Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:57 AM

432 posts, read 605,196 times

Advertisements

Do people really believe that there is a shortage of jobs because of illegal immigrants?

I believe that the laws on the books from American Legislatures is what creates a shortage of jobs.

If this was a free country, we would not need to worry about where people came from. But b.c we have so many laws that REGULATE (CONTROL) businesses here in America, and have so many laws that REGULATE (CONTROL) citizens of America, we have businesses going overseas where they can actually produce stuff without worrying about big brother.

But for some reason America has always wanted to become like Britain, ever since we departed from them.

Stop blaming poor Mexicans for what we created ourselves in DC and in the other capitals...

(the government wants you to blame Mexicans.... corporations.... CEO's....etc..../anything that gets your attention off the real cause of the problems)

Get rid of the laws that regulate and control and tax and tax businesses and employees. And we will have prosperity once again. Let people choose where they work, instead of shutting down businesses for having "unsafe work conditions" that the other 99% of the world could only dream of having available in their areas....

Blaming Illegals for trying to feed themselves and their families, is like blaming a wet homeless puppy in the rain for wagging it's tail.

And for those that say "they are ILLEGALS.. they broke the law.. send them back!!"...

- I say to you... How many laws have you broken in the last day? the last month? the last year? There are SO MANY LAWS in this country now, that 99.99% of the population breaks some law at least once every week... So please don't tell me or anyone in the younger generation to have respect for the law anymore, when anything and everything can and will be against the law soon enough at this pace.

You have 535 legislatures that couldn't recite 5 constitutional ammendments if you asked them. Yet you worry about poor Mexicans for breaking the law? When you have at least over 500 ignorant legislatures making the laws?

In closing, quit blaming the little guy just trying to get by....

Last edited by ManGoneADreamin; 10-22-2009 at 01:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 01:02 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,233,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManGoneADreamin View Post
Do people really believe that there is a shortage of jobs because of illegal immigrants?
Yes. Half of all illegal aliens are visa over-stayers, and I have many friends who cannot find computer related work, whilst places such as Silicon Valley are chock full of aliens, many of whom have over-stayed their visas.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:06 AM

76 posts, read 146,894 times
The real cause of the problem is the corrupt Mexican government if you really want to get down to it. The way that they run their country is causing the impoverished conditions that Mexico is and has been experiencing for a very long time. If Mexico had as high of a quality of living as America did I highly doubt that many of them would want to come to America.

As for "yer jobs" I personally feel that is hardly the issue. Illegal immigrants, not just from Mexico, are breaking America laws when the come here illegally. Hence the term "Illegal Immigrants". A lot of them feel that they have the right to come here regardless of American law. They feel they have the right to be here to use and abuse our system with no consequences.

Again, I am not talking about legal immigrants. America is based upon immigration. That is the back bone of our nation. But they, as in all of them, should be made to do it legally. PERIOD.

Also, go here and tell me what you think.

MEXICA MOVEMENT: Indigenous Liberation for Anahuac

Quote:
And for those that say "they are ILLEGALS.. they broke the law.. send them back!!"...

- I say to you... How many laws have you broken in the last day? the last month? the last year? There are SO MANY LAWS in this country now, that 99.99% of the population breaks some law at least once every week... So please don't tell me or anyone in the younger generation to have respect for the law anymore, when anything and everything can and will be against the law soon enough at this pace..

None of that matters as we are citizens. Can I just go and become a citizen of Germany, France, Japan, Russia, or even Mexico? It is very hard to do so. And if I tried to be an illegal immigrant in even Mexico I would go to prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManGoneADreamin

Yes. Half of all illegal aliens are visa over-stayers, and I have many friends who cannot find computer related work, whilst places such as Silicon Valley are chock full of aliens, many of whom have over-stayed their visas.

This is the truth. Face it. Illegals screw over Americans and legal immigrants. Stop trying to make us feel sorry for everyone that has a hard time in life. Either they should play by the rules or they should not play at all on the matter of immigration.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read Culture of Critique View Post
Fair enough I guess.

But think about this... All hypothetical.

Why would the best land on this Earth, not want the smartest, most inventive, brightest minds of the world to be working for our companies here?

Maybe your friends are not on the same level as these smart/creative foreigners?

The risk of having illegals work for these computer related firms is pretty big, so these illegals must offer something that your friends do not?

Old 10-22-2009, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Fair enough I guess.

Why would the best land on this Earth, not want the smartest, most inventive, brightest minds of the world to be working for our companies here?

Maybe your friends are not on the same level as these smart/creative foreigners?

The risk of having illegals work for these computer related firms is pretty big, so these illegals must offer something that your friends do not?
Who cares? If they are not citizens and they are breaking the immigration laws then they should be deported. Trust me on this, there are enough Americans who can fill those jobs in a damn hurry.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan777 View Post

None of that matters as we are citizens. Can I just go and become a citizen of Germany, France, Japan, Russia, or even Mexico? It is very hard to do so. And if I tried to be an illegal immigrant in even Mexico I would go to prison.

----
This is the truth. Face it. Illegals screw over Americans and legal immigrants. Stop trying to make us feel sorry for everyone that has a hard time in life. Either they should play by the rules or they should not play at all on the matter of immigration.

To the first paragraph - Is that what America is? Does America just need to be one step ahead of other countries in their approach? Or should America be for what is right, what is freedom, what is noble? Which might be even 100 steps above what other countries do.

To the second paragraph - If you grew up in say .. a military zone... would you not try to escape? If you lived in a place, so bad, that you did not know where to get clean water from, would you not try to escape?

Who made the laws? Who made the border? What right do you have to allow military people to enforce a line in the sand on your behalf?

As long as these illegals don't use violence against anyone or steal or harm someones property, they are good Americans in my view.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:38 AM

Quote:
To the first paragraph - Is that what America is? Does America just need to be one step ahead of other countries in their approach? Or should America be for what is right, what is freedom, what is noble? Which might be even 100 steps above what other countries do.
People have the right. The right to come here legally. We are ahead of the world on the issue of immigration. We always have been. But it is legal immigration, not illegal.

Quote:
To the second paragraph - If you grew up in say .. a military zone... would you not try to escape? If you lived in a place, so bad, that you did not know where to get clean water from, would you not try to escape?

Who made the laws? Who made the border? What right do you have to allow military people to enforce a line in the sand on your behalf?

As long as these illegals don't use violence against anyone or steal or harm someones property, they are good Americans in my view.
My father's family came here from Europe. They came from Latvia via Spain right after Stalin took over the Baltic nations. They left Stalinist USSR to Franco Spain. Ironic aye? So they bailed from there and came to America. They came here legally. Imagine that huh? I know, it is crazy. Then they learned English and assimilated. So don't try to tell me about people having hard times. My grandmother has told me stories about the crazy **** they had to do to get out of Latvia.

Who made the laws? The Federal Government of the damned USA, that is who. Who made the border? America did. We have the right because this is our land. This is our nation. That is how nations work. What right do we have? The right of the people and Federal government of the United States of America.

Get with reality. Illegal is illegal, period. Deport them all I say.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:24 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:

Well, stealing a social security number to obtain work is identify theft. Those that are working are either working under the table not paying taxes or have stolen identity. When you add in the double dipping of STEALING other social services not meant for them?

Old 10-22-2009, 05:47 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Jobs for people like me are being stolen legally by H1-B visa holders.

However just because illegal immigrants are not stealing my job, that does not make it OK for them to steal somebody else's. They all need to be deported. What are we waiting for? Start the roundup. I can point to some neighborhoods you can start in.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:22 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Fair enough I guess.

cheap wages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration