitive.
Could have been worse, but still not good enough. I certainly hope he wins his planned appeals. He deserves a medal if anything.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Jury backs Ariz. rancher accused of detaining Mexicans | Chronicle | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6267853.html - broken link)

Could have been worse, but still not good enough. I certainly hope he wins his planned appeals. He deserves a medal if anything.
I hope he is going to appeal the dumb jury deciession .

Old 02-17-2009, 11:56 PM

67 posts, read 99,461 times
I thought it was legal in America to protect your property from trespassers, especially drug traffickers. Our legal system is a joke when they protect foreigners crossing into this country illegally, rather than their own taxpaying citizens. Its a real shame this even went to court.Im sure there is a special place in hell for blood sucking souless lawyers who even take up cases like this.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:49 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
With a "justice" system that rewards criminals rather than victims, it's only a matter of time before lawful property owners resort to the old 3S system.

Shoot
Shovel
Shut Up

Old 02-18-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
With a "justice" system that rewards criminals rather than victims, it's only a matter of time before lawful property owners resort to the old 3S system.

Shoot
Shovel
Shut Up
I would guess that the jury forgot that they were in Arizona , where you can and many do wear bigger than a 9mm on their hip for just that reason . Their not making a movie this is life at t's best . why call 911 when you have 22,000 acres you can be every thing ,the sheriff , the mayor ,the judge and jury . you establish the rules . the lawyer for the illegals forgot to mention . yes it is against the law to do things to immigrants , but when there is the word "illegal" in front of it there is a differance. This the lawyer and the jury overlooked. Yes he is in control of "HIS" land and this verdict will be over turned. I would wonder what would have happen if the drug dealer had take a shot at the rancher and he killed all of them ? The lawyer would have lost a lot of money ,and the court system would have saved a lot of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration