Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 12:36 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
I don't know. When I hear "legal Hispanics", I think Hispanic legal immigrants. I didn't know Americans who were Hispanic had to be "legal Hispanics".
In this day it seems every ethnic group wants to be identified by their group first. Example african american etc.
My ancestors were German and Native American. Personally I don't care. I am an American. What they were is nothing to me.
Legal hispanics or Hispanic Americans= same to me. I'll take them over an illegal anything anyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 12:38 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
I would like to point out that MCSO has detained, and transferred to ICE, unlawful immigrants from over 20 countries including some from countries like Iran, Syria etc.

Illegal immigration is not limited merely to Mexico. Not by a long shot

Old 03-22-2009, 12:41 PM

I would still like to know which civil liberties are being violated.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:06 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
In this day it seems every ethnic group wants to be identified by their group first. Example african american etc.
My ancestors were German and Native American. Personally I don't care. I am an American. What they were is nothing to me.
Legal hispanics or Hispanic Americans= same to me. I'll take them over an illegal anything anyday.
The funny thing about that, (but not really) is that white Americans have been paralyzed with guilt since slavery. The media has allowed racist pimps such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to back all of you into a corner and cower in fear of being called a racist, even when it is unmerited. You have allowed the corporate crooks, illegal alien racists and their ethnocetric masters to do the same.

I am an NOT an African American. I wasn't born in Africa, nor have I ever been to Africa. As a matter of fact, I have more in common with my white American counterparts than I ever will with a foreigner, specifically those who are African, just ask one of them, they will tell you the same. As a matter of fact they seem to take pride in ridiculing Black Americans as much as they do White Americans.

I am an American. If I just have to be labeled in terms of color, by all means call me a Black American. The fight we are in is an American fight. As far as I'm concerned regardless of color, those who are guilty of contributing to the destruction of my country are my only enemies.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The funny thing about that, (but not really) is that white Americans have been paralyzed with guilt since slavery. The media has allowed racist pimps such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to back all of you into a corner and cower in fear of being called a racist, even when it is unmerited. You have allowed the corporate crooks, illegal alien racists and their ethnocetric masters to do the same.

I am an NOT an African American. I wasn't born in Africa, nor have I ever been to Africa. As a matter of fact, I have more in common with my white American counterparts than I ever will with a foreigner, specifically those who are African, just ask one of them, they will tell you the same. As a matter of fact they seem to take pride in ridiculing Black Americans as much as they do White Americans.

I am an American. If I just have to be labeled in terms of color, by all means call me a Black American. The fight we are in is an American fight. As far as I'm concerned regardless of color, those who are guilty of contributing to the destruction of my country are my only enemies.
Bravo Zulu Madam pitbull well said.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:24 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Maybe president of the Minuteman Project.
He won't go far outside of Arizona.
You just never know, look how many said we would never have a black President ! Sooner or later we all will say enough is enough . He has my vote!

Old 03-28-2009, 07:32 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:

Kudos! I couldn't agree more.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:13 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Why thank you tinman and Benicar

Old 03-28-2009, 08:47 PM

608 posts, read 923,767 times
Quote:

I'd rep you for this statement if I could, because this is the real truth of the race issue in the USA at this time. We all were AMERICANS on 9-11-2001; but then we returned to our hyphenated identities not long afterward. This is an AMERICAN fight, being fought by AMERICANS of all ancestories! When these illegals and their supporters realize that we won't fall for this race crap any longer; but will see the enemy for what it truely is, (an unwanted invader, that isn't an American citizen) how will they find a way to defend their baseless point of view?

Old 03-28-2009, 08:53 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:

I could have rode the minority bandwagon all through College being part Apache but I chose the path of working my way through school as the last thing I wanted to be identified with was some govt pimped out lackey minority. That theme seems to have been lost today in the grab of tax payer paid social services. It's really quite pathetic with the something for nothing crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration