Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,180,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Does people you speak of that work with you from other countries are the one's that are taking american jobs. Your company should hire Americans instead of going to other countries to bring in workers.
What does your post have to do with hiring legal people? The Mexicans, etc. mentioned in ClarissaM's post are not the problem.

I agree with her 100% about her feelings concerning illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 10:34 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,914,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Sounds cool...but what does language have to do with being, (or not being) a legal resident of the US? You can speak ANY language, and be a citizen. But you can't be illegal, and a citizen.
So all it takes is a stroke of a pen...nothing more. So why not legalize them?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Give it up: the party is over for the illegals--------------it is now past time to take out the trash.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:38 PM

It's fairly easy to spot an illegal alien. They are the ones who don't take as much pride in themselves as those here legally. They expect us to cater to them. I have a delightful legal gardener who is so happy to be in the United States. Every time I see Jose, he puts a smile on my face. The CNAs in my Mom's retirement community (albeit it is a top-tier place) are Mexican and Filipino. They are the nicest, most caring folks you'd ever want to meet. Again, they are here legally.

So you spot people that are illegal? Magic...

I speak to and see many people every day, to the point that a non-accent is pretty rare. Since I work in technology, I'm surrounded with degreed and bright engineers and others from outside this country who conscientiously follow the rules. These people are bringing something to the United States in exchange for living here (and yes, most of them are "of color").

So, to all of you naysayers who are trying to label us with the racist card, be advised that this forum consists of bright, thoughtful and well-read individuals who are finally at their wits' ends by the hand-out, entitlement mentality that has been forced on us. Who do you think is paying for your criminal ways, both monetarily and culturely? (Hint: US!) And we're damn tired of it.

Again, some are racist. There are a HIGH number of racist people who are nativist. A lot of people have a cultural superiority about them.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonabear View Post
give it up: The party is over for the illegals--------------it is now past time to take out the trash.
america phuk yeah!!! Gonna save the mother phucing day yeah!!! America phuk yeah!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
True. However, we are NOT discussing legal immigrants, we are discussing ILLEGAL aliens. Thus, we are not obligated to tolerate or accommodate them. It’s bad enough that they are here without permission.
But they are here. Regardless of how they got there...they ARE here now. There is a mathematical principle, a part of game theory, that suggests its actually better to help people. So with that in mind, why don't we help them...we will be rewarded as well.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:47 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,855,168 times
Quote:
But they are here. Regardless of how they got there...they ARE here now. There is a mathematical principle, a part of game theory, that suggests its actually better to help people. So with that in mind, why don't we help them...we will be rewarded as well.
Because the United States already has more than enough poverty stricken citizens, homegrown criminals, social & financial problems.

Oh, and more importantly, rewarding foreign criminals will only encourage more illegal criminals to follow suit.

How many more illegal aliens illegally entering the US/overstaying their visas would you love force the govt. to assist?

Quote:
You are correct: the illegals need to be rewarded-------------with time in Tent Cities prior to their deportation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Why do you have such a problem with Americans resenting the massive number of people in this country who have no legal right to be here? Why do you struggle so hard to accept the concept that Americans might actually want some say over who is allowed into this country? Immigration is supposed to be orderly and regulated. Countries should know the backgrounds and the agendas of people who want to immigrate into them.

WHY on earth do you think Americans should just look the other way when a country such as Mexico encourages its most impoverished and uneducated to flood over our border, unchecked, unseen, and uninvited?

So rather than continue to rebuke each and every post on this thread, please explain your REASONS for defending and advocating that Americans accept illegal immigration.
My reasons? Well, I've stated them before.

It's economically more feasible if we have an easier legal immigration policy. Look, the majority of illegal entries occur at the check points. With that in mind...they are coming here no matter what. So we can have another pointless war (like the war on drugs, war on terror, now war on illegal immigration) or we can stop illegal immigration by having more legal methods. Economically its also better to help those already living here. They are already contributing members of society (they buy things, they work, etc.) So why not ensure they have a means to rise up on the economic ladder?

Obviously there should be some safeguards...but I feel that militarizing the border or requiring police to capture illegal immigrants are really bad ways to reduce illegal immigration.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:47 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,573,417 times
Quote:
I don't know...why not? Why not let people who steal property (cars, bikes, furniture), just keep it, as long as they're putting it to good use? Got squatters living in your apartment complex? Why evict them? Why not just admire their 'pluck', and call it even? Got people pirating your intellectual property, making big bucks b selling YOUR music as their own? Why stop them? Isn't there plenty of money to go around, for you (the artist) as WELL as the 'pirates' who copy your work?

Why indeed? I don't know...particularly when we could straighten out ALL these crimes with just the 'stroke of a pen'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration