Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 10:40 PM

277 posts, read 368,666 times

Advertisements

These posts prove my point....everyone is hung up on race. At the core of this immigration debate is RACE. Miss Universe is Puerto Rican, Venezuelan or Colombian....white, tall, light eyes...blah, blah blah. Spaniards this, Mexicans that. Americans are sooooo caught up on race. And that is from White folks who have made it issue since they invaded the new world. Indians were salvages. Went to Africa for salves. Civil war over slaves. American Apartheid. We needed a Civil Rights Bill to clear some of this up. As I have said before....can't pick on the blacks anymore (in the open)...Latinos are the next target....Legal or not.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:50 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Because people like you and even worse back then had a problem with people being different.

But now immigrants know they don't have to coward to bullies like you because you have a problem with people speaking different lanuages or displaying their traditions.
You find people hiding their traditions from the mainstream is cute like it was back then? How sad.
I don't think you've ever heard the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do". Most people do not have problems with immigrants as long as they learn the language and contribute to this nation. What's being asked of today's immigrants is nothing that was not asked of immigrants 80 to 100 years ago. Oh and another thing, immigration to the USA is a priviledge, not a right!

Old 11-10-2009, 01:26 AM

277 posts, read 368,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I don't think you've ever heard the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do". Most people do not have problems with immigrants as long as they learn the language and contribute to this nation. What's being asked of today's immigrants is nothing that was not asked of immigrants 80 to 100 years ago. Oh and another thing, immigration to the USA is a priviledge, not a right!
Whatever...that the excuse you people use. You want people to erase their cultures and become "AMERICANS". And that consists of eating fast food, watching football and eating meatloaf? All immigrants know they are in a new land and try hard to adapt. I don't see how people different from you impose on your lifestyle? Learn to accept people different from you and your life will be calmer. Might add a couple years to it. People stress over other people instead of taking care of their own lives.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:15 AM

335 posts, read 328,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
If you go back far enough WE were the illegal aliens. Native Americans hated to see us invading their pristine countryside and ruining their nations.
Europeans who arrived in North America prior to 1776 were NOT illegal aliens. There were no immigration laws in place at the time the first Europeans started arriving on this continent. Since you can't violate a law that doesn't exist, these European settlers weren't illegal aliens.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:
I love how all these "Americans" talk crap about illegal immigrants. Give me a break. This is the new code word for Latinos. Now that we can't pick on the Blacks anymore, let's move on to the Latinos..they are an easy target. And what every "American" needs to remember is that this is NOT OUR NATIVE LAND. You all have immigrant blood. Our founding "fathers" stole this land, plain and simple. They were not sent invitations nor granted permission to rape their woman, kill their men and steal their lands. And this country has been built on immigration ever since, even if you choose not to accept it. Get over it.
So you use "illegal immigrant" as a code word for Latino? Very interesting. Lawbreakers, which illegal aliens are, have always been an "easy target". The Mexicans also have immigrant blood, as do the Native Americans. By the way, many of those Americans you refer to that you say "need to remember" are Hispanic-American. Also, the Spaniards were the first Europeans to arrive on this continent. And yes, those Spaniards did rape the women, kill the men, and steal the land of the Native Americans. And then eventually the Mexicans stole the land from the Spaniards.

Last edited by mrbartlebee; 11-10-2009 at 03:12 AM.. Reason: Factual error

Old 11-10-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
And FYI...immigrants (Illegal I take it), do pay taxes. More often than not they pay Federal taxes and never get any of it back. Unlike you or I that get nice refunds every year. They pay into Social Security which they will never benefit from.
Some illegal aliens pay taxes on money that they earn at jobs that they're illegally working at. Every illegal alien who is working in the U.S. has committed at least one crime, including: ID theft, document fraud, Social Security fraud, employment "I-9 Form" fraud, income tax evasion, and conspiracy to violate immigration laws.

Many illegal aliens get all of their federal income taxes refunded by using an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number that they can get from the IRS with no questions asked. Illegal aliens can get even more money back in a refund than they paid in federal income taxes by claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit.

Any money that illegal aliens contribue to the Social Security fund would have been contributed anyway by Americans or legal immigrants if they had been doing the jobs currently filled by illegal aliens. There is nothing special about illegal alien workers. We don't need them in this country for any reason.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
I love when people say "assimilate now!"

And that always come from white folks who have been here for generations and have lost of all their culture. They all speak one lanuagage and eat meatloaf and Mash potatoes. They have no culture saved among the generations. So they want everyone else to be like them? Give me a break. Stop being jealous because other people have rich and diverse cultures ALONG with the American one. Stop hating on that Latino that can speak perfect english and perfect spanish. Stop hating on that Puerto Rican who loves Arroz con Pollo just as much as he does Hot dogs and Hamburgers. Stop hating on the Indian neighbors who wear their tradition clothing and while they own that Gas Station you always pump your gas at. Stop using that word assimilate. People do not have to give up their language, culture, and pride in who they are to be part of the American Society. When you say that you sound small minded and out of touch.
It sounds like you're the one who's doing most of the hating on this thread.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
These posts prove my point....everyone is hung up on race. At the core of this immigration debate is RACE. Miss Universe is Puerto Rican, Venezuelan or Colombian....white, tall, light eyes...blah, blah blah. Spaniards this, Mexicans that. Americans are sooooo caught up on race. And that is from White folks who have made it issue since they invaded the new world. Indians were salvages. Went to Africa for salves. Civil war over slaves. American Apartheid. We needed a Civil Rights Bill to clear some of this up. As I have said before....can't pick on the blacks anymore (in the open)...Latinos are the next target....Legal or not.
Do you have anything to say about Mexico's racist, xenophobic, and nativist immigration laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration