Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 04:08 PM

11 posts, read 14,955 times

Advertisements

i entered usa april 2008 with a tourist visa
and overstayed untill today
i have my i94 expired

i know its wrong to stay here illegaly
but it was not my decision

im currently studying in an adult school
no job no id/drivers license no ssn

i just wanna ask for advice from other people
im really confused and scared about the concenquences ill be facing

i live with a relative some of them are us citizen
and some are just like me overstayed tourist visa

at first i thought being in this country will make my life better
but i never lose hope still hanging on

i wanna go to college and be a normal person

/sob.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 04:10 PM

33 posts, read 40,714 times
If this is real, I don't think this is the ideal place to post. Go to Dream Act's website.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:47 PM

sorry i posted here
thanks for the dream act info

Old 08-07-2009, 04:57 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,721 times
Look for your nationality's nearest foreign consulate and seek advice from the officials.

Illegal immigration is a violation of the law regardless of whether one entered illegally or overstayed a visa.

In addition, residing in the US in fear isn't the best life to live.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Begin the naturalization process immediately. That is job one.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:26 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Begin the naturalization process immediately. That is job one.
Now, how would he do that? He has overstayed his visa. Short of marrying someone he is not eligible to start the legal permanent resident, let alone the naturalization one.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:38 PM

most of people around me are ignorant about the process
and most of us cant afford a lawyer and even scared to talk to one

thanks for the advice

the only place where im free to do and say what i want is in the internet

Old 08-07-2009, 05:39 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Now, how would he do that? He has overstayed his visa. Short of marrying someone he is not eligible to start the legal permanent resident, let alone the naturalization one.
Oh...then he should self-deport as that would be job one. My point is he should legalize himself one way or the other. But whatever he does, he should not wait and do nothing.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:47 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Look for your nationality's nearest foreign consulate and seek advice from the officials.

Illegal immigration is a violation of the law regardless of whether one entered illegally or overstayed a visa.

In addition, residing in the US in fear isn't the best life to live.
Great advice, better take it. INS seems to be cracking down on this type of violation.

Im just curious however, how did you learn to read & write english if you just got here ?? 1 year to learn it all ,huh ?

Can anyone spell HOAX for me ????

Old 08-07-2009, 05:49 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Oh...then he should self-deport as that would be job one. My point is he should legalize himself one way or the other. But whatever he does, he should not wait and do nothing.
How is that starting the naturalization process? By self-deporting he gets a 10year ban on his return ( if he's been here for over a year )

Overstayed,

About school, try talking to your local community college/university, in some states it is still possible to go to school while you are an IA, and in some you might qualify for in-state tuition, depending where you finished your high school.

About your status, try going to talk to a lawyer to see your options, some of them have a free initial consult where you can ask them questions about your specific problems and create a plan of action. If you cannot find one, look for services at religious institutions, some of them have free legal clinics where lawyer volunteer to help out people (and meet their pro-bono) or they will be able to steer you the right direction. You should not be afraid from lawyers, you should be able to talk to them openly as a customer, and they are required by law to keep your information confidential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration