Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 03:31 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Sorry to disapoint, but I am for gay marriage. I understand that immigrants from SOB (both legal and not) are generally quite opposed to gay marriage. Does that make them hippocrites? Homophobic? Weren't they quite vocal about it in CA with prop 8?
Hispanics were some of the biggest backers of Prop 8. Maybe Mr. Chicano can explain why.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:33 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
except that those who happen to be on a visa and fall in love have no options when their time is up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why would it matter if they are gay or not? They are here illegally and that is that. If they want to wail about Prop 8 back in Columbia, I guess they can all day long . Someone gay getting married isn't costing me an arm and a leg like your so called, "Hispanic foreigner" or "Illegal Alien" which is what the topic should be about. Once they let the Visa expire they no longer are a tourist but an Illegal Alien.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:34 PM

223 posts, read 300,587 times
Quote:
Hispanics were some of the biggest backers of Prop 8. Maybe Mr. Chicano can explain why.
Social conservatism. Strong ties to Catholic Church. The biggest backers of Prop 8 were Chicanos and Blacks in LA.
It's more likely of liberal White people (and "Mr. Chicano") to go against something like Prop 8.

But I thought this was anti-illegal vs. pro-illegal. Why are you going after Hispanics? Aren't there Hispanics who are anti-illegal as well? Why would you sandbag them like that?

Old 05-28-2009, 03:37 PM

and then they say, YOU pull the race card. er i mean ethnicity card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
Social conservatism. Strong ties to Catholic Church. The biggest backers of Prop 8 were Chicanos and Blacks in LA.
It's more likely of liberal White people (and "Mr. Chicano") to go against something like Prop 8.

But I thought this was anti-illegal vs. pro-illegal. Why are you going after Hispanics? Aren't there Hispanics who are anti-illegal as well? Why would you sandbag them like that?

Old 05-28-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:

Going after Hispanics? You mean Illegal Aliens? Dude, you are all over the road. What is your topic supposed to be about? Gays? Hispanics? Illegals? What?

Pick one and we'll try and keep up.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:58 PM

its funny, the other day i saw a trailer for a movie that is coming out with sandra bullock.

i thought to myself. isnt that just a remake of GreenCard?

talk about making a mockery of marriage and immigraiton laws.

wonder how well it will do at the Box office.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
its funny, the other day i saw a trailer for a movie that is coming out with sandra bullock.

i thought to myself. isnt that just a remake of GreenCard?

talk about making a mockery of marriage and immigraiton laws.

wonder how well it will do at the Box office.
Probably well because she's hot.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:03 PM

223 posts, read 300,587 times
Quote:
Going after Hispanics? You mean Illegal Aliens? Dude, you are all over the road. What is your topic supposed to be about? Gays? Hispanics? Illegals? What?

Pick one and we'll try and keep up.
Well, you started talking about illegals, and then you started talking about Hispanic voting trends.
Make what you want out of that.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:07 PM

keep racking up those W's!!!

Quote:
Well, you started talking about illegals, and then you started talking about Hispanic voting trends.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Read the first line --
PHOENIX, Ariz. — David used to be one of those people who say: “Get out of our country if you don’t belong here.” That was until he fell in love with an undocumented immigrant.

STOP--

That's all you need to read is the first line and the rest of the story is mute. He's an Illegal Alien, the rest of the story doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration