Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 11:40 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I think we should build a Catholic monastery on the border. That way, the resident monks could busy themselves lobbing 'missals' across the line....(hopefully these missals would be published in Spanish...or in Latin, in case some Latin Americans showed up).

We could call it a 'Holy War'......and if anyone on either side showed up to object, we could call them 'protestants'.....
ROFL! I'm picturing the "holy hand grenade of Antioch." But, careful, the majority of Americans are Protestants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 11:43 AM

Military bases are too expensive. All we have to do is electrify the border fence and bury some landmines on our side, with ample warnings that they're there, of course. I'd even agree to have bilingual warning signs! Look how effective landmines and electric fences have been at Guantanamo these decades!

Old 02-26-2009, 11:45 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the world is full of great spellers that lack common sence!!!! i don't think spelling has anything to do with building military basses on the border... it would be so easy for terrorist to cross over the mexican american border... thugs cross the border everyday and get free medical care free welfare...do you think it is fair to all those legal immigrants that have to wait years to become citizens..

I think Gee Durrbya's "No child left behind" forgot about you.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
the basses would be a great deterrent
Welll, only if they're left out in the sun. Fish can get awful stinky if not kept cold.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:53 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp
I know of Big mouth basses, small-mouth basses, salt-walter basses, but miltary basses? Do they taste good with hush-puppies?
The striped bass are the military ones.

Quote:
Boarder? Like room and boarder? Which boarder? The one is 2B or 3C?
Skateboarder? Surfboarder? Snowboarder?

Quote:
What's a deterrent?
It's that stuff you put in the washing machine before you throw your dirty clothes in.

Last edited by andreabeth; 02-26-2009 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-26-2009, 12:02 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
This thread is a testament to the value of public investments in education in having a populace capable of making sound and defensible arguments.

The OP's point was completely undermined by so many great jokes.

Keep that in mind, kiddies. Get yer learnin' on if you want to keep Mexicans away.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
The striped bass are the military ones.

Skateboarder? Surfboarder? Snowboarder?

It's that stuff you put in the washing machine before you throw your dirty clothes in.

okeedokee, got it....

Great thread by the way, I haven't laughed so much in a while. Had to change my depends once.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
This thread is a testament to the value of public investments in education in having a populace capable of making sound and defensible arguments.

The OP's point was completely undermined by so many great jokes.

Keep that in mind, kiddies. Get yer learnin' on if you want to keep Mexicans away.
Well, one could argue that in many parts of the country, the influx of illegal immigrants in our schools has led to a dumbing-down of the material taught AND the expectations because they aren't anywhere near academic proficiency in English. In fact, when illegals who can't even speak a correct sentence in English comprise 25 percent of the classroom and must be accommodated, it's quite clear that educational quality suffers.

So that as many of them as possible would pass, our state testing, for many years, didn't count grammar and spelling in the writing portion of the exam and the student passed as long as the ideas conveyed responded appropriately to the prompt. That changed with the new testing but grammar and spelling still aren't given the weight that they should.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:11 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
damn them basses keep jumping on my bases.. if you don't like the military bases idea what about the toco bells..soon the mexicans will take over if we let them they need to stand in line like all the other immigrants.. there's going to be a toco bell on every street corner soon.. i would suggest buying toco bell stock it's going to boom!!!!

Old 02-27-2009, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
damn them basses keep jumping on my bases.. if you don't like the military bases idea what about the toco bells..soon the mexicans will take over if we let them they need to stand in line like all the other immigrants.. there's going to be a toco bell on every street corner soon.. i would suggest buying toco bell stock it's going to boom!!!!

I still don't know what a toco is, and why does it have a bell??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration